Who Here Has A "Good" Job With No College Degree VOL. 40K+

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by uny

managers make 60k? Hard to believe.

60k in NYC is like makin 40k though
60K is light... managers in FTl make decent money for what we do, dont sleep..  how else they gonna keep them for 10+ years?
oh yeah, BTW 60K in NYC aint nothing.... you could blow that on trees and foams if your not careful.. 
laugh.gif

thankfully, im at a mid level volume location in NYC and i have a WIFE, so two incomes are sho' nuff better than one, ya dig?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by k3stacks

crystal silicon grower, semi conductor grower, something to do with microchips...
sorry if you already said but how much you make?

60k a year and work about 6month out of the year

shhheeeeeeiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt where do i sign up? srs. Any qualifications for such work?

I live in Cali

Originally Posted by Retro707

Originally Posted by Weekz

I'm young, still in HS but from what I understand 40K isn't doing it. My sister who is now 30 is telling me that to even to be on track to doing it you got to be in the 70-90K range.

Depends on your lifestyle and what you consider "doing it".  I work enough to be 100% happy with myself.  I manage my expenses to where I don't overdo myself by exceeding more debt than freedom.  I do well enough to cop my crib, have the whip I want and still pursue my hobby of kicks.  I'am happy with that.  I don't need a lambo aventador and gold grillz with bart simpson chain hanging to be "doing it".  I keep it one hunnid regardless and I have no complaints.  Depends where you live too brawseph.  Dat Napa Valley living is Da Bessss for what I like.

-UNDFT-
im around ur area fam.... what do i need to know to get a job there? pm me pls

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

The Natural Mystic wrote:

Ruxxx wrote:

dadecounty11 wrote:

I work in DC as a Comsec Manager, but I live in Maryland.

I make $83,000 a year, which goes up about $2500 every year.

It's about $39 an hour.

I have like 20 college credits, but I did spend 11 years in the army.

In DC huh?...
nerd.gif
... what exactly goes on at your gig?

Yes, yes please do go on.

LOL....

well first off I have a Top Secret security clearance that I got when I was in the army.  (I had to take a polygraph and all)  That is pretty much the main reason I get paid what I do.  So no drugs, no trouble with the law (DUIs), and no financial problems (like bills going to collection agencies).  All those can get my clearance suspended, and I lose my job.  I can't really get into too much detail...but you can google "Comsec Manager", and it will pretty much sum up the job.  I do some IT stuff too though, and work as sort of a "helpdesk" for technical equipment.  You can't just get into the field, there were a number of things that lined up for me that allowed me to get this job.  It's pretty easy though.

Hell, I make $83K, my supervisor, who is the actual Manager (and does less work) makes $101K.  PLUS she is retired from the army, so she gets that check for the rest of her life.  PLUS she has disability from the army too, so she gets that check for the rest of her life also.  SHE is making bank.

Interesting.
I handled COMSEC while I was in the Army (managing the COMSEC vault, signing in/out, loading crypto, transporting, etc). Never occurred to me to try to get a job dealing with it after I got out. I think I still have my courier card around somewhere lol.

All the opportunities are out in the west I see.. I can barely get a job in fl smh..

crystal silicon grower, semi conductor grower, something to do with microchips...
Hmmm you work in Vancouver then?  You know if your company is currently hiring right now?  I am definitely looking to get something better paying and just going to school part time this year, possibly even a whole new direction with what I want to do.

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

If you can get an interview with Comcast or any other large cable company doing "direct sales" (not as a contractor) you'll make bank.

I made 72k my first year with them and got a raise halfway thru. People with no college degrees are make 120k+ out of the office I was in.

35k base and crazy commission structure plus benefits and 401k matching at 100% up to 5%.

Job was a little too much for me as customers would call at all hours of the day and my commission/quota relied heavily on technicians actually completing the jobs correctly. I went to Paychex selling payroll at 45k base plus commission
pimp.gif

If you can get a sales job with or without a degree...take it.
I am about to graduate with a degree in Operations Management and I was offered a sales position very similar to this. Its selling Verizon Fios and I have the option of taking either base+ commission or full commission. I always hated doing retail sales but for some reason I feel like selling Fios would be easier because it is a new product and a lot of towns in my area are just getting it or awaiting it. I am just kind of scared to take the job because if I'm no good at closing the sales i'd only make 30-40k and I have mega college debt. On the other hand if I end up doing well I could easily clear 60-75k. I just don't want to take the job and end up sucking at it and not being paid enough for it to be worth my while. All our leads are given to us by Verizon. 
How hard is it to sell cable/internet/phone? 
Also I believe I would have to work on some Saturdays and I am a college football addict. 
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

1. Work for a computer company
2. Austin
3. 55k+
4. A+ N+ MSCE MSCA (none of these matter since they dont relate to my job)
I take it you know a lot about computers?

friend of mine is a banker for wells fargo, making 50K and he didn't even graduate high school, idk how that happened he was one of those dudes that as soon as he got a GF, which he did a lot he fell off the map not just socially but in school too.

