White Patent Leather /JB Quality/ Price Hikes Unappreciation

White Patent on the Royal X's coming out, white patent on the white/navy/red V's, white patent on the Olympic VI++... Rising Sun XII's.. the price goes up all the while:

I have a pair of Team Flows from like 02 I still ball in them sometimes.. the white patent has not discolored one bit.

Then,

I have a pair of Rising Sun XII's that came out two years ago worn em like 10 times and I can't even wear em anymore because the white patent is tinted yellow.

What I don't understand is why they keep throwing white patent leather on all these sneakers when the white patent is such a garbage quality that it is going to yellow within a year or two?! Versus some team jordans that are ten years old and the patent hasn't yellowed one bit. My Columbia XI's and all white IX Lows took over 5 years of wear before I saw any kind of yellowing.. it's inevitable with white patent I understand that. So why use it at all?

You're not fooling me JB I know damn well that all this patent is not making up for the price inflation. We all know your product have gone to !%$% & early release "semifakes" sellers are competing with you. Those Royal X's were a must cop for me until they threw that patent on em.

Please stop with the gimmicks and just sell high performance, good quality basketball shoes again please. 

It's like the whole Jordan line is the new air force 1.

Rant/

Patent leather (irrespective of colour) is cheap to manufacture - that's why Nike/JB slaps it on almost all of their shoes now. Even the 'leather' they use sparingly is not genuine full grain leather - it's a synthetic leather (known as pleather) that feels like cardboard and as of late they've found ways to give it the 'tumbled' look too.

Removing 'Nike Air' and altering the shape is one thing - slapping pleather & ashy suede while stripping away the sockliner padding and replacing metallic components with plastic & plastic components with rubber is another. To further add insult to injury they do all the above while consistently raising the MSRP. 

The simple solution to this whole 'quality' dilemma is to just STOP buying these low quality, overpriced knockoffs.   

I feel ya bro. quality is garbage. have to be selective on what you buy. any thing with the white patent leather is an easy pass for me. and those Xs definitely are a pass especially at $160 plus tax.

2 words: profit margin. Prices up = quality down. Retros don't get the attention the signature lines get. Problem is, customers will keep buying regardless.

Please, somebody stop me if all this sounds familiar...

sick.gif
sick.gif

The best and loudest complaint is to stop buying point blank. There are endless threads here complaining about various JB releases and yet, we still buy (and multiples at that). Stop being sheep and do what any other consumer does when they become disgruntled with a company, stop buying.

Just face it damnet Nike/Jb is a wack a ss company nowdays , seriously ppl almost gettin a stroke when they release something thats "premium"

money talks...talk with your pocket boook if you dont like....i have no problem with the patent leather...and i normally keeps shoes 6 months befor ei dog em out anyways..
i play 2 to 3 hours daily...i run through shoes

Honestly I don't think "stop buying" will ever solve the problem because for every 1 of us who stops buying there are 15 more idiots that will buy multiple pairs(and will pay above retail). If anything I feel we need to pick up signs and boycott in front of Nike Stores because then we will be able to grab media and Nike's attention.

The biggest problem with Nike and Jordan using patent leather is that it isn't real patent leather anymore. Everything is a synthetic material now made to look like the real thing. Real patent leather is meant to look like a deep varnish because that is what it is. Most people don't know the old school way to keep it soft and pliable is to apply petroleum jelly to it. Also keeps discoloration from happening. Just saying.

Back
Top Bottom