Who has an awkward dinner to go to tonight?

Originally Posted by lostsoulswander

awkward silence 
tired.gif

i mean i hate to say it, but a lil buzz can turn awkward visits into somewhat enjoyable, maybe even hilarious lol

Just got back from one... first year without my mom and grandmother who usually gets everyone together.... So in order for my dad to get his mind off of things/leave the house, we went to my brothers girlfriend's house with her family. So it was extra awkward.

Just got back from one... first year without my mom and grandmother who usually gets everyone together.... So in order for my dad to get his mind off of things/leave the house, we went to my brothers girlfriend's house with her family. So it was extra awkward.

Originally Posted by ngbetter11

i hate thanksgiving for this reason... hella family that i dont ever see the whole year comes over... all of them are successful, and all my cousins go to UC berkeley or some crazy good school.. and here i am.. still in community college, still havent graduated... not doing much... ugh.. hate all the questions i get from family members.. like leave me alone!

i can feel the pain in this post

Originally Posted by ngbetter11

i hate thanksgiving for this reason... hella family that i dont ever see the whole year comes over... all of them are successful, and all my cousins go to UC berkeley or some crazy good school.. and here i am.. still in community college, still havent graduated... not doing much... ugh.. hate all the questions i get from family members.. like leave me alone!

i can feel the pain in this post

not so much awkward for me, more like "i'd rather take a kick in the nuts than have to be around the sister-in-law" situation. biotch cant cook for shiet and she is the dumbest person ive ever met in my entire life. i tell my wife all the time if she was a dude, i would have already beat her !%* for just being dumb.

not so much awkward for me, more like "i'd rather take a kick in the nuts than have to be around the sister-in-law" situation. biotch cant cook for shiet and she is the dumbest person ive ever met in my entire life. i tell my wife all the time if she was a dude, i would have already beat her !%* for just being dumb.

Most of my extended family is in the Chi but this year my mom decided to host for some people at her church. I had no idea who anyone was, most of them only spoke Korean and it was just plain old weird. After dinner I just ran upstairs to my room and haven't left since.

Most of my extended family is in the Chi but this year my mom decided to host for some people at her church. I had no idea who anyone was, most of them only spoke Korean and it was just plain old weird. After dinner I just ran upstairs to my room and haven't left since.

I had somewhat of an awkward dinner. My brother-in-law invited a co-worker whose from Guatemala. The guy came to the US with a student visa, trying to live the American dream, and the poor guy's family is still in Guatemala because he can't afford having them here. So my brother-in-law from the kindness of his heart invited him to our Thanksgiving dinner since he was spending his holiday alone.
pimp.gif
 But mind you, my family is Korean and the guy has a heavy spanish accent, so whenever he said something that was supposedly funny went over my family's head.
roll.gif
 Leaving me and my bro-in-law to laugh out the awkwardness. Even though I can't bear awkward get-togethers, I found this situation very sentimental and sweet
embarassed.gif
! Well done in creating this post OP and I hope all of my NT Fam had a great Thanksgiving.
pimp.gif

I had somewhat of an awkward dinner. My brother-in-law invited a co-worker whose from Guatemala. The guy came to the US with a student visa, trying to live the American dream, and the poor guy's family is still in Guatemala because he can't afford having them here. So my brother-in-law from the kindness of his heart invited him to our Thanksgiving dinner since he was spending his holiday alone.
pimp.gif
 But mind you, my family is Korean and the guy has a heavy spanish accent, so whenever he said something that was supposedly funny went over my family's head.
roll.gif
 Leaving me and my bro-in-law to laugh out the awkwardness. Even though I can't bear awkward get-togethers, I found this situation very sentimental and sweet
embarassed.gif
! Well done in creating this post OP and I hope all of my NT Fam had a great Thanksgiving.
pimp.gif

My family has been having problems, this thanksgiving wasn't like the past years. This year it was just me and my Dad eating dinner together. Instead of the usual Dad, Mom, Two Sisters, and brother. FTL.

My family has been having problems, this thanksgiving wasn't like the past years. This year it was just me and my Dad eating dinner together. Instead of the usual Dad, Mom, Two Sisters, and brother. FTL.

Back
Top Bottom