Who more deserves a national championship game if texas slips up? #4 TCU or #5 Cincinnati

TCU deserves it because if you've watched them play week in and out, they're as good a football team as anybody in the country...

They don't deserve to be jumped because Cincinnati has an extra game the week after TCU finishes their schedule...

Gotta love the Big East football bashing, happens every December. Cincy dropped the ball last year.

2006 - Nokia Sugar Bowl: #11 West Virginia (10-1, Big East champion) 38, #7 Georgia (10-2, SEC champion) 35

2007 - FedEx Orange Bowl: #6 Louisville (11-1, Big East champion) 24, #14 Wake Forest (11-2, ACC champion) 13

2008 - Tostitos Fiesta Bowl: #9 West Virginia (10-2, Big East champion) 48, #4 Oklahoma (11-2, Big 12 champion) 28

2009 - FedEx Orange Bowl: #19 Virginia Tech (9-4, ACC champion) 20, #12 Cincinnati (11-2, Big East champion) 7

From just watching both, TCU, sorry Cats and this was the one year to do it

im not saying that TCU doesnt deserve it ..but if Cincinnati finishes undefeated they deserve it more because thats suppose to be the so-called "laws ofthe BCS"

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

If UC wins today I think they deserve it more, and the computers would agree.

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

Because they got 38 points (thus far) hung on them?

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Because they will beat a top 15 team on the road.

Right, because beating an inferior team from your weak conference by 1 point because of a missed extra point is going to win over all the voters. And I likehow every single person, more or less, who is saying Cincy > TCU has some sort of Cincinnati signature or avatar. Has one non-Cincy fan sided with Cincy inthis debate?

Right, because beating an inferior team from your weak conference by 1 point because of a missed extra point is going to win over all the voters. And I like how every single person, more or less, who is saying Cincy > TCU has some sort of Cincinnati signature or avatar. Has one non-Cincy fan sided with Cincy in this debate?
laugh.gif
Makes me wonder if these guys have actually seen TCU evena little bit this year.

Originally Posted by SoundsoftheGame

yea somebody please give me a reason why tcu is more deserved
Cincy's not a complete team; they have an offense and that's it. They have given up a ton of points to Uconn, Illinois, and Pitt. TCU hasa more complete team IMO. Cincy's only marquee win is Oregon State. That being said their schedule was tougher than TCU, even though neither team'sschedule was that great and the Big East is very weak (Pitt and Cincy having so many wins is more a result of the Big East not being very good rather thandominance by either of those teams in my opinion). So...in conclusion I guess I'd say Cincinnati if I had to choose but I don't really think they arethat good. They would get waxed by Texas, Bama, or Florida because their defense is so bad.

It's tough cus we were in the same spot back in 99 when we were in the Big East and nobody really respected us because of our schedule; if I had been olderback then and not a fan I probably would have argued against us as well
laugh.gif

I think UC's wins are better than TCU and they played a tougher schedule.

And Just becuase I have a Bengals sig doesnt mean I'm a UC stan...

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Cincy's not a complete team; they have an offense and that's it. They have given up a ton of points to Uconn, Illinois, and Pitt. TCU has a more complete team IMO. Cincy's only marquee win is Oregon State. That being said their schedule was tougher than TCU, even though neither team's schedule was that great and the Big East is very weak (Pitt and Cincy having so many wins is more a result of the Big East not being very good rather than dominance by either of those teams in my opinion). So...in conclusion I guess I'd say Cincinnati if I had to choose but I don't really think they are that good. They would get waxed by Texas, Bama, or Florida because their defense is so bad.

It's tough cus we were in the same spot back in 99 when we were in the Big East and nobody really respected us because of our schedule; if I had been older back then and not a fan I probably would have argued against us as well
laugh.gif

can i tell u one thing...TCU PLAYS IN THE MOUNTAIN WEST!!!!!! thats wy the D and the O so good they played a team call IDAHO COMMUNITY TECH incoferernce.......soooooo stop it
mad.gif
..and dont give me they beatvirginia......virginia is horrible...clemson isnt even ranked...byu and utah were overrated so stop it.CINCINNATI DESERVES IT..

