Who do you cheer for in sports?

Home team (NYC/tri-state area). Knicks, Yankees, Rangers, Giants, Jets, Mets (aint been anything to cheer for in a while). Except for the Devils, Islanders, and Nets (when they were good just didn't like that team except JKidd and even now since they're in BK I'd like to see them be a good team but they'll always be 2nd to the Knicks).

As for this fight tonight, neither. Boxing has fell off so hard for me.

im a texas boy so it's all home teams...

San Antonio Spurs (born in San Antonio)
UT (dad went there)
Dallas Cowboys
Texas Rangers

Cubs, Bears, Bulls (despite living in MD for many years) and Wisla Krakow (moreso casual because fam is Polish and both sides have roots in Krakow)

casual Ravens/O's supporter because of a proximity to Baltimore.

I lived in the Chicago-area when I was young and spent a lot of time there growing up. My parents are from there and extended fam is there. The sports culture was imprinted on me. I'm trying to find a decent job in the area to move back.

Sig.
Hometown & Where i live at now.

Team USA anything, of course. My HS. 

If i have a favorite athlete on a random team then ill cheer for them rather than the actual team it self. Depends who they play for though.

I gotta root for my hometown teams Oklahoma, San diego and Chicago. Cali in general and I'm starting to pull for the Illini too. After that its the hometown players and underdogs.
pimp.gif

NHL - Oilers (by far my favorite team. its a big deal here)

MLB - Blue Jays (*%*% this division)

NBA - Raptors (
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
) and the Lakers

NFL - not sure, really. 49ers i guess (dad's favorite team)

NCAAF - Oregon Ducks

NCAAB - none, really. guess whoever is playing duke

Indiana Pacers, Colts, Ravens, LeBron, Kobe on the road, Florida State & Villanova basketball

My 619 teams Chargers, Padres, and Lakers from SoCal and family ties.

NCAAB for sure the Tar Heels lived in NC for a couple years as a kid and also went to the school for a short semester before I was kicked out SMH.

NHL is new to me but LA Kings cause of home town and more recently the Philly Flyers becuase Wayne Simmonds and Briere are absolute beasts and my favorite players.

NCAAF San Diego State because I went to school there and also UNC because I went there.

Check my sig 
And if anyone's wondering why I'm "randomly" a Mavs fan and not a Warriors fan; here's my story
laugh.gif

Cliffs:

- Born in San Jose, CA

- From my infant years to when I was 8, parents inadvertently introduced and influenced me to be a 49ers, Giants and Sharks fan b/c of all the clothes they bought for me and random team-themed house items and etc I saw around the house. 

- But for whatever reason,  they never got me any Warriors gear so I was never aware of them and thus never able to start rooting for them. 

- Mind you that they didn't pay attention to sports at all so this couldn't have been intentional on their part
laugh.gif

- I moved to Dallas-area of Texas at 9 years old and then started following Mavericks and NBA as I started following general sports in great detail. Started rooting for them while sticking to my Bay Area roots as a 49ers, Giants and Sharks fan. 

- Rest is history. 2010 and 2011 was pure sports heaven for me 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif

- 2012 NBA playoffs #FeelsBatman 
tired.gif

NBA: Kobe and the Los Angeles Lakers
NFL: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Boxing: Floyd Money Mayweather
UFC: Junior Dos Santos, Bones Jones, Anderson Silva, GSP, Jose Aldo
Golf: Tiger Woods

1. My favorite teams
2. Opponents of teams I hate
3. Whichever team would make the best story/news (ie: Clippers over Lakers)
4. If I have a player I like on that team
5. Whichever team is losing.

Philadelphia Eagles
Any MSU team

All MI teams (except for the Lions and any team from U of M)

Really don't root for anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom