who remembers when Dipset had the streets on Lock

I can recall walking on Queens Blvd. hearing some crazy sampled beat with a chipmunk voice giving me straight Head nod. And asking my homeboy what it was.Those were good days for me Diplomatic Immunity went Hood platinum lol, Santanas Town, Dipset anthem, I really mean it, I'm ready. All of these tracks giveme nostalgia Although their lyrical content lacked lol they were dope. Nowadays That camp is a complete joke. but NY nters and any others that knew about themknew they bumped this.

ah those were the days

+**% is a complete mess over there now
thumbs_down.gif

those were the days
smh.gif
..now these N's dont even speak amongstthemselves....just as quick as throwbacks and jerseys flew by they did as well
tired.gif

Diplomatic Immunity Vol. 1 is a straight up classic and I dont care what anyone says.

What streets? Dipset was dope cerca DI1 but the only thing they had on locked was the group of wannabe cool cats that wore pink tall tees. And those cats werenot the street type... at least not around my hood.

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
[color= rgb(153, 255, 51)]... everything they was puttin' out was crazy ... the Diplomat mixtapes were epic to me when theydropped ... esp. 2 ...[/color]

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

What streets? Dipset was dope cerca DI1 but the only thing they had on locked was the group of wannabe cool cats that wore pink tall tees. And those cats were not the street type... at least not around my hood.

They NY Streets. If you weren't here during those days you wouldn't understand. It was ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Tom Jooks

What streets? Dipset was dope cerca DI1 but the only thing they had on locked was the group of wannabe cool cats that wore pink tall tees. And those cats were not the street type... at least not around my hood.

They NY Streets. If you weren't here during those days you wouldn't understand. It was ridiculous.
I guess... if you say so. I hear you..

laugh.gif
It was what he was saying right there that got me........ the other dope part waswhen he was doing the running man

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

laugh.gif
It was what he was saying right there that got me........ the other dope part was when he was doing the running man

If i'm not mistaken that was that "I can get'cha out ya deal"
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

My A-K was my AKA before my ABC's that had me A Okay
I'll show you how to get 2 million out ya deal
For the right price I can get you out ya deal
Smack ya CEO that's when the tek is soarin
4 mill from Def Jam and I ain't sell a record for em

Originally Posted by Tom Jooks

word...Dipset was EVERYWHERE in NYC...but the amount of just straight up ********rs was also unappreciated because some _'s were claiming them thehardest rap group of all time and how juelz is top 5 in the game and all this nonsense...
eyes.gif
...i can honestly say i never wore a pink tee in my life, that was one of thedumbest trends around....still though, they're pretty much the last dudes from NY to have a major buzz like that everywhere on the streets...

(this was like 2 years ago) - over here in MA, it's even more ridiculous the amount of youngn's who loved riding on the Dips...certain dudes thatchilled together had them tight clothes x biker chains jumpoffs on lock and even called themselves Dipset or the "Goonie Gang"...
tired.gif

Dip's early work was appreciated though...i remember copping Philadelphia Freeway and Diplomatic Immunity on the same day and was feeling realgiddy...
pimp.gif
...that's when the <> was at the top

Back
Top Bottom