Who has surprised or impressed you more? Durant or Rose?

These two at the age of 22 are killing the game. Who would of thought Durant would be a scoring machine by his 2nd season? Back to back scoring champ. Next, Rose would be the MVP at 22 and lead his team to the best record in the NBA as well as 3 straight playoff appearances.  These two are All Stars and hell of a players. Who do you think it is?

These two at the age of 22 are killing the game. Who would of thought Durant would be a scoring machine by his 2nd season? Back to back scoring champ. Next, Rose would be the MVP at 22 and lead his team to the best record in the NBA as well as 3 straight playoff appearances.  These two are All Stars and hell of a players. Who do you think it is?

let me think.

the guy that won mvp and led his team to the best record in the nba.

let me think.

the guy that won mvp and led his team to the best record in the nba.

Originally Posted by amilli1210

Who would of thought Durant would be a scoring machine by his 2nd season?
Ummmmm...anyone who watched him in college and his rookie season?

I'm impressed more by Rose considering how much he has to do for his team offensively and he's just a third-year PG. That's toughest position in the NBA and he made The Leap earlier than anyone thought, which is the only surprising thing about him.

I'm impressed more by Rose considering how much he has to do for his team offensively and he's just a third-year PG. That's toughest position in the NBA and he made The Leap earlier than anyone thought, which is the only surprising thing about him.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

laugh.gif

Rose has impressed/surprised me way more.

If you seen Durant in college you KNEW he'd be doing this so it isn't really a surprise, still impressed tho.

Rose has impressed/surprised me way more.

If you seen Durant in college you KNEW he'd be doing this so it isn't really a surprise, still impressed tho.

everyone knew Durant was a special scorer....no one thought Rose would be THIS GOOD, THIS SOON....a few years down the line yes, but no one saw this one coming

everyone knew Durant was a special scorer....no one thought Rose would be THIS GOOD, THIS SOON....a few years down the line yes, but no one saw this one coming

^ I did. I'm the opposite of everyone.

I would have bet my life on Rose becoming a superstar.

had big doubts about KD. proving me wrong.

^ I did. I'm the opposite of everyone.

I would have bet my life on Rose becoming a superstar.

had big doubts about KD. proving me wrong.

I disagree. I remember EVERYONE was saying you have to go Oden first, then there was the "can't bench press 185 one time" thing, as if that's even relevant, and people further dismissed him. His rookie season, he basically was a much taller Iverson, just put up numbers albeit on a bad fg% (39 IIRC) and without a lot of wins to show for it.

People kept harping on his apparent lack of strength but last season, he lead the league in getting to the ft line and was amongst the league leader in "And 1s" which IMO is a function of basketball strength and more important than weight room strength.

Rose, not going to lie I never saw him hoop in high school but I watched hip hoopmixtape/ballislife blog videos and thought he was going to be the next Jordan. They make everybody look great, but he came through obviously.

I'm still concerned about the fg% though with Rose. On Durant, I just need more consistency defensively. He is not even a bad defender, more just lazy. As always, people can use the "we need his energy on offense," excuse and there's something to that but still I think if he wanted to he could be a lock down defender on the wing positions.

I disagree. I remember EVERYONE was saying you have to go Oden first, then there was the "can't bench press 185 one time" thing, as if that's even relevant, and people further dismissed him. His rookie season, he basically was a much taller Iverson, just put up numbers albeit on a bad fg% (39 IIRC) and without a lot of wins to show for it.

People kept harping on his apparent lack of strength but last season, he lead the league in getting to the ft line and was amongst the league leader in "And 1s" which IMO is a function of basketball strength and more important than weight room strength.

Rose, not going to lie I never saw him hoop in high school but I watched hip hoopmixtape/ballislife blog videos and thought he was going to be the next Jordan. They make everybody look great, but he came through obviously.

I'm still concerned about the fg% though with Rose. On Durant, I just need more consistency defensively. He is not even a bad defender, more just lazy. As always, people can use the "we need his energy on offense," excuse and there's something to that but still I think if he wanted to he could be a lock down defender on the wing positions.

Rose had more question marks then KD. The only real knack on Durant was his strength. Didnt even matter, to tall and long.

Although, Rose had a lot of competition in being the best PG and succeeded at being elite for his position. But Durant is starting to be looked at the best in the world. People were and still are talking about him being better than Lebron. So now that I re think about it, at the age of 22, already looked at as being the best of the best. Durant actually surprises me more. I knew he would be real good like everyone else. But not this good this quick.

Rose had more question marks then KD. The only real knack on Durant was his strength. Didnt even matter, to tall and long.

Although, Rose had a lot of competition in being the best PG and succeeded at being elite for his position. But Durant is starting to be looked at the best in the world. People were and still are talking about him being better than Lebron. So now that I re think about it, at the age of 22, already looked at as being the best of the best. Durant actually surprises me more. I knew he would be real good like everyone else. But not this good this quick.

Kev impresses me more. He has one of those automatic strokes. Plus I feel he has a lot more room to grow offensively and defensively. Given what I saw from him in his 1st year in Seattle he's become really dominant.

Rose at this point seems to be all he is gonna be and probably won't be more efficient consistently or a better defender. He did surprise with even being a MVP candidate though (ignoring that the media gave him the award since mid season).

Back
Top Bottom