Which raptors look like the OG, the '09's or the '02's?

The og's had 2 different matierals that part was made of I remember I bought the og's whenthey came out and it was like black seude on that part Ispilt something on them a couple weeks later and exchanged them for a new pair and it was alittle lighter and closer to nubuck but the 09's look a littleto light

Who cares its just a nickname if you don't like it don't say it
happy.gif

roll.gif

This argument comes up every once in a while.

But in the end, it's just a nickname so that people can easily identify the sneakers.

Back to the topic.

Most of the OG VII's I have seen, colorwise, look more similiar to the 09's. Dark, than light. However as far as the shape goes, i'm not sure. Iprefer the color of the 09's though, right when I saw them thought to myself that they looked more like the OG's.

I'll take either pair though. Hopefully we can use the friends and family discount on these whenever the next one occurs.

they are called that because they have the colors and a player on the raptors wore them.

about the shoes: the 02s are closer to a good pair of OGs. the 09s are closer to an OGs when they are beat and well worn.

Originally Posted by ThaThaThaBay

Why are people so mad at the Raptor nickname
If we don't call it that, what do yall propose to call it?
One of yall said Black Red VII but he also said to not call it BRED VII.....
How about... PLAYOFF VII's?!

I'm so sick of this "Raptors" crap.

Originally Posted by yungc330ci

Even playoffs is unacceptable IMO.

Why? Is it because you don't like the term playoffs for any Jordan or just these?

I think if people insist on giving Jordans nicknames, the easiest name for shoes MJ wore in the playoffs is "Playoffs".

Originally Posted by ThaThaThaBay

Why are people so mad at the Raptor nickname
If we don't call it that, what do yall propose to call it?
One of yall said Black Red VII but he also said to not call it BRED VII.....
i don't really get it neither......people get hyped up mad when you call it a nickname....as long as people know what you're talking about....it's whatever....
ohwell.gif

Original Raptors?? Oxymorons FTL
smh.gif

Why do people continue to use that nickname?

Red and Violet is no longer the team color for the Toronto Raptors, it's been Black and Red for at least 3 seasonsnow.

The 02 'raptors' will be a retro of the OGs in 1992.
The pack coming up on 15th August is a mixture of the OG (or Bordeaux C/w) with the 'bred'.
I had 2 of these VIIs back then.
hope this helps.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! 02"s? really? i am an OG head til the end of time. i have 02's and i still KNOW that the 09's are closer to the OG's. maybe inquality are the 02's but as far as looks wise it's the 09's hands down.
smh.gif

how so? The color has nothing to do with it, Its so tiring to hear people say that OGs were made with that two-tone BS, the only VIIs like that are Hares andBordeauxs. The fading comes from the way they are stored/taken care of. I have a pair of 02 raptors that are faded to hell and might as well be the 09s if theywerent so beat. No camera atm, but heres a pic from the eBay seller

LMAO .... some of yall crack me up. In the end its just a shoe yall. With colors what can go with a Raptor Jersey.

Call them what you want to call them .... is it VII or 7 or SEVEN ???
Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Back to the topic.

Most of the OG VII's I have seen, colorwise, look more similiar to the 09's. Dark, than light. However as far as the shape goes, i'm not sure. I prefer the color of the 09's though, right when I saw them thought to myself that they looked more like the OG's.

I'll take either pair though. Hopefully we can use the friends and family discount on these whenever the next one occurs.

QFTFT ..... My thoughts exactly.

^^Was waiting for you to chime in.
I know someone has them already. Whoever you are, toss up some comparison pics!

^^^ ROLL CALL.

Yea , whoever you are we need to see OGs 2002s 2009s .... not that I care , but I know most of NT does.

my 02s have faded in the spots that are grey on the 09s and resemble OGs!!!! plus i have flat laces in mine, the red & purple triangles arent shinyanymore, so they resemble the flat paint, and i have a lace lock from some VIs and people think that i have OGs!

they're still fresh as far as the sole and no creasing....so im stayin with me 02s and think they look better than 09s

For those of you who answered my question, I really appreciate that you answered it to the best of your ability. To those of you who are whining andcomplaining about what to call them, I could care less. We have people on here, old and new sneakerheads alike, saying they could care less what you call them.What was the point of some of you guys complaining about not calling them Raptors? That wasn't even my question and it doesn't answer anything. As youguys can see, there are a bunch of people who agree and disagree as to whether or not the '02 black/true reds (raptors, breds...whatever) are more similarto the OG's than the new ones. If anyone has more pictures it would help a lot. Thanks a lot to those who gave a positive response rather than complaining!I appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom