Who will go down as better: Vince Carter or Tracy Mcgrady

tracy is having a bad start right now. but he's slowly running better and i'll say in another month, we should see a more consistent tmac.

tmac's skillset is much better than vince. at tracy's best, he's more dominant than vince. tmac only needs to go deep in the playoffs and thismight be his beest chance.

hopefully him and yao can heal fast from their surgeries. both are averaging only 16.7 ppg
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

u said this

When has T-Mac backed down from another player talking trash to him?
which is why the game VS the lakers VS kobe is bring up. who cares if kobe quit on his team that has NOTHING to do with tmac or trying to hide the fact of what tmac did is ok. i dont get what kobe did 2 years later of what happend THAT NIGHT and tmac quting on his magic team his last year there
You bringing that game up has NOTHING to do with what he asked you.
eyes.gif
He said when has Tmac backed down from another player TALKING TRASH to him?...And how does bringing up THAT game show Tmac "backed down"?

Originally Posted by wttm

of course you can man up on D when Shaq got your back. Look at the stats Shaq had man, Im sure if Tmac had a big man or a secondary scorer to share the load he can dish it off to things would be different.
You mean like Yao?

Keep the excuses coming...

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

of course you can man up on D when Shaq got your back. Look at the stats Shaq had man, Im sure if Tmac had a big man or a secondary scorer to share the load he can dish it off to things would be different.
You mean like Yao?

Did you just say YAO?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yao Ming is nowhere NEAR what Shaq was with the Lakers.

Hell, Shaq is even better than a "prime" YAO right NOW! Check the games and stats if you don't believe me.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

u said this

When has T-Mac backed down from another player talking trash to him?
which is why the game VS the lakers VS kobe is bring up. who cares if kobe quit on his team that has NOTHING to do with tmac or trying to hide the fact of what tmac did is ok. i dont get what kobe did 2 years later of what happend THAT NIGHT and tmac quting on his magic team his last year there
You bringing that game up has NOTHING to do with what he asked you.
eyes.gif
He said when has Tmac backed down from another player TALKING TRASH to him?...And how does bringing up THAT game show Tmac "backed down"?

because when kobe started to play D on tmac and started yacking his gums tmac went MIA THATS BACKING DOWN. IE him saying tmac has never back down is wrongsince tmac did it that night in the 4th QTR

Originally Posted by OneTrust

You mean like Yao?

Did you just say YAO?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yao Ming is nowhere NEAR what Shaq was with the Lakers.

Hell, Shaq is even better than a "prime" YAO right NOW! Check the games and stats if you don't believe me.

The fact of the matter is all that I hear about T-Mac is if he had this, or or if had that, or if yada yada yada.
Excuses.
Excuses.
Excuses.

There's a time where you have to stop looking at everyone else and look at yourself.

You mean like Yao?

excuses? dude was comparing the T-Mac led Magic against the Shaq led Lakers with 4 hall of famers..........PLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASEEE. I'm noteven trying do A > B. why not post the clip where he shook Kobe out of his shoes then ?!
ill give Kobe the edge on defense even tho i think Kobe is overrated on D (1st team overall ?!) , but T-Mac can play as good defense as Kobe when he wantsto......but thats another topic for another day.

I #@*+%%! HATE when people make this arguement.
How the hell are you going to try and discredit someone because of who they played with?
Are you going to discredit MJ because he played with Pip?
Are you going to discredit Joe Montana because he played with Jerry Rice?

No your not, it's a stupid *!$ arguement.

is this a serious question? i'll have to say people will remember remember vc for the dunks because...other than that neither will be very memorable to me

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

I really cant decide. Tmac has a better offensive set of skills, while Vince is going to be known as the dunk king.
Really dont know. Its like comparing gold stars to a thumbs up to 10 points to see which is higher. Just cant decide
laugh.gif
this guy

i like vinces ability to score effortlessly, and used to watch him as a kid in toronto. even though i hate him i would have to go with vince. no one willremember there stats i can guarantee that. but they won't forget vince's dunks

i say vince will be remembered better, just because of his athletic ability/dunk contests.

but t mac is probably a better all around player.

You mean like Yao?

excuses? dude was comparing the T-Mac led Magic against the Shaq led Lakers with 4 hall of famers..........PLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASEEE. I'm not even trying do A > B. why not post the clip where he shook Kobe out of his shoes then ?!
ill give Kobe the edge on defense even tho i think Kobe is overrated on D (1st team overall ?!) , but T-Mac can play as good defense as Kobe when he wants to......but thats another topic for another day.

Yea, seriously, that game proves nothing. It's a lot easier to score 26 in the second half when you get single coverage due to the presence of Shaq,Malone, and Payton and have help double/triple teaming the one scoring option on the other team
grin.gif
Not to mention still BE in the game without scoring a FG in the first half.

I'll take Vince.

People are seriously underestimating Vince's all-around game because all they ever think about when someone mentions him are dunks...Vince was and stillhas an above average perimeter game, I'd say he rebounded pretty well for a guard/SF, and his passing ability is underrated too.

From the 2, i'd say Vince was more "clutch". He doesn't get to do it that often anymore but dude is reliable in crunch time. I won'tmention defense too much because neither played much of it anyway.

I hate how both these 2 had major injuries for a part of their careers...coz i think those injuries are what made both primarily jumpshooters today (although istill see vince takes it to the rack a lot more often than tracy). That's just bad luck.

I feel as if TMAC had a good 2-3 year run as one of the top players in the game but Vince has had a more steady, consistent career.

Originally Posted by mogzz04

I'll take Vince.

People are seriously underestimating Vince's all-around game because all they ever think about when someone mentions him are dunks...Vince was and still has an above average perimeter game, I'd say he rebounded pretty well for a guard/SF, and his passing ability is underrated too.

From the 2, i'd say Vince was more "clutch". He doesn't get to do it that often anymore but dude is reliable in crunch time. I won't mention defense too much because neither played much of it anyway.

I hate how both these 2 had major injuries for a part of their careers...coz i think those injuries are what made both primarily jumpshooters today (although i still see vince takes it to the rack a lot more often than tracy). That's just bad luck.

I feel as if TMAC had a good 2-3 year run as one of the top players in the game but Vince has had a more steady, consistent career.

VC was a top player no doubt, but playing in Canada gets him no exposure. (I'm from Toronto btwn)
It's getting better tho, with Bosh getting more recognition.

Obviously TMAC has more pure talents than VC.

If you don't see that, you need to get into basketball more.

Not that VC is not talented, but tracy is just that damn talented in terms of pure and gifted abilities and skill level.

He has everything over VC except for FT shooting and maybe athleticism by a little.

But VC might have done more than TMAC such as passing 1st round in the playoffs for example. lol

Vince not trying or not having love for the game might be the most overblown, exaggerated idea in the history of the NBA.

Yall are forgetting how good Vince was in Toronto. T-Mac has never had a duel in the playoffs with a top player like Vince had with AI. I honestly don'tremember any of T-Mac's playoff performances except when the Magic were up against the Pistons and then blew it. Vince had some great series with theRaptors against the Knicks, and Sixers and also with the Nets against Indiana. T-Mac may be naturally gifted but he just doesn't have that killer instinctthat Vince used to have in Toronto. They both are a shell of themselves right now, but overall Vince is better.

^u right at some stuff.

but tmac's playoffs performance is one of the greatest quite frankly.

and tmac in magic days > vc in toronto

like i said, vc did more than tmac cuz he passed 1st round.

but you really can't say vc is a better than tmac as a player just by looking at the talent level.

Back
Top Bottom