Who in here can dunk a basketball?

Nah, was dunking tennis balls in hs and college but that's where it ended. I was 5'8" 165 back then, now I'm about 200, so I've given up on that dream.

Nah, was dunking tennis balls in hs and college but that's where it ended. I was 5'8" 165 back then, now I'm about 200, so I've given up on that dream.

Originally Posted by Bee GoT GaMe 23

Originally Posted by DEMIZE

^^damn yo, and your 5'10'' !!! SOmetimes i feel embarrassed to say i cant cuz im 6'2'', seems like i just gotta drop the weight and work on my legs, how long did it take for you guys to notice the change in your vertical after working out or doing certain things?
How much do you weigh? you might just have to trim down a bit and focus on working out on key area's and i'm sure you'll get there eventually.

I'm not gunna lie it took me a little while, coming out of high school (2007) i could barely tip the rim
laugh.gif
tired.gif

as of late 2009 i was finally able to jump up and grab/hang on to the rim with one hand.
Then this year i said eff it i really want to dunk, i started working out my abs, doing box jumps, toe raises, leg presses
and just making it a habit to jump as much as possible whenever i played ball.

Note: I really wasn't going hard with the workouts, im lazy as hell so its not like i was doing it 5days a week for 10 straight months
or anything like that but over the course of that time i did def get a dramatic increase in my spring.

Box jumps aka depth jumps are the truth.

Back when I could hop, it was what I was doing. Not only do they make you jump higher but you jump faster (stretch myotatic reflex). Like how Shawn Marion, Kenyon Martin, and maybe Amare Stoudemire can be done jumped twice while everybody else is still bending their knees to jump the first time, !%%* was incredible. I was blocking jump shots, get pump faked and jumped, land and still get back up in time to block it while dude you just blocked is looking at you like
eek.gif
sick.gif
mad.gif

I never caught a real oop in a game though, just a bs 2 on none breakaway off the glass and I never got a putback. Those was the only 2 dunks I really wanted to do that I never did.

But now I'm not even close to dunking, I'll still tap glass and got tons of junk, cutesy up and under dippsy doo type switch hands layups, but my vertical is probably like 12-14 inches or more down from my prime, and I'm only 26
laugh.gif

Oh, and I probably have every training modality related to jumping that ever came out. I had Jump Soles (let somebody borrow them, now how that goes), I have a Squat Flex which works but it's OD expensive if you didn't get in on the 97$ sale (essentially it's a platform and resistance bands for the hack squat and you can do deadlifts too). Yea you could do the same thing with barbells, but the resistance bands definitely hit and feel differently. I also had a Calf Isolator from SkyKing, used to talk to the creator on AIM sometimes. Some really famous people used it too (2 have won NBA dunk contests), but he was never able to get an official endorsement from them. That's decent, a few other NTers I remember got in on that too when it was new. As far as programs, the only ones I paid for was Scott's Creations (works, tough though, bout an hr 3x a week and the creator stands behind it, even put his personal phone # in it), Air Alert 2 (trash, you'll get tendinitis and all 3 is is they realized after getting so many complaints it was overtraining and changed it to 3x a week instead of 5 but it's still too many contacts), Strength Through Science (www.jumpforsts.com legit, I was bootlegging them and selling them on vert boards and the big dude emailed me all nastygram style threatening to sue me 
eek.gif
), and I bought some lumber and built some plyo boxes so vertical leap was an obsession of mine growing up

^^damn yo, and your 5'10'' !!! SOmetimes i feel embarrassed to say i cant cuz im 6'2'', seems like i just gotta drop the weight and work on my legs, how long did it take for you guys to notice the change in your vertical after working out or doing certain things?
How much do you weigh? you might just have to trim down a bit and focus on working out on key area's and i'm sure you'll get there eventually.

I'm not gunna lie it took me a little while, coming out of high school (2007) i could barely tip the rim
laugh.gif
tired.gif

as of late 2009 i was finally able to jump up and grab/hang on to the rim with one hand.
Then this year i said eff it i really want to dunk, i started working out my abs, doing box jumps, toe raises, leg presses

Note: I really wasn't going hard with the workouts, im lazy as hell so its not like i was doing it 5days a week for 10 straight months
or anything like that but over the course of that time i did def get a dramatic increase in my spring.

Box jumps aka depth jumps are the truth.

Back when I could hop, it was what I was doing. Not only do they make you jump higher but you jump faster (stretch myotatic reflex). Like how Shawn Marion, Kenyon Martin, and maybe Amare Stoudemire can be done jumped twice while everybody else is still bending their knees to jump the first time, !%%* was incredible. I was blocking jump shots, get pump faked and jumped, land and still get back up in time to block it while dude you just blocked is looking at you like
eek.gif
sick.gif
mad.gif

I never caught a real oop in a game though, just a bs 2 on none breakaway off the glass and I never got a putback. Those was the only 2 dunks I really wanted to do that I never did.

