Who was the most marketable NBA player of ALL-TIME?

/\ I wouldn't say that T-Mac was more marketable than Kobe...not even post-rape Kobe.

Originally Posted by FYALADY

it's obviously mj, but better question is who are some of the most marketables after mj?

lebron > ai > penny > shaq > tmac > kobe > the rest
TMac
eyes.gif
. AI isn't very marketable to the general public.

The thing that made MJ so marketable was that he could appeal to everyone.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

MJ singled handedly made the NBA famous.
Naa

I understand you can make a case for Magic as well, but c'mon now
laugh.gif

And please don't tell me you also have Bird in mind?
Well, I mean I know he had a LARGE part in making it famous... but he didn't do it by himself

Originally Posted by FYALADY

it's obviously mj, but better question is who are some of the most marketables after mj?

lebron > ai > penny > shaq > tmac > kobe > the rest

add Dwyane Wade to that list

Chris Paul might be there in a couple of years

Shaq is extremely marketable. Maybe not in terms of shoes but in general endorsements I think he easily tops Lebron and all other NBAers (probably tied withMJ)

^^I think if LeBron stays away from trouble, he may reach that plateau one day. This dude is hyped to the 100th degree. And his game backs it all up. But I don't know if he can single handedly create buzz for the NBA or make it go back to where it was when MJ was in the league.

MJ singled handedly made the NBA famous.

I agree.

MJ....by FAR.

Lebron could get up to the MJ status.... he's still young. Lets wait and see if he can do it.

another one of them useless threads.

we all know MJ tops the list and no one even comes close. it's pretty much common sense already.

All-time? I don't know. Toss up.

MJ because he had ads and billboards EVERYWHERE.

But we're talking about marketing here, and Larry Legend was the best white guy to EVER play. White people need a white superstar to look up to and Birdwas the last guy to be it. He put the white man's butt in seats and SOLD tickets. I'm not so sure MJ could've sold the league to white folkswithout Bird preceding him.

If Kobe did not have that whole ordeal... I wonder how he would be marketed today. Maybe that of Michael Jordan? Who knows.

Originally Posted by acidicality

the real question should be "who was the least marketable NBA player of all-time?"

and i go with chris quinn. dude gets hated on for NO REASON
tired.gif

Shaq did my boy Chris Quinn dirty
smh.gif

look at the numbers.

Its Mike, Lebron, Kobe, Shaq etc............

Even in his prime the only money Penny was makin was Nike money.

Lebron was created as an anti kobe imo.

Michael Jordan. it really isn't a question.

Lebron wishes he was on MJ status. Nike wants him to be so bad. but there's a difference between a guy being forced/sold to you (Lebron), and a guy whojust sells himself (MJ).

As of today, I think more people would rather watch Kobe than Lebron. Lebron has all the endorsements but that's force fed, he's not pulling in theratings. Lebron's debut on the big stage last year was a big flop.

Quite frankly Dwyane Wade might be the guy, I've seen these stupid phone commercials more than any of the active players.

Originally Posted by u ttocs

As of today, I think more people would rather watch Kobe than Lebron. Lebron has all the endorsements but that's force fed, he's not pulling in the ratings. Lebron's debut on the big stage last year was a big flop.

Quite frankly Dwyane Wade might be the guy, I've seen these stupid phone commercials more than any of the active players.

Agreed...Wade can be marketed a lot better than LeBron for some reason. Nike seems to force LeBron to us.

Back
Top Bottom