Who do you respect in the NBA for their toughness? On the flip, who's soft?

Originally Posted by MBen32

Soft:
tmac.jpg

49435dd0e9ba7e002bf391b5edd67c2161f687c.gif

iverson, without a doubt. 11 years in the league and the guy has not slowed down one bit with his style of play. sometimes i take for granted that he is stillin the league because when he retires all of us will be robbed from his special talent.

on a side note, the 00-01 sixers team that went to the finals were tough as hell .. ai playing in his usual bust up self, eric snow with a fractured ankle.. ithink there was something wrong with mckie as well.

Monta Ellis..
Don't know as far as injury but watched him last night and he isn't big at all but he will challenge anyone on the court and try to body them upwithout hesitation

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

^ If you need 10 stitches on your shooting index finger, you're excused in my book.

I'm not saying he isn't excused, but I'm not putting him on my toughness list.

lol

anywho, i'll go with kobe & Iverson

sof t= corey spaghetti, wade, and ginobli

eek.gif
how could I forget Zo.....went out like a Warrior....walked off the court with a severe leg injury...shoot, if that had happened to D-Wade, EMT'swould have been called on the floor

How is Manu Ginobli soft? He hustles and takes charges, if your soft you dont take charges. There isnt anyone soft on the Spurs.

10 years ago that would be a regular foul.....
I think it was just a regular foul because they said Wade went for the ball...

ANyways this one is easy...

Iverson, Nash, Artest, Marion (dude bodied 7 footers every game with the suns, never complain or nothin, just doin his job)

Soft: Dirk (How you gunna be 7 feet and act like a #*+*#), Tim Thomas, VC

Side Note: Ginoboli flops, but dude aint soft AT ALL. he is an actor but you wont see him come out of a game or back down to anyone or any matchup.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

eek.gif
how could I forget Zo.....went out like a Warrior....walked off the court with a severe leg injury...shoot, if that had happened to D-Wade, EMT's would have been called on the floor
roll.gif
roll.gif

CLEAR!!

I used to like VC, but i don't know what happened to that man. He was the truth. Now he's just Quilted Northern. Now that he got a little cortizone inhim, I heard he was gettin back into his step. This n prolly get a stubbed toe, out for the rest of the season.

I don't like Manu's style of play, but I guess he's somewhat tough to fall down all those times and keep on tickin.

Kobe
Kenyon Martin (anyone that can come back from that kind of injury and still have an impact on the game gets a thumbs up from me).
Nate Robinson
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

how am i the only person to mention pierce? the man was stabbed 11 times like a couple weeks before the season started and played all 82 games. he's onlyhad one season where he played less then 73 games. and gets his teeth knocked out at least once a year.
laugh.gif
and no, im not mad.

Antonio is tough
Kobe is tough (same shoulder injury as Wade in 03 playoffs)
AI
Aaron Mckie broke his foot in the finals and finished the series out.
Monta Ellis is mentally strong He had an injury that would have had him out 3-4 months had he went to Miss State. People calling him a bust in the makingbecause he tested so poor athleticly. Comes out and is a great young player.
Wade aint that weak. I see it like this. Thats something thats going to affect the rest of his career. There was lignment damage so its not a pansy move

i still wont call lebron soft. yeah it was pretty weak for him to miss those games w/ a sprained finger, but i just cant call him soft.

Pound for Pound, Allen Iverson. I remember watching him in his MVP year in 01 and the pounding he takes. Just remember how many times Shaq hit him in theFinals. I thought he'd slow down by his tenth year but here he is still putting up 25-30 a game.

nash tough? i guess it depends on what your definition of tough is. anyways, my first picks are AI and Alonzo for tough. monta comin up because he's toughon the court. kobe is up there too. i'd pick vc, tmac, and probably wade.

I don't see how people say Vince is soft. He has been playing on a bad ankle all season when he could have easily been "soft" & sat out. Plus, talks about him having surgery possibly in the offseason because its bad, yet he is still playing since the team needs him. How is that soft?
indifferent.gif
ok guy.

injury or no injury, seems like every time wades name comes up its a laker fan hating...grow up....we'll soon see how tough ur boy is with a pinky injury

Originally Posted by prospect904

Monta Ellis..
Don't know as far as injury but watched him last night and he isn't big at all but he will challenge anyone on the court and try to body them up without hesitation

Yea I hope he stays that way. He can easily pull a Wade and start flopping and swinging around and falling more to sell his fouls. I think he should bealright.

Back
Top Bottom