Who here has parents that are Nigerian???

Both of my parents are and I must say that it is very difficult to live in 2 different cultures seeing as though both of my siblings as well as myself was born here in the United states (Washington Dc BTW). Anyone here ever have difficulties  telling your parents things??? 

Both of my parents are and I must say that it is very difficult to live in 2 different cultures seeing as though both of my siblings as well as myself was born here in the United states (Washington Dc BTW). Anyone here ever have difficulties  telling your parents things??? 

not Nigerian, but i have extremely strict Filipino parents.. they still treat my sister and I like we're 12 
laugh.gif
& everything is 0 tolerance.. no stories or excuses will get me out of anything as my dad's word is written in stone. 

btw, i had a Nigerian friend back in grade school.. he used to get his #$% beat by his dad cuz' of the slang words he'd pick up from us. 
roll.gif
roll.gif

not Nigerian, but i have extremely strict Filipino parents.. they still treat my sister and I like we're 12 
laugh.gif
& everything is 0 tolerance.. no stories or excuses will get me out of anything as my dad's word is written in stone. 

btw, i had a Nigerian friend back in grade school.. he used to get his #$% beat by his dad cuz' of the slang words he'd pick up from us. 
roll.gif
roll.gif

One of my good homeboys' folks are from Nigeria...he said his mom used to put Kool-Aid (the powder) in his eyes, and Hot Sauce in his booty for discipline.

One of my good homeboys' folks are from Nigeria...he said his mom used to put Kool-Aid (the powder) in his eyes, and Hot Sauce in his booty for discipline.

Originally Posted by proper english

laugh.gif
i feel u fam......my siblings and I are 19,23,25 and we get treated like we still have curfew

Originally Posted by proper english

laugh.gif
i feel u fam......my siblings and I are 19,23,25 and we get treated like we still have curfew

Originally Posted by Faint Dj3

eek.gif

sick.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Faint Dj3

eek.gif

sick.gif

indifferent.gif

My dad is Nigerian, but he went to college here so it kinda eased him into American society. My mother is Filipino, and comes from a family that isn't strict at all. So that made it much easier for me to live my life, as opposed to my cousins who have two Nigerian parents.

They never got to do !**$. to this day some of them still arent "allowed" to drive their own cars (They're college grads btw, I'm only 20). Still getting dropped off by parents when we meet up for dinner -_-

Lil cousin isnt even allowed to have a dog cuz, "I don't want him to get distracted from school".

My nigerian family is light weight weird..

My dad is Nigerian, but he went to college here so it kinda eased him into American society. My mother is Filipino, and comes from a family that isn't strict at all. So that made it much easier for me to live my life, as opposed to my cousins who have two Nigerian parents.

They never got to do !**$. to this day some of them still arent "allowed" to drive their own cars (They're college grads btw, I'm only 20). Still getting dropped off by parents when we meet up for dinner -_-

Lil cousin isnt even allowed to have a dog cuz, "I don't want him to get distracted from school".

both of mine. i dont even try to tell them things. i was born and raised in chicago. i keep a lot of things from them

both of mine. i dont even try to tell them things. i was born and raised in chicago. i keep a lot of things from them

Originally Posted by Naija Nitemare

half black/half flip? what you look like

Back
Top Bottom