Who Else HATES Playing Basketball Outdoors?

^ you ever go hoop at Iroquois or Lees Lane?

it's always easier to get a run at the park or whatever...but i got a group of 12-14 of my guys who rent a gym at least once a week to ball.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
I don't see why everyone jumped at dude for saying he doesn't like playing outdoors.

Doesn't mean he has no game. Just an opinion.

The only reason I don't like it is when I have new shoes I want to test out, and I don't want to kill the traction.

I love playing outdoor ball mainly because of the better traction that concrete allows.
Run faster, cut quicker, no fear of slipping, etc.

Nah forget that, I love playing outdoors.

Dealing with the conditions, the dead heat in summer, the cold in winter, the wind, it's just a different feeling. Don't get me wrong, I love playingin a real gym, but I love playing outside in the fresh air, on the blacktop, and having to deal with the ridiculously annoying double rims.

Outdoor basketball is appreciated.

I hate playing outdoors too. I can't stand the running up and down the court on concrete, and the wind blowing when you shoot sometimes. However, sometimesyou'll get the best run playing outside.

Nah man I played outdoors basically all summer with my buddies. Nothin like playin a pickup game in the evening at sunset when its perfect temperature
pimp.gif

And yea shootin/dunking on all those double rims outdoors makes you BEAST. Everything is just so much easier when you play inside again, except for them dustygym floors
mad.gif

I dont mind playing outdoors. but prefer indoor. There is nothing like playing outside with the lads in the summer though, playing till its to dark to see theball..

I cant wear your best bball shoes on the outdoor courts, and often outdoor courts are in bad condition (no nets, bend hoops, brocken backboards etc.)

i live in south florida, and playing outdoors is strictly forbidden unless it's winter time or night time in the summer, even then i might not go. it'stoo damn humid and hot, period -- not to mention the thugs play outside and pretty much come to argue or start a scuffle rather than play ball. maybe if i wereup north where humidity isn't a factor, then i'd paly outside more often. but right now, strictly indoors.

plus for some reason, my feet get exhausted quicker outside.

Originally Posted by carlosdapaperboy

I hate it
mad.gif
. It seems like every outdoor court got those hoops with the double rims
sick.gif
. Half your shots just rattle out when they would go in on any indoor hoop. Then there's the wind. Sometimes when u go to shoot the wind just goaltends your shot and u end up airballing it. Basketball should only be played indoors real talk.

You sound real bad, B.

minus a crooked rim and bad pavement and terrible weather, outdoor aint bad IMO, i learned playing outdoor but recently i've been playing indoor only

i love to play outside/outdoors. it's nothing like indoor ball at calfit. you don't get the weak calls from horrible players. people just ball

Wildkycat- im mostly in the west-end when i play, usually at the portland rec, but a guy i know rents a church out on 7th street on thursday nights....weusually play there too. Im in a league out at hoops and a league at st.rose as well.

All i play is outdoors, nothing like it. But it does wear and tear your knees up on that cement.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

I hate playing basketball period
I hate hockey period.

But I can play indoor or outdoor. Nothing like a good pick-up game outdoors in the summer.

There's a reason why they say heaven is a playground, good lord I'm only 21 and I feel like this generation after me is SOFT, either that or I'm anexception in my age group because right around early april I start countin down the days to when it gets to that perfect west coast summer weather.

There is nothing, I repeat, NOTHING more gratifying in life than hitting the court at 7:00 - 7:30 right when the sun is setting, running for 3-4 hours withintense competition and allowing that cool breeze to make you feel just as energized during the last game as the during the first.

I played organized, indoor basketball from 2nd grade through senior year HS, but when I'm old and looking back at my "playing" days, I'd sayaround 2/3 of my most memorable moments on the court will have been outdoors.

This is my spot, aka "The Bridge". This is about as hood as Eugene, OR gets, which isn't very hood at all, you'll just find bums smoking weedor a bunch of mexicans from the apartments across the way trying to start a soccer game. I did see Salim Stoudamire's possibly(probably) homeless cousinhanging out here a couple months ago sluggin away on a big bottle of Mickey's . .

332e5ebc-6c86-4c44-842d-99768ec183e0.jpg

9ecc3e19-57e0-4e87-a629-142c405318a9.jpg

afc69126-5e21-474a-8e4e-1f693d010c6e.jpg

Playing outdoors was the only option I had until 8th grade when I finally decided to try out for the basketball team. Its appreciated by me. This post hasinspired me to hoop outside tomorrow after the sun goes down.
laugh.gif

playing outdoors really brings out the soft players imo, there seems to be more fouls, but less calls when outside.....90s NBA style, hardbody aninja......unless you soft and always cryin n stuff, being outside makes you develop a better game because you have to go in the paint if you want to score,that wind can throw of the shot. You can only depend on that backboard.

Appreciated, i love the sound of the ball on the blacktop though, dont know why.

Outdoors is cool. The only problem I have is I cant hustle and dive like indoor courts because of the scrapes and stuff I get from doing that.

I love playing outdoors, but once October hits i'm done until until late april. What sucks even more is that there is no gym in the town i live in otherthan the HS gym.

small towns in the middle of nowhere FTL
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom