Which Outkast album was better?

ATLiens gets my vote
pimp.gif
. Not one bad track on there.

aquemini was outkast reaching their pinnacle, for real. they blended the funky aesthetic from southernplayalistic and the lyrical element of atliens with theexperimental $*!! that they started messing with, but not too much like they did with speakerbox/love below. and andre mastered lyricism on this album.completely mastered it.

ima run with Aquemini as well. Art of Story Tellin is one of the greatest songs EVER made.

but seriously tho, choosing one over the other is like askin whether u prefer smashing or gettin top.....either way U WIN. lol

me PERSONALLY

I gots ta roll wit' Aquemini...

Skew it on the Bar B
Return of the Gangsta
Synthesizer
Slump (Baby gotta eat!
laugh.gif
)
Da Art of Storytellin' (1 + 2)
Rosa Parks
West Savanna
SpottieOttie
Liberation

I just can't get wit' ATLiens like that....
ohwell.gif

ATLiens is my personal favorite, but I don't think anyone can doubt that Aquemini is just musically superior to it.

both are phenomenal albums. atliens is an album that i could put up against any other rap/hiphop album and be like "what?!?". i kinda think thataquemini was/is on another level for ANY type of music. i could put that joint up against the beatles or earth wind and fire and it can compete musically,lyrically, and conceptually.

but that's just me.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

ATLiens to me

not too often you see people make 2 5 mic albums back to back

"I gotta hit the Source I need my other half a mic because that SouthernPlayalisticCadillacMuzik was a classic right???"

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Like someone already said, Aquemini has more great tracks, some really mind blowing music, so it gets the edge as the better album, but front to back, I thinkATLiens is a more consistent album, there's really no weak track on that album.

Back
Top Bottom