Who Here Has A "Good" Job With No College Degree VOL. 40K+

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

man I`m working in wireless, money is good, work life balance is trash, kinda over it now, not really utilizing my degree but I've been doing it since my senior yr of college last year

Don't fret, many really don't utilize their degrees.

my Degree is a BBA in Computer Info Systems, in the company I could def use my degree, but heck all the positions even internally want OD experience lol,
frown.gif
so true

I hate to say it though, this system is about a compromise. When the going gets tough, people that make a lot are the ones that get hurt the most. Sure, you're pumping out 6 figures, but how much time have you put in? I'm sure some of you put in the time to deserve the pay. But what I mean was, taxes will just kill you and you'll have to decide if it's worth the time.

I make about $40-$45K including everything. I can't complain, although I'm at a point in wanting 'more'. Having insurance, 401k, and most of all, being attached to your network is what keeps me going. I rather take a lower pay and be in the field, than do something outside of my scope & deteriorate.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Originally Posted by dagreatwhun

I'm in school right now for Finance. I have no idea where imma find a job when I graduate. Anyone in that field?

Do a Google search for jobs that can be had with a finance degree. Find out which big reputable companies offer those jobs then find out if they recruit at your school so you can get an internship which will lead to a full time offer. Also try to join a student organization for finance majors because they often hold events that finance professionals attend and you can network with them

with a finance degree, you can WORK ANYWHERE that deals with some kind of money transfer...Anywhere.

nerd.gif
closely monitoring this thread... not to sure what i want to do at the moment but i'm leaning towards a computer job. Heard you can make really good pay with just a few certificates

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Any cool jobs for people with a Communications degree?

Research Analyst
Mental Counselor

School Counselor

What made you major in Communications?

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Originally Posted by Retro707

I went to the JC and it just wasn't for me, not to mention I was doing everything on my own.  I decided to take a job opportunity and moved forward with that.  Went from retail to banking to the wine industry.  I started off on the very bottom at a winery when I turned 21.  I worked my way up to Manager in 2yrs.  I'am going on my 5th year this august and been manager for 3 of those yrs.  Pay has definitely increased. 

1-2 yrs - 35k when I started

3-5yrs 55k+

During my retail job I escalated to Manager within 1yr.  When I was a banker I got promoted twice.  I learned a lot about myself when handling different scenarios in different types of companies.  I hated the retail hours, and I hated the very quiet, linear environment of a bank.  A winery is a great balance of everything I like to do.  I love meeting people (we get people from all over the world), I enjoy sales and I like the freedom of being able to spend as much time as necessary wherever I want anytime with anyone.  I can do a 2hr long private tasting, or host a 1hr long bachelorette party and ACTUALLY have fun.  It sucked working up the ladder, but now it's worth it.
pimp.gif
  # ImDaBAws

iam 25yrs old and Living in Napa Ca.

-UNDFT-
Mind hooking a brotha up?
happy.gif
(with a wine tour/tasting...not work, cuz %!@% that noise...)
brah, I gotchuu.  just let me know when you are in the valley.  I'll give you my info and we can set something nice up.  I have no problem hooking a fellow NTer up.
707-815-4709  Just text me what day/time you have in  mind and i will fit you in my schedule.

About to go HAM in da Valley and zip on some of that Muscatooo 

-UNDFT-

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

Just wondering....

1) what do yall do = crystal grower ( i make chips that go into electronics... )
2) where do you live = 5 min away from portland, OR
3) how much yall make = 60k a year
4) what certifications do you have (if any).. GED
i work about 6months out of the year... job is easy as hell, a lot of my postings on NT come from work...

Originally Posted by Dman22193

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Any cool jobs for people with a Communications degree?

Research Analyst
Mental Counselor

School Counselor

What made you major in Communications?

my concentration was PR/Advertising.  Want to get into media planning or buying.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Just wondering....

1) what do yall do = crystal grower ( i make chips that go into electronics... )
i work about 6months out of the year... job is easy as hell, a lot of my postings on NT come from work...
what eggsactly do u do fam?

Originally Posted by bns1201

dropped out last semester. making a decent amount, but loving what you do > salary.

why did u drop out and what do u do now?

I went to the JC and it just wasn't for me, not to mention I was doing everything on my own.  I decided to take a job opportunity and moved forward with that.  Went from retail to banking to the wine industry.  I started off on the very bottom at a winery when I turned 21.  I worked my way up to Manager in 2yrs.  I'am going on my 5th year this august and been manager for 3 of those yrs.  Pay has definitely increased. 

1-2 yrs - 35k when I started

3-5yrs 55k+

During my retail job I escalated to Manager within 1yr.  When I was a banker I got promoted twice.  I learned a lot about myself when handling different scenarios in different types of companies.  I hated the retail hours, and I hated the very quiet, linear environment of a bank.  A winery is a great balance of everything I like to do.  I love meeting people (we get people from all over the world), I enjoy sales and I like the freedom of being able to spend as much time as necessary wherever I want anytime with anyone.  I can do a 2hr long private tasting, or host a 1hr long bachelorette party and ACTUALLY have fun.  It sucked working up the ladder, but now it's worth it.
pimp.gif
  # ImDaBAws

iam 25yrs old and Living in Napa Ca.

-UNDFT-
happy.gif
brah, I gotchuu.  just let me know when you are in the valley.  I'll give you my info and we can set something nice up.  I have no problem hooking a fellow NTer up.
707-815-4709  Just text me what day/time you have in  mind and i will fit you in my schedule.

-UNDFT-

man hook me up with a job fam ....i could use the move out west (srs)

ME NO PASS wrote:

Just wondering....

pretty much the same process as this from 2:15 - 3:25.. i just press buttons all day, take some readings... just newer technology, bigger, and better...

1. Work for a computer company
2. Austin
3. 55k+
4. A+ N+ MSCE MSCA (none of these matter since they dont relate to my job)

ME NO PASS wrote:

Just wondering....

pretty much the same process as this from 2:15 - 3:25.. i just press buttons all day, take some readings... just newer technology, bigger, and better...

Serious question... isn't this cancerous?

Just wondering....

dropped out last semester. making a decent amount, but loving what you do > salary.

happy.gif

-UNDFT-

Where are you trying to move?.  What type of position are you trying to get?  You about dat wine life?  It's just a matter of being eager to learn and being patient with things.  If you dont like what you do you will be miserable.  I love my job...but I can definitely tell you that it is not for everyone.  Today I had this dude ask me questions like "how many grapes in a bottle"
indifferent.gif
 .  Can I grow premium Napa grapes in my backyard in AZ?   *#* Seriously 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 But with a smile on my face I kept it one hunnid.
-UNDFT-

-UNDFT-

Where are you trying to move?.  What type of position are you trying to get?  You about dat wine life?  It's just a matter of being eager to learn and being patient with things.  If you dont like what you do you will be miserable.  I love my job...but I can definitely tell you that it is not for everyone.  Today I had this dude ask me questions like "how many grapes in a bottle"
indifferent.gif
 .  Can I grow premium Napa grapes in my backyard in AZ?   *#* Seriously 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 But with a smile on my face I kept it one hunnid.
-UNDFT-

Yo Retro, I'm interested in working in the wine industry since I have a bit of a background if you will and I'm considering a job (and especially) career change. Can we also discuss further via PM about F/T opportunities?

Back
Top Bottom