Who else can't wait for USA Basketball?

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

^ amare had problems in the FIBA tournament last time...
smh.gif

but expectations are gonna be sky high for this team...

I still
eek.gif
at Kobe's defense during that tournament... when he shut down Barbosa...
pimp.gif

Purely flawless. I need like a DVD of all the games though. Bill Walton's commentary? Some of the funniest moments in broadcasting. If he does, theOlympics are gonna be terrific.

Hopefully the player on the team from lakers goes ahead and gets that surgery on his hand because i refuse to cheer for this team if hes playing for us

^^^
smh.gif

Anyhow...

pr3_627_070829.jpg

melothrowdown_625_070830.jpg

pr1_627_070829.jpg

76485064.jpg

6.jpg

2033284.jpg

2007-9-6-kidd

nba_g_trophy_275.jpg

1188880124.jpg

And you know these three youngin's are gonna be looking to avenge their pine-riding stint on the 2004 Bronze Squad...
71772733_10.jpg

Originally Posted by Classy Lawrence

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

^ amare had problems in the FIBA tournament last time...
smh.gif

but expectations are gonna be sky high for this team...

I still
eek.gif
at Kobe's defense during that tournament... when he shut down Barbosa...
pimp.gif

Purely flawless. I need like a DVD of all the games though. Bill Walton's commentary? Some of the funniest moments in broadcasting. If he does, the Olympics are gonna be terrific.

�What about when he got crossed by my man Romel and dude hit the 3 and got the foul????
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

But Kobe was damn sure strapping up on D for the eintire tournament....Was a beautiful thing to see.

Bosh, Redd, and Mike Miller looked good at some times, lost at other times, and kind of pitiful a few times.
laugh.gif

Kobe, LeBron, Melo, Dwight, Kidd, Bosh, Redd, Miller... that's 8; who else am I forgetting? I've only named 1 true PG.

Can't think of the ones I'm omitting, but... I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THE GOLD BACK!!! You
You forgot Chris Paul and Chauncey Billups, sometimes i forget to with all these all stars on the team too
laugh.gif

But yea cahuncey is perfect to back up Kidd and Chris Paul will be in the mix even more then last year. Think about how much better Paul got better from lastsummer tell now. He might be MVP. He will definatly make a bigg impact. Maybe play before chauncey.

Theres so many options and diffrent lineups to be creative with, this will be fun to watch.
I can get used to
Alleyoops
Off the back board alley oops
Behind the back passes
130+ points a game
winning by 50
an offense that consists of dunks and 3's
etc.

and o yea a Gold Medal
pimp.gif

Man if we do not win Gold.. I will not watch NBA basketball for a year!!!

Okay I'm lying, but that's how I feel about this years team.. Just having Kobe on that team.. And the way Amare is playing right now.. I think Shaqshould be on the bench cheering him on haha.. I'm not so sure if Wade will be ready.. Anybody know his status for the Olympics.. And is Chris Paul going torejoin the team...

PLEASE JUST STOP THE 3 POINT SHOTS!!!

I wonder how the time converts to things this year. I mean I dont want to be watching games at 7 in the morning again. lol

melothrowdown_625_070830.jpg

I literally jumped out of my seat when this play happened.

I'm wondering how the lineup will shake up to be. Does Paul start ahead of Kidd? I'd guess Coach K will change the starting 5 according to thematchups, but I would guess that he starts Carmelo at the 4 except for games against the likes of Spain.

PG - Kidd/Paul/Billups
SG - Kobe/Wade
SF - LeBron/Carmelo/Tayshaun?
PF - Amare/Boozer?
C - Dwight/Tyson

I can't wait for this summer. USA basketball is one of the few times I turn into a raging patriot.
happy.gif

I can't wait to see how our bigs do against Pau and Spain. I think they'll give us the toughest competition, unless Amare keeps up the D into thesummer.
Also, the players will have played a full year of basketball with the WC players going to be near dead by playoffs end.

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa

Can't wait to see 'Melo dominate. They need to cut Wade for a shooter.

I could see the team being like this, with Wade still on it if they have 12 guys...

Kidd/Paul

Kobe/Wade/Redd

Melo/Miller

LeBron (since they play him at the PF alot, but he still gets time at SF, but still, his own category FTW)

Amare/Boozer (he still on the team right?)

D12/Chandler

Domination....

This is going to be the most entertaining basketball since the Jordan days.
Gold medal
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Let's get itttttttt.

Maybe the lineups would be like this

PG- Kidd/Paul/Deron
SG- Kobe/Wade/JJ
SF- Lebron/Miller
PF- Melo/Stat/Booz
C- D12

I want JJ out there because he can play the sg/sf position and he's a great spot up shooter (ala PHX days), and he has great chemistry with guys like bron,melo, wade, and cp3....and we'll get to see some Jordans in olympic colors...maybe XXIII's
pimp.gif

I'm looking forward to it, hopefully we bring the prestige and dominance back to USA Basketball.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

JapanAir21:
Spain could be tricky.
nerd.gif
If by 'could be tricky', you mean 'could lose by 15 instead of the standard 30 everyone else will lose by', then... yes, Spain 'could be tricky'.
laugh.gif

I'm serious, man; we are going to cruise, and have a blast doing it. Argentina, Spain, and Italy will have good stretches, but then you'll forget that you haven't looked at the score in a while, and then you'll look down and see that all they did was cut it from 'down 24' to 'down 14'.

LeBron, Kobe, and Paul are MVP candidates... and teammates.
roll.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Every year since '92, we have beat our opponents by less and less and less. In '92, we won by an average of 51 points (this is all from memory, so pardon me if it's wrong, but it won't be wrong by much).
Then in '96, we won by an average of 48.
Then in '00 we won by an average of 42.
Then in '04, the games we lost was by an average of like 6 points.
And in '08, we return to dominance, getting that number back UP instead of spiraling down to the disappointing bronze in '04.

pimp.gif

Excited much?
laugh.gif

Yea it will be good. Way better then watching NBA.

^ Heck yeah!
laugh.gif

Someone said earlier in the thread (and now I can't find it) that the Olympics is the only time they become an enthusiastic patriot, and that samesentiment holds true with me.

I am NOT this huge uber-Patriot, on some 'This country is better than ALL!!' level, but y'all know I'm passionate about my teams. And duringinternational competition, Team USA is my team.
smile.gif

I would never tell someone 'Well if you don't like it, then get out!' And I'm ashamed of so many things that we have 'accomplished'over the years, but... during international competition, Team USA is my team.
smile.gif

Heck yeah, I'm excited.

Can't wait to see our girls out there destroying other squads as well.
smokin.gif

Can't wait to see what Phelps does in the pool, either.

Can't wait to see what our soccer girls do out on the field (err... 'pitch'
nerd.gif
).

And I'll be watching our guys out there... hoping for the best.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Too bad golf isn't considered an Olympic sport, we'd have that on lock too.
pimp.gif

Imagine how many gold's Tiger would get,
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by feathertouch29

They have no excuses now.

Meh.. If you ask me, they didn't have any excuses since the first time they didn't win in the 02 world championships. After that, they knew that theycould lose, but they still lost two times more.. Hell, maybe even before the 02 championships, they knew that it was serious after Lithuania had a chance toknock them out of the 2000 olympics with a 3 at the buzzer, that they missed, fortunately for team USA.

Also, the world championships in basketball should count more than olympics. A tournament that is exclusively about basketball > a tournament wherebasketball is just one of dozens of different sports. Fiba should try to create as much hype as possible around the basketball world championships. It'snot going to be as big as the soccer world cup, but it could definitely be bigger than the olympics basketball tournament.

^ I agree with you and I disagree with you. I'm positive that most soccer players would rather win 2 World Cups than two Olympic Golds in soccer, butthat's partially because of the rich history the World Cup has behind it.

The World Championships in basketball don't have the history and worldwide respect that the World Cup has. Heck, there has only been on World BaseballClassic (I think that's what it was called), and that seemed to have gathered my worldwide interest than the World Championships in basketball.

For some sports, the Olympics is simply the peak; soccer is not one of those sports, as a World Cup is preferred (that is just speculation, because I'm notvery knowledgeable in soccer).
JapanAir21:
Too bad golf isn't considered an Olympic sport, we'd have that on lock too.
pimp.gif

Imagine how many gold's Tiger would get,
laugh.gif

For real.
laugh.gif

I've always wished that golf and football were in the Olympics. Way too much steroids in our NFLers, though... and probably in our NCAAers as well.
embarassed.gif
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom