Which NBA player do you play like?

lol i dont do the shady stuff like he does but i just try to get in your face and be on you wherever you are. i never cared too much about offense and maybe cause i wasnt great at it but defense and rebounding and all that seems more fun for me

Dan Majerle when he was on the Suns....I'm white, got a good mix of athleticism/skill, like to slash and mix it up inside, but also will hit the J inbunches. While obviously I'm not nearly as good as him I will say I focus more on the defensive/team aspects of the game than he seemed to. Dude was a Gtho.

Marcus Camby

-Block a lot of shots
-Suspect Jumper
-Long, but not too athletic. (Marcus was really athletic before, but not so much anymore)
-Can sort of handle the ball.

Marcus Camby

-Block a lot of shots
-Suspect Jumper
-Long, but not too athletic. (Marcus was really athletic before, but not so much anymore)
-Can sort of handle the ball.

Kobe Bryant !. I swear my offensive styles are exactly the same as him. The only different is he's 6'6 while im only 6'2.

larry hughes, i am weak so when i get inside, i have to through something crazy up and hopefully it goes in, my jumpshot is a line drive also smh

Devin Harris - the shooting + more kickouts. I love the fast break. I'm not as effective in the half-court but I can get into the paint with ease and amusually looking for the dump pass or kick out once I'm in the there. My perimeter defense is also above-average.

Mentally, I'm like all the streak players in the NBA. If I start off bad, my confidence starts to tank and it just keeps on snowballing. When I do bad, Ido spectacularly bad. When I start off well, I end up being one of the better players on the court. It's very hit-or-miss for me.

Tyson Chandler
2007-02-26-chandler.jpg

I dunno...
-Shoot the 3 pretty well
-GREAT mid-range
-Pretty good court vision
-quick....like super super quick so I like to drive and kick alot
-good on the ball defender even better off
-short

^ I just went with point guards.

Nash... except Nash is a terrible defender.

Kidd... except Kidd isn't a good shooter.

Jason Terry is money from 3, money from mid-range, has good vision, quick... but he's not exactly short, and isn't the best defender in the world.

Chauncey? I think that fits.

It really depends who i'm playing with. I'm not that tall, but sometimes I'm one of the tallest on my team and I find myself playing like LamarOdom. Other times I play like T-mac (fading when I shoot)

I like your idea Ska. I cant think of any comparisons for my game off the top of my head so I'll just describe it and see what NT comes up with.

- I run alot (marathons/ten milers etc) so moving around consistantly on the court is inevitably the way I play on both sides of the ball. Always settingscreens and looking for ways to get daybreak by using them since I like to shoot as soon as Im free. Big fan of the pick and roll too. My form is a little rayallen-*%! but in reality Im a streaky jump shooter (15-18). Not bad from 3 but definately not my forte (maybe low 30's percentage wise)
- I try to make an occasional attempt to crash the boards but my eyes and mind are downcourt as soon as the ball comes off the rim. Not a cherry picker by anymeans but I take off runnin as soon as theres a possesion change. If a team mate has a break away I almost always run cross court to do clean up just in case
- Im not very tall but am kinda long for my height (6'1) so Im a pretty good perimeter defender. I gamble alot though when going for the steal whichbackfires sometimes if Im late but I usually end up with a ton of deflections/altered shots which often turn into transition opportunities.
- very team oriented. Doesnt like being "the man" offensively but has no problem guarding the other teams top scorer . Likes doing the little thingson both ends of the floor

I don't care if he's not around..

sweetney_051006.jpg

Right now I'm out of shape, still with soft hands and a drop step that'll put your $%% on the floor, and a nice touch
pimp.gif

I like ska's idea. I'll try a shot at giving others a comparison. someone do me though

- I usually play wing position
- I am money from 3 when open
- I have a great midrange game.
- My handles need a bit of work
- I play tight, lockdown defence
- I often settle for the shot, instead of the drive
- Very team oriented, puts team first
- Before taking a shot, I always consider passing
- Very active without the ball
- When the game gets close, I play like I am pouring my heart out on the hardwood

anyone got one for me?

