Which raptors look like the OG, the '09's or the '02's?

OG' 92 playoff, black/dark charcoal/true red VII (pics courtesy of sneakerfiles.com)
air-jordan-7-og-black-red.jpg

RETRO '02 release, black/dark charcoal/true red VII

air-jordan-retro-7-raptor.jpg

OG '92 Black/Light Graphite-Bordeaux VII
(for those who don't know what this shoe looks like)
air-jordan-og-7-bordeaux.jpg

'09 DMP 60+ pack VII (pic courtesy of citysole.com)
air-jordan-7-60-pack-3.jpg

IMO, this '09 release is a cross between the bordeaux (with the 2 tone black areas) and the OG/retro'raptors'... id personally prefer if this '09 release was a more solid black/dark charcoal like the OG/retro

Originally Posted by 23SOLE

they are black and red Air Jordan VII NOT RAPTORS...AND IT AINT BRED EITHER!

im not sure... but the "raptor" nickk maybe stuck after the 1995 seasson when the toronto raptors were introduced to the nba as an expansion team.its only an educated guess, since these colors match up pretty well with the teams colorway ---

26a16b11323c12646661c4d5429aee05fc75c6b9.jpg
=
nike-air-jordan-60-plus-pack-toronto-raptors.jpg
??????

^^ and although the official first year of play was in 1995, the introduction of the team came in 1992/1993

DCS23, Those pictures answered my question until I saw the pictures on kicksonfire.com (go to the link on page 1). On sneakerfiles, the OG black/true red'slook more like the '02s. On kicksonfire.com the OG black/true red's look more like the new '09's. I always thought the '02's lookedmore like the OG's until I saw pics from kicksonfire.com

It's pretty clear now that the 09's are pre-greyed and pre-beat. No buy for me.

We are not living in 1992 are we? (For the people saying that the raptors wasn't a team yet) so in 1992 they called them something and now in 2009 everyoneI know call them raptors get over it lol. '02 looks closer to the original btw

Thanks a lot for the responses guys. It's pretty clear that 80% of the people who responded said that the '02's look more like the OG's. Thanksa lot!

Originally Posted by SteveSoFresh

We are not living in 1992 are we? (For the people saying that the raptors wasn't a team yet) so in 1992 they called them something and now in 2009 everyone I know call them raptors get over it lol. '02 looks closer to the original btw

Just an FYI, not saying we have to call them anything... but in 1992, we called them the '92 Playoff Jordans... we didn't refer to them by numbers yet,so we just referred to them by the year and when MJ wore them.

A picture is worth a thousand words. So too are nicknames despite be corny at times, it just makes it easier to describe something using a nickname. One wordor a couple and ta da you get the picture.

Great insight on this sneaker though.

Wow, I didn't know that the OG VII uppers faded from black...I thought it was originally two-toned and they messed up on the '02 pair making the uppersall black. You learn something new every day.

Originally Posted by homeboy d

Why do people call these raptors? The team didn't exist when these first released.
laugh.gif
What??? Look v v v F22-RAPTOR

AIR JORDAN VII RAPTOR
happy.gif

jamazing wrote:
DCS23, Those pictures answered my question until I saw the pictures on kicksonfire.com (go to the link on page 1). On sneakerfiles, the OG black/true red's look more like the '02s. On kicksonfire.com the OG black/true red's look more like the new '09's. I always thought the '02's looked more like the OG's until I saw pics from kicksonfire.com
okay so no problem for the pics but i still dont understand how people are not agreeing that the '02 are more like the original...i posted thebordeaux because my thinking is that people are getting things mixed up...i need to source a pic of Jordan wearing the OG pair so it might help clear thingsup...it is clear that the '09 has the 2 tone going on...the OG pair as i remember was more solid and overtime became 2 tone, but the degree colourdifference of the '09 coming out is too much for me to handle...i liken it to JB releasing the '09 SJ's with yellowed soles, everyone would not befeeling that...thats just my opinion though...

Originally Posted by DCS23

okay so no problem for the pics but i still dont understand how people are not agreeing that the '02 are more like the original...i posted the bordeaux because my thinking is that people are getting things mixed up...i need to source a pic of Jordan wearing the OG pair so it might help clear things up...it is clear that the '09 has the 2 tone going on...the OG pair as i remember was more solid and overtime became 2 tone, but the degree colour difference of the '09 coming out is too much for me to handle...i liken it to JB releasing the '09 SJ's with yellowed soles, everyone would not be feeling that...thats just my opinion though...

heres what im talking about of the OG, kinda hard to see in some pics, but you can see the 2 tone is not like what is coming in the '09 pack:

45429938.jpg

large_061709michaeljordan.jpg

<---- click for some good memories, well forthose of us who actually witnessed this back in the day! pause at 2:46-47 and take a look

laugh.gif
at y'all arguin at the name. IMO the 09's are closer to the OG's because is actually two-tone, unlike the '02's that are just black.

