WHO is the most famous person in the world??

mary.jpg

Edward Cullen.

Probably Michael Jordan/Jackson, Tiger Woods, David Beckham, Obama, Oprah? I dunno.. where are the females at?

With the number of people I see walking around these days with choppa suits on, I have to go with

choppas.png

Just looking at most of there answers in this thread, it seems you guys equate the word, WOLRD with United States of America.

This should not be an opinion question, in which everyone can state who they think is famous to them. "Famous" is defined as "renowned byposition or action" and is quantifiable. Remember this is IN THE WORLD, and the most famous person should be known by a large fraction of the whole globalcommunity.

If I had to pick one, dead or alive, it would be Michael Jackson. In 1997, a popular magazine conducted an expansive survey and found that he was the ultimatemost famous person in the world. Princess Diana came second. He is probably even more popular/famous now after his death.

More most famous people in the world I can think of at the top of my head.

Dead:
Lady Diana
John Lennon
Prophet Mohammed
Jesus Christ

Alive:
Mohammed Ali
Queen Elizabeth
Obama
Oprah Winfrey
Bill Gates
David Beckham
Pele
Paul McCartney
Pope John Paul II
Madonna (???)
Nelson Mandela
Dalai Lama (???)

2009 - Obama

All Time Famous People - Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, JFK, Gandhi, Michael Jordan, Michael Jackson

Infamous - Hitler, Osama, Saddam

Probably a sports figure, maybe Jordan or Tiger or Ronaldo. I've surprised nobody's said Eminem yet, I would think he's up there

Originally Posted by thesimplestlife

Originally Posted by LarryIndiana219

Originally Posted by J23S

Originally Posted by flippapabear23

Originally Posted by J23S

Originally Posted by flippapabear23

My guess would be David Beckham or Zinidine Zidane (Guy who headbutted in 06 World Cup)

This is based soley on fact that soccer is far and away most popular sport in the world. They are 2 very well known players and my guess is that most people would at least know of the best players in their sport..
You had to explain who he is so you already disqualified him
laugh.gif

Zidane is one of the greatest soccer players ever. So he obviously would be in consideration. The only reason i explained him is because probably 90% of this board doesnt follow soccer, so they wouldn't know who im talking about. But this board is NOT the WORLD, so he could be very famous.
But this board is part of the world, there are millions of people that dont follow soccer as well
of course there are millions of people who don't follow soccer, but you have to understand that there are millions of people who don't follow other things as well..

do you really think that more people follow politics than sports (i'll leave it as general as that)..?
now, after you realize they don't, let me ask you this...

do you really think more people follow golf than soccer?
now, after you realize they don't, let me ask you this

do you really think that some of the influence of these huge soccer stars, doesn't extend beyond soccer? do you really think that people in some of these less financially developed countries, where soccer forms the backbone of their culture, don't have an idea of who david beckham or zidane might be???
Wanna talk influence? Tiger is worth more than both of those soccer teams combined (I think
laugh.gif
)... and what moves faster around the globe than money? Not even light. Money IS influence! Tiger's money can be everywhere at once, therefore, HE can be everywhere at once. He's on TV Right now, somewhere as I'm typing this. He might be selling an Ipod or some deodorant RIGHT now. It's really quite simple. Not only is HE a brand name himself, but his face is more recognizable than any other black face today, sans MAYBE Jordan. Maybe.. and definitely moreso than Obama because Tiger opened the door for Obama. White people had to accept losing their sport to a %+%%% before they lost their country to one. Duh...

Oprah is more famous then everyone listed except for Obama
Oprah is up there too.. people are still learning Obama. Mother +%++### was raised on Oprah!
laugh.gif
how are you going to actually reduce this topic to money...?? in that case, why aren't names like bill gates, or warren buffett being brought up? you're starting to NOT make sense. yes, tiger woods is a brand, and yes he's hugely popular, but so are people like david beckham. I already posted the link, but I'll do it again, just for you:
http://www.telegraph.co.u...am-says-Tiger-Woods.html

SOCCER is way more popular than golf. duh. David beckham is one of the most famous soccer players. duh. His influence is bigger than soccer. duh. what is there not to get...?
and no, tiger woods isn't worth more than some of the bigger name soccer teams (i.e. real madrid, man u, etc).

tiger may be richer than beckham, but that doesn't mean he's a more popular WORLD figure. maybe it's time to venture out of indiana.