I'll go with ska's idea of naming your skills and getting told who you play like:
-Tend to be one of the taller guys on the court when I play, so I get a good amount of boards.
-I can get physical on defense and make you work for your shot(as long as you're not too quick/have good dribbling skills)
-my low post game tends to be pretty good and I'll shoot a high percentage from down low(again, tends to be when I'm one of the bigger guys)
-I'm pass first as I'm not a great shooter so the last thing I want to do is jack up bad jumpers and have everyone mad and not dishing to me the restof the game. But I do take my shots when available.
-When playing bigger guys I'll revert pretty much to a point guard and get down low when I can.

Baller5979:
- I run alot (marathons/ten milers etc) so moving around consistantly on the court is inevitably the way I play on both sides of the ball. Always setting screens and looking for ways to get daybreak by using them since I like to shoot as soon as Im free. Big fan of the pick and roll too. My form is a little ray allen-*%! but in reality Im a streaky jump shooter (15-18). Not bad from 3 but definately not my forte (maybe low 30's percentage wise)
- I try to make an occasional attempt to crash the boards but my eyes and mind are downcourt as soon as the ball comes off the rim. Not a cherry picker by any means but I take off runnin as soon as theres a possesion change. If a team mate has a break away I almost always run cross court to do clean up just in case
- Im not very tall but am kinda long for my height (6'1) so Im a pretty good perimeter defender. I gamble alot though when going for the steal which backfires sometimes if Im late but I usually end up with a ton of deflections/altered shots which often turn into transition opportunities.
- very team oriented. Doesnt like being "the man" offensively but has no problem guarding the other teams top scorer . Likes doing the little things on both ends of the floor
Basically, a very athletic, offensively minded 2-guard that gambles on defense, frustrates the opposing team's best defender, seldom rebounds(but will occasionally), and shoots a relatively low 3-pt. percentage.

At first, I was thinking Rip Hamilton, but he's money from 3, and he's not exactly known for guarding the other team's best player.

Monta Ellis? I don't know his 3-pt. percentage, though. Team oriented, doesn't get a ton of rebounds, but will from time to time, always runningaround, always thinking about the fast break as soon as the other team shoots, gambles a lot, which sometimes pays off perfectly and sometimes burns him, long,athletic... Monta Ellis.

mike miller.

i do most of my scoring on the perimeter thanks to my shot that is ca$h, i can drive to the rim too. i am unselfish. my defense is suspect like miller's.

Originally Posted by Baller5979

I like your idea Ska. I cant think of any comparisons for my game off the top of my head so I'll just describe it and see what NT comes up with.

- I run alot (marathons/ten milers etc) so moving around consistantly on the court is inevitably the way I play on both sides of the ball. Always setting screens and looking for ways to get daybreak by using them since I like to shoot as soon as Im free. Big fan of the pick and roll too. My form is a little ray allen-*%! but in reality Im a streaky jump shooter (15-18). Not bad from 3 but definately not my forte (maybe low 30's percentage wise)
- I try to make an occasional attempt to crash the boards but my eyes and mind are downcourt as soon as the ball comes off the rim. Not a cherry picker by any means but I take off runnin as soon as theres a possesion change. If a team mate has a break away I almost always run cross court to do clean up just in case
- Im not very tall but am kinda long for my height (6'1) so Im a pretty good perimeter defender. I gamble alot though when going for the steal which backfires sometimes if Im late but I usually end up with a ton of deflections/altered shots which often turn into transition opportunities.
- very team oriented. Doesnt like being "the man" offensively but has no problem guarding the other teams top scorer . Likes doing the little things on both ends of the floor

Seems like you got a nice mid-range game and love the fast break. You also say you're a good perimeter defender, but sometimes make mistakes.

Besides the height difference and athleticism, I would say Josh Smith. Always leading the fast break, guards the teams scorer and often passes it up to thetwo higher scorers on his team (Bibby and Johnson). He also shoots a similar percentage in 3 pointers.

Originally Posted by JsindaA

I dunno...
-Shoot the 3 pretty well
-GREAT mid-range
-Pretty good court vision
-quick....like super super quick so I like to drive and kick alot
-good on the ball defender even better off
-short
Sounds like CP-3, to me.

Back
Top Bottom