Who here makes 6 figures? Vol. 2016 edition

Almost everyone I know that are self employed are working 100 hour weeks year round pretty much.  Most ppl I know that are making a t least a $80k and up salary are doing 55 hours+ with some of them in the 70-80 hour range

Yea as I said I would much rather be making it in the states or Canada my home country, but to make that post tax I would need to clear 135,000... Simply that is not possible.

Cats in here talking about by 29-30 if you stuck it out and slaved at one company you would be there, also not true.

I have friends with their masters working in oil and gas field as senior business analyst position clearing just 80k pre tax. Also have people in Detroit working for the electricity city planning hardly clearing 75. I am not sure where you have people doing what you guys are talking about by 30.

I'm sure it's possible but let's not get extra generic and say every body can get that path.

And lmao at regional managers clearing 135k, where this at? Regional managers in telecommunications hardly clear 90 max.

My father is a senior process engineer in wastewater and only got that to that stage at like 60 years old.

Like I said if you really about it- the world is big and the oppurtunity to make money in other places is super high.

I can't believe people justifying 60 hr work weeks as well
On point with all of this.

There are roughly 10,000 jobs available annually that would be considered high end salary. 100k+ 

I am attending school in the fall for my MBA, and even after completing that I don't expect or need to make more than 6 figures following graduation. Sure a graduate or undergraduate level degree isn't needed. But all things being equal it does give you a leg up.

If money is your only motivation for working, than I can see why 60 hour work weeks are fine. I'd much rather work 30-35 hours a week and make 20 grand less than the next man.

Last edited:

There are roughly 10,000 jobs available annually that would be considered high end salary. 100k+ 

I am attending school in the fall for my MBA, and even after completing that I don't expect or need to make more than 6 figures following graduation. Sure a graduate or undergraduate level degree isn't needed. But all things being equal it does give you a leg up.

If money is your only motivation for working, than I can see why 60 hour work weeks are fine. I'd much rather work 30-35 hours a week and make 20 grand less than the next man.

lol the thing is the guys working 60+ hrs @ 100k make the same amount or less money than you if you calculate the hourly pay rate.

I'll clear 100k this year via salary and a hobby I make money off of.

For most people, sticking with the same company your entire career is not going to get you 6 figures unless you started near that threshold.

Employers don't even like giving raises anymore and are stingy with bonuses. If you starting at 50k, you'd be getting a 1-2% raises for the first 2 years if your company sets that pace. That honestly isn't even much (maybe an extra $300 dollars in your pocket after tax). It may be stagnant afterwards and bumping to a different title or role may get you an increase. That may give you an $8k-$10k bump.

Eh. I've worked 40 and I've worked 60 and I don't really feel the difference in the time I'm at work.

The one place it really shines through is when everyone around you is working 40 and plan xyz around their schedules. It's not making or breaking anything though.

Last edited:
Happy with life and job. Just one job.

Took a passion and focused on turning it into a career. Started at the bottom. Literally. Mailroom. But got my foot in the door.

Worked it from there. Worked hard. Took care of people. Those people offered me jobs up the ladder as they opened.

That repeated itself a few times.

If you're good at what you do, word spreads. Other companies offer you jobs.

You negotiate higher salaries/positions with them or with your current employer if you want to stay and if they don't want you to leave.

That to me is where the massive salary bumps come. Not in percentage raises over years.

Eventually you can even get to a point where you can start your own business. At which point you "eat what you kill".

Which can mean even more money. Or less, depending on the ebb and flow of business.

In terms of hours, do I work a lot of them, sure. Do I work all of them in an "office"? Absolutely not. In this day and age you can do mad business with a phone and a laptop depending on your industry (obviously, a Dr. cannot.....).

