Who Remembers when Eastbay Magazine Sold Air Jordan Retros

jaycub

Banned
tired.gif

Wow i def do remember in Hs round 02-03 my boy would bring his copy to class and we would b/s about kicks ALLLL day def miss those days with hypebeast's around every corner ruining ir for everyone

Wow i def do remember in Hs round 02-03 my boy would bring his copy to class and we would b/s about kicks ALLLL day def miss those days with hypebeast's around every corner ruining ir for everyone

Haha. True.

I remember seeing Black/Red 12s on Eastbay back in the day on a 50% discount.

Back then it was easy to cop them J's I couldn't wait for that eastbay magazine to be in my mailbox now it's worthless

Man, back in the day (beginning i think in 1990) we would always have eastbay catalog's stacked up at the house... I mean, I would get one, my mom would get one, my sister had her name on one, my brother etc etc... My jr high/HS years were all about thumbing thru eastbay in class and study hall. You could always get what you wanted out of that catalog back then. Now they can't put it in the catalog bc it's sold out long before the mail comes.
For those of you who worked in shoe stores like i did (in the 90s), remember getting the Nike catalogs (seasonal) and always seeing the new-new before anyone (pre-internet days)? Cats would come into the store and beg to see that book. I wish I woulda kept those books.

What is the point of this post? To not-so-subtly imply how "OG" you are?

Ok, I'll play - who remembers your friend's mom walking in on you with your hand down her daughter's pants after she had just given you and your friend a ride to buy the new Jordan VIIIs with the money you got from your first jobs?

Oh man, those were the days.

(They were though!)

Last edited:
Yupp :pimp:

Copped a Griffey mariners jersey from it back in the day. :smokin

Man I used to see all kinds of retros in eastbay mag, but would never cop because "Those Js came out months ago 
grin.gif
"

laugh.gif
 Everyone was more concerned with what the XIV, XV, XVI, etc were gonna look like....screw them old J's

Whenever I brought the new magazine back in high school, people would always wanted to take a look at it... Lol

Back
Top Bottom