who has a job where they can wake up anytime they want?

Software engineer. I generally get to set my own hours and can pretty easily work from home.

Self employed house painter here. I can stroll in whenever I feel like if I land my own jobs and trust the workers I hire. However, I actually enjoy getting up early and getting to the job site before everyone else.

The latest I’ve gone to work is 12:30 and that was just to check on the progress and bring my workers some free lunch. Bounced about an hour later.

I work for myself ( hardwood floor contractor) i work my own hours & take off when i want ..works most of the time but come across some clients who are pressed for deadlines( real estate brokers) so i cant be selective with timing there.

Getting ready (shower/teeth/shave/dress). Commute to and from. Prepping/cooking meals. Working out.

After all that, not much leisure time.

Rat race :smh:

commuting is time out of your day committed to work that u are not getting paid for. Thankfully I only work half hr from my house so it's not bad. I feel like most people dont consider that

That commute time is the secret killer that most ppl dont factor into their salary/work hours ...Jobs out chea paying for 40 hours a week when you really working 55 :smh:

You deny our time off at my job we’re calling in sick instead. :lol:

They don’t get denied though unless you do it like the week before. That’s what sick days are for...

We’re still blessed here in the States. Asia won’t let you call out sick for ****. PTO? Forget about it.

Yeah but just because they are bad doesn’t mean we should feel lucky.

All these huge corporations here could give two ****s about you and should be taking way better care of their employees.

Look at the work culture in Scandinavian countries or even Spain.

People gotta stand up for themselves more and make these companies realize the ball is in the employees court.

Even better:

:smh:

You don’t have to tell your personal businesses when you give a PTO. I know I don’t and if they ask I gonna him then with the....
upload_2019-4-10_14-33-54.gif

That commute time is the secret killer that most ppl dont factor into their salary/work hours ...Jobs out chea paying for 40 hours a week when you really working 55 :smh:

I have a client who commutes 2.5 hours each way into the city and he doesn’t even make that much IMO to warrant that as i saw his W2 when we prepped the firm’s tax returns. It blew my mind. That’s basically 13*5 so what 65 hours for low 100k? Oh hell nah, and before anyone comments that it’s a lot of money, for the position he holds in the industry they function in it is below avg pay grade so it’s really not.

I have flex time at my job. I can go in anytime from 7am to 9am. I love it. I can take my son to school and still get to work with enough time to pick him up and I don't miss too much of my day with him. the wife has a set schedule so it helps out the family, a lot.

I hear a lot of you talking about rat race and you don't have time to do anything. remember, you all have one life to live. don't live it for the wrong reasons, gentlemen. work to live, don't live to work. there is a fine line between preparing for your future and making sure you live in the present. granted, you want to be prepared for the future but don't forget to experience TODAY. we are not promised tomorrow.

Ubereats. If you put the time in you can get about 900/week. If you can drive later in the evening you typically can make more.

I was talking to my nephew about this. He's in college and does it on the weekends for extra cash.

He lives in a major city and said UberEats is big trash because they essentially discourage tipping with how they show the user the fee schedule or something to that effect.

Like there's obviously the fee the customer pays for the food, then there's a delivery charge and then there's something on top of that. After the customer looks at that and gets to the space to fill in a tip most people are like "TIP FOR WHAT? YOU JUST CHARGED ME FOR 3 DIFFERENT THINGS!"

He said he makes double on grubhub what he could on UberEats because people actually tip on there BUT, after fuel and maintenance it comes out to slightly below minimum wage on both services.

After he told me how it works I deleted the Uber Ride app from my phone.

And I don't trust food delivery... what's to keep someone from grabbing some of my fries?

Back
Top Bottom