Right, because beating an inferior team from your weak conference by 1 point because of a missed extra point is going to win over all the voters. And I like how every single person, more or less, who is saying Cincy > TCU has some sort of Cincinnati signature or avatar. Has one non-Cincy fan sided with Cincy in this debate?
Being in the Cincinnati area, I've watched them struggle since I moved here about 6 years ago, so I have to support them, although I'm anOhio State fan.

TCU is too fast.... The Bearcat defense won't be able to stop them, judging from previous games vs. UConn, the Illini (whom I believe are horrible, butmanaged 36 points), and WVU, who got like 380-400 yards I believe. Therefore... I believe TCU would be put over UC only because UC's defense isn't assharp as it was at the beginning of the season.

I'd really like to see UC in the NC, but I just don't think it's their year for the NC. It's about being realistic, but right now I'mhoping for a Cornhusker win.
wink.gif
at ya Texas.

****Just read 5am6oody72's post... Pretty much what I said.

Cincy's not a complete team; they have an offense and that's it. They have given up a ton of points to Uconn, Illinois, and Pitt. TCU has a more complete team IMO. Cincy's only marquee win is Oregon State. That being said their schedule was tougher than TCU, even though neither team's schedule was that great and the Big East is very weak (Pitt and Cincy having so many wins is more a result of the Big East not being very good rather than dominance by either of those teams in my opinion). So...in conclusion I guess I'd say Cincinnati if I had to choose but I don't really think they are that good. They would get waxed by Texas, Bama, or Florida because their defense is so bad.

It's tough cus we were in the same spot back in 99 when we were in the Big East and nobody really respected us because of our schedule; if I had been older back then and not a fan I probably would have argued against us as well
laugh.gif

can i tell u one thing...TCU PLAYS IN THE MOUNTAIN WEST!!!!!! thats wy the D and the O so good they played a team call IDAHO COMMUNITY TECH in coferernce.......soooooo stop it
mad.gif
..and dont give me they beat virginia......virginia is horrible...clemson isnt even ranked...byu and utah were overrated so stop it.CINCINNATI DESERVES IT..

Calm the %%#+ down. They dont deserve @@%%. TCU would dump on their chest.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

Being in the Cincinnati area, I've watched them struggle since I moved here about 6 years ago, so I have to support them, although I'm an Ohio State fan.

TCU is too fast.... The Bearcat defense won't be able to stop them, judging from previous games vs. UConn, the Illini (whom I believe are horrible, but managed 36 points), and WVU, who got like 380-400 yards I believe. Therefore... I believe TCU would be put over UC only because UC's defense isn't as sharp as it was at the beginning of the season.

I'd really like to see UC in the NC, but I just don't think it's their year for the NC. It's about being realistic, but right now I'm hoping for a Cornhusker win.
wink.gif
at ya Texas.

****Just read 5am6oody72's post... Pretty much what I said.

true they give a bunch of yards in catch up mode wen teams r tryna catch up after cincy goes up by 20...pitt was the first game where they got dominated early.but pitt barely managed anything in the second half. but i dont think TCU or Cincinnati wuld stand a chance against bama or fla

laugh.gif

can i tell u one thing...TCU PLAYS IN THE MOUNTAIN WEST!!!!!! thats wy the D and the O so good they played a team call IDAHO COMMUNITY TECH in coferernce.......soooooo stop it
mad.gif
..and dont give me they beat virginia......virginia is horrible...clemson isnt even ranked...byu and utah were overrated so stop it.CINCINNATI DESERVES IT..
Acting like the Big East is the SEC or something
laugh.gif

Stop it. If Cincy played in the MWC their defense would still suck $** because it's just not very good. TCU's got the players to hang with anyone,Cincy can't even stop Uconn and Illinois from marching down the field on them
laugh.gif
Like I said I have a hard time putting TCU in over Cincy because oftheir conference and who they've played, but I really do think they are a better team than Cincy is.

Back
Top Bottom