Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

damn sladewilson chick is half asian
pimp.gif

she's BAD, slade can you post MOAR?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Anyone in Atlanta?

There was a post for ATL one or two pages back... But still...

nerd.gif

*Work for Govt
*SoCal
*110K/yr.........120K next year after raise
*High School Diploma

Not bad considering my ol lady has a degree and makes half of what i do but together we are sitting nice

Originally Posted by runzombierun

*Work for Govt
*SoCal
*High School Diploma

Not bad considering my ol lady has a degree and makes half of what i do but together we are sitting nice
Could you please give us insight on what it is you do, or what was your first job with the Govt.. As long as there's no security/confidentiality issues. 

@sladewilson
anything in the Detroit, or surrounding areas for helpdesk and shh like that?

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

*Work for Govt
*SoCal
*High School Diploma

Could you please give us insight on what it is you do, or what was your first job with the Govt.. As long as there's no security/confidentiality issues. 

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

*Work for Govt
*SoCal
*High School Diploma

I work for Homeland Security.  Thats pretty much all im going to say cause i dont need no tin foil hate wearing conspiracy theorists saying big brother is keeping an eye on them.
I was in the AF for 10 years as a fire fighter but that has nothing to do with my job now.  It just basically gave me a couple extra veterans points and thats about it.  

So heres my pay breakdown:

GS-12 Base Pay $76644, now add 25% overtime, 15% night pay and 15% sunday pay.  needless to say i work nights and every weekend and 50 hr work week.

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

anybody with any connects in the DC/MD/VA region in the IT field?
i make a pretty decent salary, but i'm tired of the commute to rockville
sick.gif
 and would prefer something in the alexandria/arlington or even DC area.

Bachelors, A+ & Network +, & 2 1/2 yrs of experience (tier 1 and tier 2 help desk/desktop support)
the thing with IT is you cant expect to make bread doing the typical support #%%$ you need to specialize in the higher level stuff

i.e. programming, dba, high-rank analyst, and so on. support position realistically can only take you so far pay wise without learning the higher end stuff. IT industry is so large it makes no sense to stay in the worse off section of it.

Can someone give me a quick rundown of the GS-scale on these websites?

What exactly does it mean...

real life...

damn... i wouldnt get any job with the weak experience i have...

retail, sales, server....

Originally Posted by breezylocks

real life...

This is the sum of my resume as well. I have 3+ years in College but no degree
tired.gif

Originally Posted by mecca336gnc

Originally Posted by breezylocks

real life...

I feel you g
what's your major famb?
i was similar... i got applied for verizon and att as a sales rep and got calls from both (5 years retailing it up at Footaction and Hibbett)

interviews later on this week... and people in here say they pay pretty well...

that should hold you down until you find something you enjoy...

also, its how you phrase the stuff on your resume... PM and i'll show you how to word it in the dopest manner...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Ok due to a french Teachers D. I'm out of school. I have credits in Biology, Chem, Rotc and Electives. I'm in ATL and lost right now. What should I do NT. Please give me some advice.

Are there any real good jobs I can jump into? I'm good with lab work.

Can someone help me?

Originally Posted by Truballa101

Has anyone worked with Dish Network?

Just got a call for satellite technician
ohwell.gif

I had a few friends that used to work for dish here in Vegas.
Needless to say, from what I hear from my boys, THEY ARE A TERRIBLE COMPANY.

Yeah you get to drive the company vehicle, but with Dish they treat their employees TERRIBLY. 

You always getting jobs for a base hourly pay, so let's say you work a huge job installing 4 rooms, you're still only going to get that hourly pay. You'd honestly make more money on a points system or piece rate system through an independent contractor. With Dish they force you to be out until you finish the job (sometimes not even paying you OT). 

If you wanted to work inhouse, Directv and most cable companies treat their employees great (From what I hear Directv being the best). With directv they don't WANT you out past 5, but you could be (and you could claim your OT). If you're in the middle of a job and it's 5:30, you can just reschedule the job and do it tomorrow.

If you wanted to work for Dish I'd just go through an Independent Contractor. 

Back
Top Bottom