Who uses a Dvorak keyboard?

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

No, but I did switch my roommate's keyboard input to DVORAK on april fools one year (just the software, didn't move any of the keys physically). Dude was shook
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'd never switch to this configuration...

I would do it on my Pc at home but would be pissed whenever I went to work and had to remember to type it a diffrent way.

I would do it on my Pc at home but would be pissed whenever I went to work and had to remember to type it a diffrent way.

no point...

too many devices use qwerty... id like to see u re arrange the buttons on ur cell phone... yea i didnt think so
laugh.gif

and if u want to type without carpel tunnel worries dont type the "correct" way...

no point...

too many devices use qwerty... id like to see u re arrange the buttons on ur cell phone... yea i didnt think so
laugh.gif

and if u want to type without carpel tunnel worries dont type the "correct" way...

im too old to re-learn this stuff.. 
sick.gif
 matter of fact, although im a very fast typer, i still dont know how to type "properly" 
frown.gif

im too old to re-learn this stuff.. 
sick.gif
 matter of fact, although im a very fast typer, i still dont know how to type "properly" 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by OverGrinding

no point...

laugh.gif

Basically.

I'd have to abandon every smartphone that ever comes out.

no point...

laugh.gif

Basically.

I read that QWERTY keyboards were made to be inefficient since typewriter keys jammed if you typed too fast or something like that.

I read that QWERTY keyboards were made to be inefficient since typewriter keys jammed if you typed too fast or something like that.

Originally Posted by doctorshoes

Yeap that's right. Once they made typewriters that were capable of typing faster, people just wanted to keep the QWERTY keyboards. 

Originally Posted by doctorshoes

Yeap that's right. Once they made typewriters that were capable of typing faster, people just wanted to keep the QWERTY keyboards. 

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

no point...

laugh.gif

Basically.

in the world of smartphones, there's no way a virtual keyboard won't have a Dvorak option

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

no point...

laugh.gif

Basically.

in the world of smartphones, there's no way a virtual keyboard won't have a Dvorak option

I have one and I am "Bi-lingual". I learned to use it when I was like 4 or something back when I was using a speak and spell so switching between this QWERTY and an "abcdefg" configuration isn't a big deal for me. However, I almost always use qwerty because FPS games severely effed me over when it comes to hand placement.

Sometimes I have IT hook it up at new guys' desks on their fist day at the office and tell them they have to deal with it
laugh.gif
Programmer hazing FTW!

I have one and I am "Bi-lingual". I learned to use it when I was like 4 or something back when I was using a speak and spell so switching between this QWERTY and an "abcdefg" configuration isn't a big deal for me. However, I almost always use qwerty because FPS games severely effed me over when it comes to hand placement.

Sometimes I have IT hook it up at new guys' desks on their fist day at the office and tell them they have to deal with it
laugh.gif
Programmer hazing FTW!

using smartphone qwerty boards with two thumbs is already a fairly different skill from using a computer keyboard so switching on one's laptop wouldn't really have much bearing on how they typed on their phone. despite typing quickly for years on computers i still had to get used to typing on the "same" qwerty style board when i got my first smart phone.

using smartphone qwerty boards with two thumbs is already a fairly different skill from using a computer keyboard so switching on one's laptop wouldn't really have much bearing on how they typed on their phone. despite typing quickly for years on computers i still had to get used to typing on the "same" qwerty style board when i got my first smart phone.

Back
Top Bottom