At least 10, maybe 20 of my work hours per week are done :smokin on my couch :lol:

Last edited:
Pass on 60 hour work weeks. I like spending time with my wife and son. Working 60 hours a week isnt what lifes about.

agreed

agree with both of you

ONLY way i could see working 60 hours a week is if it felt like it wasn't work.................but i mean that some **** like Yes Julz......not practical.

im not about that 50-70 work week life at all bruh, least not long term if you have to do it form time to time....okay cool

Last edited:
agreed
agree with both of you

ONLY way i could see working 60 hours a week is if it felt like it wasn't work.................but i mean that some **** like Yes Julz......not practical.

im not about that 50-70 work week life at all bruh, least not long term if you have to do it form time to time....okay cool

At least 10, maybe 20 of my work hours per week are done
smokin.gif
on my couch
laugh.gif
The end goal.

Define rich....

In my anecdotal experience, most wealthy individuals do not work longer hours in their current positions. Doesn't mean they didn't have to at one point.

Exceptions being lawyers and business owners.

In the changing economy output will be favored over hours for certain, its just getting there that is going to be a challenge. For instance, most entry-midlevel jobs will not give you work that you can complete in less than 40 hours a week.

Management and seniority positions though, that's another story.

Last edited:

i have no idea

my goal isn't to be P Diddy Combs rich.............

I dont wanna work like DJ Khaled..............

100K is not far fetched in 2016 if you have investment cash flow......that is my ultimate goal.

All "rich people" dont do the same thing for a living and many invest more so than actually do the "work" so its idiotic to think "if you arent working 50+ hrs you aint rich because thats what rich people do" like you seem to be implying.

Lot of the wealthy people I know spend their days on the golf course lol

All "rich people" dont do the same thing for a living and many invest more so than actually do the "work" so its idiotic to think "if you arent working 50+ hrs you aint rich because thats what rich people do" like you seem to be implying.

Lot of the wealthy people I know spend their days on the golf course lol

FOR FACTS

trust me Xennial Xennial my local LA Fitness i know ppl JUST LIKE THIS........living team cozy, 6 fig status

Define rich....

In my anecdotal experience, most wealthy individuals do not work longer hours in their current positions. Doesn't mean they didn't have to at one point.

Exceptions being lawyers and business owners.

In the changing economy output will be favored over hours for certain, its just getting there that is going to be a challenge. For instance, most entry-midlevel jobs will not give you work that you can complete in less than 40 hours a week.

Management and seniority positions though, that's another story.

Wealth comes from the Ratio of Assests to Liabilities.

Lotta cats make 6 mill a year but have 10 mill in bills, lol those people are poor.

Dudes need to get off of focusing purely on the salary.

In terms of hours, do I work a lot of them, sure. Do I work all of them in an "office"? Absolutely not. In this day and age you can do mad business with a phone and a laptop depending on your industry (obviously, a Dr. cannot.....).

At least 10, maybe 20 of my work hours per week are done
smokin.gif
on my couch
laugh.gif
All of this. I'm in the office maybe  20-25 hours a week. If there's an internet connection, I can get my job done. No reason to be sitting at a desk in the office.

Who cares about working an extra hour here and there if you can do it with a beer in your hand while you're watching the finals?

Lotta cats make 6 mill a year but have 10 mill in bills, lol those people are poor.

rich broke is real

im a broke dude...................i had no real expenses hence my ability to go out to eat and not give a **** and buy sneakers...........middle class rich if you will

Trust me man, I get into with my girl all the time over this.....

"Why do I pay half the rent when you make more than I do?"

"Because babe, I gotta save for grad school , **** won't pay for itself"

This is why counting other men's pockets is asinine...

Last edited:
Trust me man, I get into with my girl all the time over this.....

"Why do I pay half the rent when you make more than I do?"

"Because babe, I gotta save for grad school , **** won't pay for itself"

lol

how much should you be paying then? serious? i have never lived with a woman yet but will be doing soon.............

Yeah that's always a future concern. It sounds fair to pay percentage wise of household income, but that doesn't really make sense unless your incomes are within a few thousand bucks. I'f I'm making 85k and my girl is making 30k, I'm not paying 74% of the rent/mortgage. It's not like I'll have the run of 74% of the house.

Reactions: wr
Back
Top Bottom