Who is this Tyler Perry fool?

I swear everytime I turn my head I see the dude's name on a movie poster or on TBS, claiming how funny he is. If he was really funny, he wouldn't be onTBS.....

Or I'm really ignorant and he really is funny.

Mmmm.........He isnt really funny quite honestly. But dude has been cakin real big for a few years now, dude wrote plays that were REALLY popular with theblack community. Made some of his plays into real movies, which were alright i guess, not my cup of tea though.

That show on TBS isnt funny at all............I watched one episode, and got annoyed anytime i saw the damn previews for it.

thats all that matters to HIM, to me the fact that he is not even a little bit funny is enough t guarantee he never gets dollar one of my paper.

To each its own, Tyler Perrys earlier plays from a few years ago are extremely funny! Yall need to cop all of the old ones if you want to fall out laughingasap. Lately his movies have been less funny with more real life meanings and messages that we all need to see in order to remind us about things and nottaking them for granted for example his movie entitled, "Why did i get married" was a great movie and had a very meaningful message to it.

As far as the TBS show, i like it more than what i did last year. Its not extremely funny however its cool.

Yeah, I live in the South, Atlanta for that matter. Nobody in my age group ever talks about him, but thats the college age group. Maybe the older, middle agedblack adults find him funny.

Tyler Perry isn't funny at all... at least in my opinion.

He must be funny to some people or he wouldn't be where he is today.

Originally Posted by Da Future Nike Rep

To each its own, Tyler Perrys earlier plays from a few years ago are extremely funny! Yall need to cop all of the old ones if you want to fall out laughing asap. Lately his movies have been less funny with more real life meanings and messages that we all need to see in order to remind us about things and not taking them for granted for example his movie entitled, "Why did i get married" was a great movie and had a very meaningful message to it.

As far as the TBS show, i like it more than what i did last year. Its not extremely funny however its cool.

This man speaks the truth.

Originally Posted by Kiss My Airs 33

I'm black and I've never thought Tyler Perry was funny.

Even his older plays. I remember my cousins would cop them all on bootleg and watch them but I'd be the only one not laughing.

were your cousins female?

He's not a comedian or anything, he writes stories, plays, movies and now TV shows. Hes doing his thing so I don't knock dude at all. I have several ofthe plays on DVD, have seen a couple live and liked two of his movies so I don't see why anyone would complain. check him out before you judge.

dude needs to get that madea fat suit insured for multi millions if it isn't already. without that lame character he wouldn't exist.

I am hispanic and just saw Why Did I Get Married. I saw it with my girl but it was a great movie. Great messages and very realistic. People just have greatthings to say about Daddys Little Girls also.

This dude getting that chuuuurrrrchhh money. My moms and the ladies from church always watch his stuff

"Daddy's Little Girls" was also very good. "Why Did I Get Married" made me think about relationships in a whole new way.

My mom is white and loves his plays/movies/shows. She got into from my grandma & cousins on my dads side and they are black

Back
Top Bottom