White Cement IV Returning Spring/Summer 2025

I personally think that prices are going up on OG Colorway models. Then shortly after, prices will slowly go up on all retros over time in minimal increases. In short, Nike/Jordan Brand knows 100% that they're leaving cash on the table. Due to the resell market, especially when it comes to releases, such as the Black/Red, Royal, or Chicago 1,s. Or any OG Colorway of 3,s 4,s and 5,s and 6,s and 11,s.

They know that OG 1 Colorways in OG shape, that hasn't been released in the 85 shape since 1985, will definitely fly and sell out at $250.00 on release day. Because they know you'll ask yourself this one question. When will the Black/Red 1,s Royal 1,s or Chicago 1,s be released in the 1985 shape again? We all know that it wont be any time soon. Take into consideration, that these Colorways sell out in GR numbers. So them being somewhat under a GR Number, and somewhat limited in pairs under 500,000 pairs.

They're definitely going to sell out at $250.00. Lost & Found Chicago's were rumored to be over 500,000 pairs made, and im not 100% sure on that. But the demand was were definitely there for them to still sell out in this current market. So why wouldn't a more demand Colorway in a 85 OG cut, with less pairs available, not sell out?

Also, y'all would be surprised, that it's way more people buying from places, like StockX and Goat on release day or shortly after. I know so many people who go straight to them, simply because, they don't want to jump through any hoops, and deal with the stress of battling people for a pair of shoes. Yall make it seem like, it's only a couple of hundred people who buy on the resell market, when it's the majority nowadays. Especially when it comes to hard to get releases, such as certain OG Colorways and Collabs.

People on this board will argue me down about what im about to say, but it's 100% facts that the majority of Travis Scott Jordans, are bought on the resell market. If not, then youre seeing fakes. But the majority of us might strike lightning, once or twice, for every 5 to 6 Travis releases, and that's if you're super lucky. Because there's simply not enough pairs to go around, for everybody to buy at retail.

Of course we have people such as myself, who aren't paying $700-$2,000 for retro, simply because it's a collab. But i personally seen a few people that I know, over pay on the resell market for them. Because they want the shoe. Common sense will tell you, that if it's not that many pairs to go around, the majority of every pair that you see outside is either a resell pair or fake.

In short, Nike can still sell out at $230 to $270 on OG models, depending on tax after the price hike, especially if they keep the production numbers at 200,000 - 400,000. Because at those numbers, it keeps the release somewhat limited, while it's still a good number of pairs to go around. I don't see them releasing the Black/Red 1,s at over 500,000 pairs at $250.

Also, y'all would be surprised, that it's way more people buying from places, like StockX and Goat on release day or shortly after. I know so many people who go straight to them, simply because, they don't want to jump through any hoops, and deal with the stress of battling people for a pair of shoes. Yall make it seem like, it's only a couple of hundred people who buy on the resell market, when it's the majority nowadays. Especially when it comes to hard to get releases, such as certain OG Colorways and Collabs.

I understand your general point. But it's the majority? Doubtful, especially on GRs and non collabs.

I personally think that prices are going up on OG Colorway models. Then shortly after, prices will slowly go up on all retros over time in minimal increases. In short, Nike/Jordan Brand knows 100% that they're leaving cash on the table. Due to the resell market, especially when it comes to releases, such as the Black/Red, Royal, or Chicago 1,s. Or any OG Colorway of 3,s 4,s and 5,s and 6,s and 11,s.
Except OG cws are only a fraction of JB releases.

The VAST majority of GRs are not selling out at the current prices. Hell, they are going for below retail even before release:

IMG_3692.jpeg

IMG_3693.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom