White Collar Crimes

Ah yes the good old justice system. SMH.
JcS2H.png

SMH. I'm still SO upset about all the Mortgage Fraud/Loan Modification scams that went/are going down. They completely %++#*% the U.S. over.

SMH. I'm still SO upset about all the Mortgage Fraud/Loan Modification scams that went/are going down. They completely %++#*% the U.S. over.

Did you get this from HB lol just saw the same post? or was it the other way around
nerd.gif

Did you get this from HB lol just saw the same post? or was it the other way around
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Tony Montana

Smartest & slickest crimes in the book
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
, I Salute white collar crimes
So you salute the individuals ruining the lives of millions of people and the economy of the country that you reside in order for a few individuals to profit?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Tony Montana

Smartest & slickest crimes in the book
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
, I Salute white collar crimes
So you salute the individuals ruining the lives of millions of people and the economy of the country that you reside in order for a few individuals to profit?
grin.gif

i don't think its white collar/"black collar" crime per se

its the distinction between violent vs. non-violent crime.

but harm in either case is subjective.

I never really considered white collar crimes to be so bad as in they aren't directly threatening people's lives. But this puts it into perspective for me. Because when you compare these 2 cases, the CEO did more fiscal damage and it's essentially a robbery. So it comes down to armed robbery where you directly threaten peoples lives vs. indirect fiscal damage, and it appears that the justice system considers violence to be worse than fraud. BUT, he didn't even have a gun.

So I conclude that 15 years is way too long given the circumstances, and this is a direct violation of the constitutional right to protection against cruel and unusual punishment.

I never really considered white collar crimes to be so bad as in they aren't directly threatening people's lives. But this puts it into perspective for me. Because when you compare these 2 cases, the CEO did more fiscal damage and it's essentially a robbery. So it comes down to armed robbery where you directly threaten peoples lives vs. indirect fiscal damage, and it appears that the justice system considers violence to be worse than fraud. BUT, he didn't even have a gun.

So I conclude that 15 years is way too long given the circumstances, and this is a direct violation of the constitutional right to protection against cruel and unusual punishment.

Originally Posted by copped

That's a good way of viewing it. It really is hard to tell how much damage was done, but morally the homeless man case seems to be overly punished to me.

Originally Posted by copped

That's a good way of viewing it. It really is hard to tell how much damage was done, but morally the homeless man case seems to be overly punished to me.

"you know why rich kids dress like gangster rappers? they want an air of criminality about themselves. you want to dress like a real criminal, dress like your dad. dudes in suits have done far worse crimes than a gangster rapper could ever dream of. i guarantee you, a load of gangster rappers have never teamed up and stolen the mineral rights in a developing country. that's never happened. the album would be too long"

pimp.gif

"you know why rich kids dress like gangster rappers? they want an air of criminality about themselves. you want to dress like a real criminal, dress like your dad. dudes in suits have done far worse crimes than a gangster rapper could ever dream of. i guarantee you, a load of gangster rappers have never teamed up and stolen the mineral rights in a developing country. that's never happened. the album would be too long"

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom