Who wins the bread in your relationship/household Vol. Is that a world tour or your girls tour?

I don't have a problem with it. My wife worked her *** off to get into her dream dental school. She put in work to get to where she's at now. She makes like triple what I make and I don't have a problem. She worked to get to where she wanted.who am I to take that from her.

Bruh... I personally know dudes who budget and finance better off of $30k/year then guys I know making over $100k/year.

I wish my girl made more than me. Outside of my dad and one of my uncles, I am the top earner on my side family. Its a little stressful at 23. You get used to hearing a lot of "I wish I was rich like you" or "I could use a couple hundred for this rent, HAHA just kidding, unless..." type of comments.

This is my situation. I'm making more than my cousin with a masters degree and almost every other cousin. At the end of my apprenticeship I'll be making more than most of my uncles and old man. It annoys me when they bring up how much I make and say they wish they made as much as me. Go out there and make as much as me damnit.

Damn some of y'all dudes winners with wives making 100k+

lmao while some people's wives don't even make breakfast.

**** just be on twittergram talking about tiger's relationship and ****

but i would be all for my girl making more than me.

but then again i make enough to keep my head up high. 

Last edited:
Some of you dudes sound MAD INSECURE with not liking a Woman to make more than you.

If a Woman makes more... I'm COMPLETELY FINE with that. That's Dope! In fact... I would always hope that's the case!

If you're worried about her Ego going through the Roof (which on many women who make good guap, IT CAN)... just make sure you're doing well enough to not have to spend a dime of her money. That way, she has less room to talk.

But I guess, I do understand where some are coming from... NOTHING is Bigger & More Fragile than a Woman's Ego.
mean.gif

My wife is the breadwinner in our household. She has a career making $100k+ and I work a PT gig at night but still bring in about $3k every month. I watch our kids during the day and do SAHD duties. I absolutely have no problem that she makes more since I get to stay home with the kids. I wouldn't trade it for anything to have a chance to watch my kids.
Now, THIS... I don't quite understand as much, but different strokes for different folks, I guess.

As long as it doesn't drag out to a Man still staying at home and his Kids are in School... then, I guess I get it.
grin.gif

I'm hoping my girl can get to at least 40. Combining that with my income and how the economy is where we live we could flourish b. Can't wait til she done with these classes.

My wife makes about $20k more than me but at the end of the day our money is still going towards OUR mortgage and savings/retirement.

It's a healthy competition that will always motivate the both of us.

Where my single brothers at doe?

How good does it feel when we drop 3 thou' on a new 4k plasma tv and not have to worry about having to budget that with some dinner for the Ms.?

You married dudes are missing out mang

Another thing. What's your take on "girls night out"? If your in a marriage, should there even be a girls night out? We all know that every wife has that one *** friend who wakes up in a new bed every morning. Would you let your wife hang around that? If you cut off girls night for your wife, would you be upset if she tells you you can't hang out with the guys?
What's even up with respecting your elders? F'em. 

How good does it feel when we drop 3 thou' on a new 4k plasma tv and not have to worry about having to budget that with some dinner for the Ms.?

You're commenting on a thread that is specific to people in relationships.

You might find that there's a lack of single people reading this.

As for dinner...I much prefer dinner with my wife rather than a solo TV dinner in front of my new "3 thou' plasma".

Last edited:
To my NTers in relationships, who brings the money to your household? Would you be ok with your significant other bringing in the bread and bacon to the table, while you bring in chump change and/or stay home and hold fort and make sure everything is clean and tidy by the time your girl gets home?

Me, as a man, I would feel a way if my wife was making double the amount of money I made. I'm used to bringing in the dough, and breaking bread at the roundtable making sure everybody eats and gets their piece of the pie. Now let's say I'm making 90k, and my wife is making 150k, that's fine because we both doing well for ourselves. Now if shes making 120k, and I'm making 25k, i might be going through some emotions.
How do you guys view this topic. I know it's a lot of you all on here making good salaries, so I just wanna know.

Another thing. What's your take on "girls night out"? If your in a marriage, should there even be a girls night out? We all know that every wife has that one *** friend who wakes up in a new bed every morning. Would you let your wife hang around that? If you cut off girls night for your wife, would you be upset if she tells you you can't hang out with the guys?

Currently my chick makes more than double than me. It's only temporary while I'm in training so it's all good. I could never be the stay at home type though.

Word.

It may be shallow but my chick's career definitely plays a role in my desire to lock her down.

Given the goals I have for long-term living (house size and location, vacations, cars) I can't imagine being with someone who won't make six figures

So because of his limited income, that means he can't budget and keep his finance in order?
breh, you gotta have finances TO keep in order before you budgeting and keeping them in order 
8k is more than sufficient.

I live at home so no rent, no electric, no water, no gas/heat bills. Mom pays for my cellphone, have insurance from both parents.

I don't own a car (NYC >) so there's no gas or insurance to worry about.

My money is really for my own personal use so yea..I'd say 8k is pretty sufficient.

Taxes are in order. I pay about 100 a month in student loans.

So yea...you can still organize, budget, plan, etc. even with a low income.

No matter how little you make, any plan > no plan.

My one issue has been saving. I was saving pretty consistently using that # of week = savings of week thing we were doing on NT. I got side tracked and lost focus for about the last 2-3 months so my savings are not where they should be. But I'm back on the wagon now.

Last edited:
Spoke about this on me and my groups YouTube project. It depends on the amount of money being brought in by both parties. The bread winner will be a male's role for eternity, even if the woman makes more money.

You're commenting on a thread that is specific to people in relationships.

You might find that there's a lack of single people reading this.

As for dinner...I much prefer dinner with my wife rather than a solo TV dinner in front of my new "3 thou' plasma".

you missed the "household" part....ka-booom

How did you pass reading in High School?

i got 2 4k plasma tv and move how i wanna move bc i have 2 incomes.

2 incomes > 1

all day long.

:lol: at not being able to buy a TV because I'm married.

If you've never been married, a) you probably shouldn't speak on it and b) not all married couples operate the same.

I have my money. My wife has hers. I pay for some ****. She pays for some ****. And we make it work.

And if I have the bread, I can but whatever I want. Including a gang of **** she doesn't really approve of :lol:

The only joint account we have is to dump money in to transfer over to our kids college fund.

Last edited:
To my NTers in relationships, who brings the money to your household? Would you be ok with your significant other bringing in the bread and bacon to the table, while you bring in chump change and/or stay home and hold fort and make sure everything is clean and tidy by the time your girl gets home?

Me, as a man, I would feel a way if my wife was making double the amount of money I made. I'm used to bringing in the dough, and breaking bread at the roundtable making sure everybody eats and gets their piece of the pie. Now let's say I'm making 90k, and my wife is making 150k, that's fine because we both doing well for ourselves. Now if shes making 120k, and I'm making 25k, i might be going through some emotions.
How do you guys view this topic. I know it's a lot of you all on here making good salaries, so I just wanna know.

you missed the "household" part....ka-booom

How did you pass reading in High School?

I didn't miss the household part. You clearly missed the "relationship" and "significant other" references though.

I just assumed that you weren't childish enough to be bragging about a "3 thou" TV purchase if you're still living with your parents (household).

While we're on the topic of middle school....how did you get past the third grade "mang"?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom