Which one is the better "42" inch T.V. Samsung or LG?

But Plasma's are outdated.
indifferent.gif

Again, read the link....

yeah good thing u didnt go with plasma since u said it was for gaming right?  plasma's and playstations dont mix from what ive heard (residual image burning)

:rofl:  at ppl telling this guy to get a plasma for games

i got a 46' sammy last year LN series. nothing jaw dropping like what's in the pipe-line such as 4k but blu rays still look sharp.

if you have automotion which urs should make sure to turn it on for games and off for movies (as the movements are distracting IMO when it comes to motion-pictures)

welcome to the club.

:rofl: I guess if you like lag, terrible interpolation , and blurry artifacts , then you would get an led.
The possibility of having burn in on a plasma is more likely than any other tv ( which it is possible to get on any kind of tv) but its definitely not as bad as it used to be. You really only get image retention now and its usually only within the first 100 hours ( it takes about 100 hours for phosphorus cells to break in) . And now there is anti image programming in plasma tv's that help remove it a lot quicker. There are also break slides you can download on the web to reduce it and even out the pictures.
Hell Samsung plasmas pretty much have it down. From what I have read there is no reports of any kind of image retention on this years 7000 and 8000 series. Now if only Panasonics had this technology....

yeah good thing u didnt go with plasma since u said it was for gaming right?  plasma's and playstations dont mix from what ive heard (residual image burning)

roll.gif
 at ppl telling this guy to get a plasma for games

i got a 46' sammy last year LN series. nothing jaw dropping like what's in the pipe-line such as 4k but blu rays still look sharp.

if you have automotion which urs should make sure to turn it on for games and off for movies (as the movements are distracting IMO when it comes to motion-pictures)

welcome to the club.
roll.gif
 at you for thinking plasmas aren't for gaming. Even funnier coming from a guy with an LN series ancient TV.

You should do some research before you talk out. For gaming and sports LCD/LED can't touch a plasma. The plasmas from early onset are totally different from the plasmas nowadays. I did a lot of research before I bought a TV in January and I came to realize for Gaming and sports Plasmas are superior. 3D looks so much better on Plasma too. 600hz is there for a reason.

Read and educate yourself. 

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-QA4WZaAmu7g/learn/learningcenter/home/tv_flatpanel.html
notice i said, "from what i've heard" which would indicate a lack of experience, which would indicate a specific lack of knowledge of.  it was more a less a generalization and not a definitive ruling against one technology over another.  the LN series being "ancient" only further reveals your hedonistic undertones.  i could care no less if you play mass effect 3 and see more varient shades of goldenrod than me 
indifferent.gif

therefore, no, i do not need to read or educate myself on this subject as it has no effect on the general welfare of my being, or the being of those close to me. thanks anyways tho. honestly.

roll.gif
 at ppl telling this guy to get a plasma for games

welcome to the club.
roll.gif
I guess if you like lag, terrible interpolation , and blurry artifacts , then you would get an led.
The possibility of having burn in on a plasma is more likely than any other tv ( which it is possible to get on any kind of tv) but its definitely not as bad as it used to be. You really only get image retention now and its usually only within the first 100 hours ( it takes about 100 hours for phosphorus cells to break in) . And now there is anti image programming in plasma tv's that help remove it a lot quicker. There are also break slides you can download on the web to reduce it and even out the pictures.
Hell Samsung plasmas pretty much have it down. From what I have read there is no reports of any kind of image retention on this years 7000 and 8000 series. Now if only Panasonics had this technology....
again, "lag", "interpolation", and "blurry artifcats" are mere buzz words to me.  as for MYSELF my led/lcd whatever it is is more than just fine and is a terrific upgrade from my previous 32".  i am glad however u arrived to educate folks and explained things in your own words as opposed to posting links. keep it up

Plasma's are still possibly the best tv's out. Due to the refresh rate, they are amazing for gaming/sports, and a decent GT or VT series Panasonic will trump any LED's black level.

I ended up buying a D series Samsung last year. However I got the D7000, which is ideal for my living enviornment. I was on the fence about buying a TCP50GT30, because its AMAZING. But where my tv is, I cant really control the sunlight coming in. And Plasma panels are ALOT more glarey, even with anti glare film. My LED can also get some glare, but the backlight combats it and almost negates the glare.

I love my LED, even though I thought the GT series plasma was better, I have no regrets. Infact the 240hz refresh rate is AMAZING. Along with the full web browsing, the active shutter 3d and this sick full keyboard remote. Contrast ratio is great (although thats all bs when they list a #)... and it just looks beautiful.

But theres no doubt a good plasma is better than a good led (in most cases)

I have an LG but it's a 26" works for the size of my room and space.

Pretty good tv i must say for my PS3

welcome to the club.

:rofl:  at you for thinking plasmas aren't for gaming. Even funnier coming from a guy with an LN series ancient TV.

You should do some research before you talk out. For gaming and sports LCD/LED can't touch a plasma. The plasmas from early onset are totally different from the plasmas nowadays. I did a lot of research before I bought a TV in January and I came to realize for Gaming and sports Plasmas are superior. 3D looks so much better on Plasma too. 600hz is there for a reason.

Read and educate yourself. 

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-QA4WZaAmu7g/learn/learningcenter/home/tv_flatpanel.html

notice i said, "from what i've heard" which would indicate a lack of experience, which would indicate a specific lack of knowledge of.  it was more a less a generalization and not a definitive ruling against one technology over another.  the LN series being "ancient" only further reveals your hedonistic undertones.  i could care no less if you play mass effect 3 and see more varient shades of goldenrod than me :stoneface:

therefore, no, i do not need to read or educate myself on this subject as it has no effect on the general welfare of my being, or the being of those close to me. thanks anyways tho. honestly.

welcome to the club.

:rofl: I guess if you like lag, terrible interpolation , and blurry artifacts , then you would get an led.

again, "lag", "interpolation", and "blurry artifcats" are mere buzz words to me.  as for MYSELF my led/lcd whatever it is is more than just fine and is a terrific upgrade from my previous 32".  i am glad however u arrived to educate folks and explained things in your own words as opposed to posting links. keep it up

So let me get this straight. I post a link up so you can educate your obvious lack of any kind of information concerning televisions and you go ahead and say you don't need to. Then you tell another NTer that what he wrote is irrelevant because he didn't post any links? Wow...

You laughing at people that recommended plasma TVs yet you know nothing about the subject matter. Then you cry when you're corrected. Now that's funny. Like I said. Educate yourself on subject matter before you make dumb comments. And yes the LN series is discontinued and old tech. I'm surprised you have an opinion on quality of a TV. My computer monitor has better quality than your LN screen. Hedonistic. Lol.

Plasma's are still possibly the best tv's out. Due to the refresh rate, they are amazing for gaming/sports, and a decent GT or VT series Panasonic will trump any LED's black level.
I ended up buying a D series Samsung last year. However I got the D7000, which is ideal for my living enviornment. I was on the fence about buying a TCP50GT30, because its AMAZING. But where my tv is, I cant really control the sunlight coming in. And Plasma panels are ALOT more glarey, even with anti glare film. My LED can also get some glare, but the backlight combats it and almost negates the glare.
I love my LED, even though I thought the GT series plasma was better, I have no regrets. Infact the 240hz refresh rate is AMAZING. Along with the full web browsing, the active shutter 3d and this sick full keyboard remote. Contrast ratio is great (although thats all bs when they list a #)... and it just looks beautiful.
But theres no doubt a good plasma is better than a good led (in most cases)

The 7000 is a big price (2011 d model, anyway) jump from the 6000 but def worth the money. The 8000 would be a waste of money and this years E model has almost no improvements :smh: when it comes to picture quality. The build of the 2011 model seems a little bit more quality to it.

The gt30 was great because of the thx certification but for the price, i would of have gone with the ST30 instead since they are both using the same panel. So on paper if you calibrated an st30 just right you could get the same picture on it as the gt30. Regarding moderate to heavy lighting in your room, this years vt50 has an advanced Louver filter that is really great and blocking out ambient light. ALMOST NO GLARE. When i compared it to the lg 7600 led, it suffered from more glare than this tv.

plasma has come a long way and will look better, lcd might be better tho burn in can still happen, cheaper brands are nothing to be scared of, Insignia and Vizvo or w/e are very good TVs and look just as good as LG's or samsungs really...

The 7000 is a big price (2011 d model, anyway) jump from the 6000 but def worth the money. The 8000 would be a waste of money and this years E model has almost no improvements :smh: when it comes to picture quality. The build of the 2011 model seems a little bit more quality to it.
The gt30 was great because of the thx certification but for the price, i would of have gone with the ST30 instead since they are both using the same panel. So on paper if you calibrated an st30 just right you could get the same picture on it as the gt30. Regarding moderate to heavy lighting in your room, this years vt50 has an advanced Louver filter that is really great and blocking out ambient light. ALMOST NO GLARE. When i compared it to the lg 7600 led, it suffered from more glare than this tv.

Yea, the VT50 is AMAZING. Kinda wish i waited, but I got my D7000 extremely cheap mainly because I manage a major electronic/appliance store. Was able to check the net and take it from there, Whats crazy is that we still have some 55" D7900 series' left, these arent fair trade, infact the net is so low I almost wanna buy one just cause' ....but ill chill.

Going back to the LG though, yea that 7600 has major glare, but did u see the 9600 series? It has that dual play feature with the purchase of the dual play glasses, no more need for split screen video games, We we're messing around with it, I was shocked.... pretty innovative, especially if you're a gamer.

Had to bump this thread, lots of good info..

Looking for a tv this weekend, budget is around $550. Had no idea plasmas were ok for gaming. Would I be able to find a nice plasma for my around $500 or should I just go with an LED? I've been looking on craigslist too, I'll get it used if I have to.

Looking for a tv this weekend, budget is around $550. Had no idea plasmas were ok for gaming. Would I be able to find a nice plasma for my around $500 or should I just go with an LED? I've been looking on craigslist too, I'll get it used if I have to.

At this price point I'd rather get a good LCD than a cheap LED. Size is also a factor... For this much I would get the 42CS570 by LG or a Samsung D630 LCD you could save up another 150 bucks and get a Samsung 51" 530 plasma or a Panasonic u50 50".

At this price point I'd rather get a good LCD than a cheap LED. Size is also a factor... For this much I would get the 42CS570 by LG or a Samsung D630 LCD you could save up another 150 bucks and get a Samsung 51" 530 plasma or a Panasonic u50 50".
Im looking at this Panasonic 42" TC-P42ST30 for $450 on craigslist....should I pull the trigger?

52" Samsung. Monitor broke and had to partially pay after complaining my butt off to Samsung. 4 years old.
40" in my room has lines on the right side. 4 years old.
24" pc monitor. Went blank after 1.5 years, luckily I bought it at Costco and ended up with an LED monitor for cheaper.

All LCD. Great picture, but won't last. Customer service is garbage. They have serious quality control issues.

Next TV, LG.

Last edited:
52" Samsung. Monitor broke and had to partially pay after complaining my butt off to Samsung. 4 years old.
40" in my room has lines on the right side. 4 years old.
24" pc monitor. Went blank after 1.5 years, luckily I bought it at Costco and ended up with an LED monitor for cheaper.
All LCD. Great picture, but won't last. Customer service is garbage. They have serious quality control issues.
Next TV, LG.
Too late already purchased LCD Samsung, last month. 

I got a 43 inch Samsung Plasma for 420$ for my college Apt. this year and so far I LOVE this thing :smokin we have a PS3 and a 360 hooked to it and it's been awesome so far....much better than my 19in Sylvania I had last yr :lol:

i would go with samsung because i own a 32' samsung hdtv that i have had for 5yrs using it heavily for gaming on both my xbox360 & ps3. ive yet to have any problems with it :smokin

Back
Top Bottom