But now I'm not even close to dunking, I'll still tap glass and got tons of junk, cutesy up and under dippsy doo type switch hands layups, but my vertical is probably like 12-14 inches or more down from my prime, and I'm only 26
laugh.gif

Oh, and I probably have every training modality related to jumping that ever came out. I had Jump Soles (let somebody borrow them, now how that goes), I have a Squat Flex which works but it's OD expensive if you didn't get in on the 97$ sale (essentially it's a platform and resistance bands for the hack squat and you can do deadlifts too). Yea you could do the same thing with barbells, but the resistance bands definitely hit and feel differently. I also had a Calf Isolator from SkyKing, used to talk to the creator on AIM sometimes. Some really famous people used it too (2 have won NBA dunk contests), but he was never able to get an official endorsement from them. That's decent, a few other NTers I remember got in on that too when it was new. As far as programs, the only ones I paid for was Scott's Creations (works, tough though, bout an hr 3x a week and the creator stands behind it, even put his personal phone # in it), Air Alert 2 (trash, you'll get tendinitis and all 3 is is they realized after getting so many complaints it was overtraining and changed it to 3x a week instead of 5 but it's still too many contacts), Strength Through Science (www.jumpforsts.com legit, I was bootlegging them and selling them on vert boards and the big dude emailed me all nastygram style threatening to sue me 
eek.gif
), and I bought some lumber and built some plyo boxes so vertical leap was an obsession of mine growing up

yo this is extremely random but I didn't want to start a thread for it so I found a thread related to the sport atleast....does anyone have the "You Mad?" photo of dwayne wade with the championship ring. let me know asap, thanks

yo this is extremely random but I didn't want to start a thread for it so I found a thread related to the sport atleast....does anyone have the "You Mad?" photo of dwayne wade with the championship ring. let me know asap, thanks

i Def that the weight is holding me back from getting up there. i weigh 240 atm, prob gnna be weighing 210 in about 3-4 months, i remember in high school i was touching rim and not i cant get up there
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
, but wtvr....ill get up there....eventually, then ill post up on NT, like "gyeaa"

i Def that the weight is holding me back from getting up there. i weigh 240 atm, prob gnna be weighing 210 in about 3-4 months, i remember in high school i was touching rim and not i cant get up there
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
, but wtvr....ill get up there....eventually, then ill post up on NT, like "gyeaa"

laugh.gif
tired.gif

Good $#$ advice there. The key is to do a lot of jumping drills. I never really did jump training. The only thing I would do is try and do stairs with my heels never touching. I mean since I was in 8th grade I wanted to dunk so I would never let me heels touch a step when walking up them.

I lost in a dunk contest to a guy who was 5'8. Dude dunked on KG in a high school game. He told me he would do 1,000 calf raises every day. No joke, watching a movie? calf raises. Playing video games? calf raises. Dude was relentless.

laugh.gif
tired.gif

Good $#$ advice there. The key is to do a lot of jumping drills. I never really did jump training. The only thing I would do is try and do stairs with my heels never touching. I mean since I was in 8th grade I wanted to dunk so I would never let me heels touch a step when walking up them.

I lost in a dunk contest to a guy who was 5'8. Dude dunked on KG in a high school game. He told me he would do 1,000 calf raises every day. No joke, watching a movie? calf raises. Playing video games? calf raises. Dude was relentless.

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

good looks to Tru on this one... before some comedians come in here and try to clown this was after 3 - 4 fulls. i was tired
frown.gif
How tall are u Fresh? U got ups cuz....  Watched some of those NT pick up games, whats with yall playing so lazy? Everyone walkin up the court and +%%*
tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
that doesn't fly

good looks to Tru on this one... before some comedians come in here and try to clown this was after 3 - 4 fulls. i was tired
frown.gif
How tall are u Fresh? U got ups cuz....  Watched some of those NT pick up games, whats with yall playing so lazy? Everyone walkin up the court and +%%*
tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
that doesn't fly

5'8" 165, at the moment, no. About 10 years ago when I was fresh out of high school I dunked a few times. Never in a game though.

5'8" 165, at the moment, no. About 10 years ago when I was fresh out of high school I dunked a few times. Never in a game though.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

^He has UPS. Trust me. %%%@ is unfair.
30t6p3b.gif
If he could shot like me, GAME OVER.

laugh.gif
.. Jump shot got better bro.. on the real ...

but

D723, im 5'9 good looks man... and The videos due look weak im not gonna lie.. I guess you'd just have to be there to see .. 
frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

but

D723, im 5'9 good looks man... and The videos due look weak im not gonna lie.. I guess you'd just have to be there to see .. 
frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

but

frown.gif

Videos don't look weak at all.  Its just we been desensitized by dudes like Blake Griffin and team flight bros.  You see my 2 hand 360 tho.  I might have to come up to NYC this summer.

Back
Top Bottom