Why do people even care that other people are calling these Raptors? You automatically know what shoe they refering to when they are called Raptors so whatsthe big deal?..lol. The 02 raptors shape is similar to the OG's and the 09 raptors colorway is more similar to the og's. Imo, the 02's are best. Somany I got rid of mines recently.

clearly no one looked at my above post to clear things up...i dare someone to show me how the '09 version 2 tone is similar to the OG...put the damn'02 aside for now (IMO the '02 is closer in look to the OG)...how can you honestly say the '09 2 tone is similar to the OG? the OG version 2 tonewas subtle until later on after fading...the 2009's are basically a super duper aged 2 tone of what the OG was...im sure most of you arent old enough toremember what the shoes looked like in the actual games that Jordan used them in so i posted that link above for you guys...if JB wanted to 2 tone thevii's why not just give us the bordeaux's?

^^^People are just dumb, I guess. They look at a pic of old faded OG's and base their decision off of that. The 09's are halfway to becomingbordeaux's. Does anyone wanna sell me some 02's?

clearly no one looked at my above post to clear things up...i dare someone to show me how the '09 version 2 tone is similar to the OG...put the damn '02 aside for now (IMO the '02 is closer in look to the OG)...how can you honestly say the '09 2 tone is similar to the OG? the OG version 2 tone was subtle until later on after fading...the 2009's are basically a super duper aged 2 tone of what the OG was...im sure most of you arent old enough to remember what the shoes looked like in the actual games that Jordan used them in so i posted that link above for you guys...if JB wanted to 2 tone the vii's why not just give us the bordeaux's?
Thank you DCS23. I couldn't have said it better myself. For those of you who keep saying the '09s look more like the OG's...you reallyneed to look at the pictures on the first page and look at the pictures that DSC23 put up on this page. The pictures he JUST put up look MUCH more like the'02's than the 09's. There is no room for debate if you just look at it. You are not reading the previous posts. If some of you did, you wouldrealize that the '02's look more like the OG's than the '09's. Hence...80% of the people on this thread think the '02's look morelike the OG's. If you read all the posts it should clear everything up. You have a right to your own opinion but look at the previous posts if you want acorrect answer.

Originally Posted by jamazing

clearly no one looked at my above post to clear things up...i dare someone to show me how the '09 version 2 tone is similar to the OG...put the damn '02 aside for now (IMO the '02 is closer in look to the OG)...how can you honestly say the '09 2 tone is similar to the OG? the OG version 2 tone was subtle until later on after fading...the 2009's are basically a super duper aged 2 tone of what the OG was...im sure most of you arent old enough to remember what the shoes looked like in the actual games that Jordan used them in so i posted that link above for you guys...if JB wanted to 2 tone the vii's why not just give us the bordeaux's?
Thank you DCS23. I couldn't have said it better myself. For those of you who keep saying the '09s look more like the OG's...you really need to look at the pictures on the first page and look at the pictures that DSC23 put up on this page. The pictures he JUST put up look MUCH more like the '02's than the 09's. There is no room for debate if you just look at it. You are not reading the previous posts. If some of you did, you would realize that the '02's look more like the OG's than the '09's. Hence...80% of the people on this thread think the '02's look more like the OG's. If you read all the posts it should clear everything up. You have a right to your own opinion but look at the previous posts if you want a correct answer.

yeah just frustrating to me when its something so clear, so distinct and yet people want to debate it, for what??? there is no need when you look at the pics iput up the clear everything...at the end of the day though people will buy what they like and it is their money and that is no concern to me...i buy what ilike and heck i was thinking of getting the '09s just to dye those grey spots darker so id have a fresher, wearable pair of 'raptor vii's'...have a good day ya'll
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by super23freak

Originally Posted by homeboy d

Why do people call these raptors? The team didn't exist when these first released.
happy.gif

my take and i know some share this opinion...the OG vii jordan played with in '92 playoffs were at the time probably just known as the 'viiplayoffs' or whatever...the NBA announced the expansion into Canada with the Vancouver Grizzlies and Toronto Raptors between the '92-'93 season i believe...obviously if you know the Raptors like i do since i live in Toronto, heck if you know the NBA at all you should recognize thesimilarities in colours of the raps uniforms to the shoes...hence my idea that people just coined them the raptor vii...so yes, the raps were not officially inthe league until '95 when they played their first game, BUT they were established very close to the shoe jordan was rocking in the '92playoffs...thanks and take care...

Back
Top Bottom