Who will win the Johan Santana sweepstakes?!?!?!

At this point is seems the teams in the running are:

Yankees, angels, dodgers, Bosox, mets!
I think it'll probably end up being the angels because they can offer matthews jr, prolly ervin santana, and some prospects. If the angels end up gettingJohan that team will win at least 2 of the next 5 W.S.

Yanks or the angels....But, what are the yanks gonna have to give up in order to get him??? Im guessing Melky, Joba, Phillip, and more....

I mean, I want the yanks to get him....But the price is going to be extrememly high....ESPECIALLY w/ Torii Hunter leaving....

... the same 5 damn teams that are in the running for every big name player in the league... who the hell do you think is gonna get him, anyonethat can afford him.. and that's about 5 teams, total in the league... damn shame we can't get some sort of cap in baseball already so somebody elsemight be able to afford a Santana someday.
eyes.gif

I'm sticking with the Evil Empire. Pretty much as usual.

Maybe the Twins can trade Johan to Anaheim for Torii Hunter.

^ Mets can't get him they don't have top notch prospects

Yankees can get Santana if they are willing to give up Hughes, Melky, Kennedy

LOL @ the Mets not having top notch prospects, they have some damn good ones in Lastings, Pelf, Mulvey, F Martinez, and even someone like Gomez.

With that said, I hope the Mets don't get him.....he will deplete the farm (we've developed some top players in baseball the past few yrs...word toWright, Reyes, Kazmir, etc) and they will have to overpay for him.

They should stick with getting either Haren from the A's, or tha young lefty from Baltimore, who had better stats than Santana last season (forgot his name@ the moment).

Santana is also at that age where the typical pitching injuries will occur the next few seasons.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

... the same 5 damn teams that are in the running for every big name player in the league... who the hell do you think is gonna get him, anyone that can afford him.. and that's about 5 teams, total in the league... damn shame we can't get some sort of cap in baseball already so somebody else might be able to afford a Santana someday.
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
salty much?

I dont wanna give up too much but i think we're gonna end up getting him.

Originally Posted by 27th4theHood

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

... the same 5 damn teams that are in the running for every big name player in the league... who the hell do you think is gonna get him, anyone that can afford him.. and that's about 5 teams, total in the league... damn shame we can't get some sort of cap in baseball already so somebody else might be able to afford a Santana someday.
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
salty much?

I dont wanna give up too much but i think we're gonna end up getting him.

Very salty.. my small-market teams still have a ton more championships than all those teams in your sig though, so i guess life ain't that bad..
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

He actually has a point. We've known this about MLB for years. Being a fan of those 5 teams would be fun though.

MLB revenues continue to climb so i dont really feel sorry for any owners, but when you have the same couple teams overpaying to get what they want (becausethey can), you then see the domino effect when the next player has to be signed by midlevel teams. They cant be afforded. And it keeps going. Following the NFLand NBA is so much more fun IMO cause it doesnt matter if you are in the smallest NBA city, you are basically on the same playing field.

I'll continue to root against the Evil Empire(s) though, makes the game at least fun that way.

I agree with a salary cap being necessary in MLB.

Definitely.

Yes, that would affect my team, because we've been one of the top spenders sine our World Series championship (over the S.F. Giants, in 7 games, in 2002,with the Giants holding a late inning lead in Game 6, up 3-2 n the series).

But a salary cap would provide a more fair playing field, and I'm all for that.

That being said: he'll be a Yankee.

Back
Top Bottom