Blah Blah... You're obviously subjectively attached to this topic, because you insist on making it about soccer being more popular than golf.So what? True as that may be, Tiger is more popular than Soccer. Simply put, because Tiger is as rich as he is activein the mainstream world, people see and hear about him everywhere and all the time. Bill Gates is not a celebrity, andneither are most of the richest people in the world. But Tiger (and Oprah) are. And their money makes them importantto both regular people and business interests alike, which makes them the topic of discussion in more circles; moreso than David Beckham. Period.

And another thing.. *%# does living in Indiana have to do with this? My two feet take up as much space on this globe as yours do, whether I'm standing inIndiana or you're standing in a pile of dog $#%#. Your WORLD view is just as narrow as mine, whether you can admit it or not. At least I'm wise enoughto know it.

Originally Posted by LarryIndiana219

LarryIndiana219 wrote:

thesimplestlife wrote:

J23S wrote:

flippapabear23 wrote:

J23S wrote:

flippapabear23 wrote:

My guess would be David Beckham or Zinidine Zidane (Guy who headbutted in 06 World
Cup)

This is based soley on fact that soccer is far and away most popular sport in the world. They are 2 very well known players and my guess is that
most people would at least know of the best players in their sport..
You had to explain who he is so you already disqualified him
laugh.gif

Zidane is one of the greatest soccer players ever. So he obviously would be in consideration. The only reason i explained him is because probably 90%
of this board doesnt follow soccer, so they wouldn't know who im talking about. But this board is NOT the WORLD, so he could be very famous.

But this board is part of the world, there are millions of people that dont follow soccer as well

of course there are millions of people who don't follow soccer, but you have to understand that there are millions of people who don't
follow other things as well..

do you really think that more people follow politics than sports (i'll leave it as general as that)..?

now, after you realize they don't, let me ask you this...

do you really think more people follow golf than soccer?

now, after you realize they don't, let me ask you this

do you really think that some of the influence of these huge soccer stars, doesn't extend beyond soccer? do you really think that people in some of
these less financially developed countries, where soccer forms the backbone of their culture, don't have an idea of who david beckham or zidane might
be???

Wanna talk influence? Tiger is worth more than both of those soccer teams combined (I think
laugh.gif
)... and what moves faster around the globe than money? Not even light. Money IS influence!
Tiger's money can be everywhere at once, therefore, HE can be everywhere at once. He's on TV Right now, somewhere as I'm typing this. He might be
selling an Ipod or some deodorant RIGHT now. It's really quite simple. Not only is HE a brand name himself, but
his face is more recognizable than any other black face today, sans MAYBE Jordan. Maybe.. and definitely moreso than Obama because Tiger opened the door for
Obama. White people had to accept losing their sport to a %+%%% before they lost their country to one. Duh...

Oprah is more famous then everyone listed except for Obama

Oprah is up there too.. people are still learning Obama. Mother +%++### was raised on Oprah!
laugh.gif

how are you going to actually reduce this topic to money...?? in that case, why aren't names like bill gates, or warren buffett being brought
up? you're starting to NOT make sense. yes, tiger woods is a brand, and yes he's hugely popular, but so are people like david beckham. I already posted
the link, but I'll do it again, just for you:

http://www.telegraph.co.u...am-says-Tiger-Woods.html

SOCCER is way more popular than golf. duh. David beckham is one of the most famous soccer players. duh. His influence is bigger than soccer. duh. what is
there not to get...?

and no, tiger woods isn't worth more than some of the bigger name soccer teams (i.e. real madrid, man u, etc).

tiger may be richer than beckham, but that doesn't mean he's a more popular WORLD figure. maybe it's time to venture out of indiana.

Blah Blah... You're obviously subjectively attached to this topic, because you insist on making it about soccer being more popular than golf. So what? True as that may be, Tiger is more popular than Soccer. Simply put, because Tiger is as rich as he is active in the mainstream world, people see and hear about him everywhere and all the time. Bill Gates is not a celebrity, and neither are most of the richest people in the world. But Tiger (and Oprah) are. And their money makes them important to both regular people and business interests alike, which makes them the topic of discussion in more circles; moreso than David Beckham. Period.

Son, I am disappoint.

Cristiano-Ronaldo-wallpaper-6-299x432.jpg

Back
Top Bottom