Originally Posted by M4rioL

friend of mine is a banker for wells fargo, making 50K and he didn't even graduate high school, idk how that happened he was one of those dudes that as soon as he got a GF, which he did a lot he fell off the map not just socially but in school too.
It's hard for a dude to get commission for opening accounts at a bank, because the pretty girls get it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Hmmm you work in Vancouver then?  You know if your company is currently hiring right now?  I am definitely looking to get something better paying and just going to school part time this year, possibly even a whole new direction with what I want to do.
yup.. live and work in vancouver... didnt want to raise my kids in portland
30t6p3b.gif
.. schools shutting down, merging younger kids with kids from high school, not cool in my book...
man there is a place in hillsboro that do the same thing i do called  solar world... my department aint hiring right now ( im the team lead ) but i think there might be some other departments... i can ask one of my other friends...

I talked to the dude that installed my directv. He's an inhouse tech for directv. And he says he makes $48k a year (+whatever OT he gets), dropped of out high school, works 6 hours a day (usually), 5 days a week (sat, sun off), drives the directv van, gas paid for, benefits, they force you to take 4 weeks off every year, and you can be a douche to the customer since directv doesn't care about customer reviews for inhouse techs.

He was about to hook me up with a job since they were looking for a few more techs but you have to be 21 because directv's insurance doesn't cover anyone under 21...

30t6p3b.gif

And when I worked cable there was a guy making $6800 a month installing cable (relatively young @ 28).

He worked 4-5 hours a day...

30t6p3b.gif

Just got promoted to manager at my job. 30K salary + commission + monthly bonus depending on how well the store does.

My 21 y/o cousin works for a company called Just Energy. He does door to door sells lowering the price of people's gas. He gets paid weekly. I have a picture of one of his weekly paychecks at the end of this post. Before they were doing just gas. Like 2 weeks ago, they got approved to do electricity as well. Haven't discussed his pay with him yet but from what his girl (who's my best friend) has told me, he now makes about $4,000 a week. Also, this money is somehow un-taxed. I don't know how but no taxes are taken out of his checks. He's been working super hard to try and get into office because once he's in office, he'll be making a whopping $22,000 a week from behind a desk...at least that's what he thinks. However, he did say his boss showed him one of his paychecks and it was for $22K and his boss sits behind a desk.

Last but not least, his job just sent him to London for free last week as a lil' "Thank you for doing such a good job" gift.

2i78t8i.jpg

Originally Posted by Marvin Hagler

I talked to the dude that installed my directv. He's an inhouse tech for directv. And he says he makes $48k a year (+whatever OT he gets), dropped of out high school, works 6 hours a day (usually), 5 days a week (sat, sun off), drives the directv van, gas paid for, benefits, they force you to take 4 weeks off every year, and you can be a douche to the customer since directv doesn't care about customer reviews for inhouse techs.

He was about to hook me up with a job since they were looking for a few more techs but you have to be 21 because directv's insurance doesn't cover anyone under 21...

30t6p3b.gif
My wife's best friend fiance is a tech for AT&T and makes pretty good money from what I've been told.  I'm going to give it a shot once I get my license situation in order.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

bump..

Aren't you in the military?? Not for nothin but I've met/known more than a few bums after they get out the service. Just like college, guess it depends on what you went for.

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by Marvin Hagler

30t6p3b.gif
My wife's best friend fiance is a tech for AT&T and makes pretty good money from what I've been told.  I'm going to give it a shot once I get my license situation in order.
I'm not familiar with AT&T techs and what inhouse techs get paid. But from my experience, ALL cable/internet/satellite companies inhouse techs (aside from dish) are treated like royalty. Like, I heard with comcast, they send you out to a training facility for 4 weeks, paid training, paid hotel, paid food. When I worked cable (for cox), it was for an independent contractor. And I will say it was a bad experience with me. Since you HAD to work those 10-12 hour days, you HAD to worry about your customer service score, and you had to move pretty fast to make money (which I am a guy that likes to take his time so I make sure the job gets done right and no trouble calls were made against me). And I just wasn't making enough money for the hours I was working. So definitely go for it as long as your working as an inhouse tech.

all these jobs paying good 
I'm looking for a good paying job non-retail dont really mind labor or communication

retail is the death of all happiness any suggestions?

ill be 21 saturday and I'm currently in school for teaching/law if that means anything

if you good with computers and interested in how they work IT certifications are a good way to go.

CCNA
A+
MCSA
Comptia

The certifications could take less then 6months to study and pass

With certifications like this you can easily land a 40K +job anywhere

I wish some of my less productive friends were interested in this kind of work, I would've brought them into my job cause we always hiring and I never have anyone to recommend lol

Back
Top Bottom