who would win vol.....wit da hands

aight after seeing that vid above i'm convinced i ain't about that mountain gorilla life

magilla would come in with the quickness and treat my head like a ping pong ball

Any of you guys have examples of gorilla strength. All I see is "you must not know how strong a gorilla is". :lol:

I dont even think 200 people could knock out a gorilla using just hands.

Yall really must not know how damn strong that thing is.
a skull is a skull. nobody is saying in a one on one boxing match. but if Tyson punched a gorilla full strength in the back of the head, yore saying that would do nothing?

dudes hand would be shattered. do you know how thick a gorilla skull is?

Didnt we have this convo b4 tho?

Or was that how many toddlers could we take on? :lol:

Or was it 50 gorillas vs 500 men?? I can't remember it was from years ago tho

I believe it was 10 Gorillas vs. 100 Brock Lesnars or something like that :lol: I also remember the 500 Chihuahuas vs. 1 Tiger

Y'all saying a polar bear can beat a gorilla [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] Do y'all know how great a gorillas biteforce is??? Are y'all aware of how dexterous and intelligent gorillas are????? This thread preposterous. Some of these answers/scenarios are dog balls hilarious [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Bottom line : a single silverback >>>>>>>>>> 1000 Chuck Norris'

A silverback >>>>>>>>> a polar bear

Last edited:
Y'all saying a polar bear can beat a gorilla [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] Do y'all know how great a gorillas biteforce is??? Are y'all aware of how dexterous and intelligent gorillas are????? This thread preposterous. Some of these answers/scenarios are dog balls hilarious [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Bottom line : a single silverback >>>>>>>>>> 1000 Chuck Norris'

A silverback >>>>>>>>> a polar bear
I would order that on PPV. Full Don King price and everything

he pealed that banana tree like it was a banana 
sick.gif

1 chimp is 5-7 times stronger than an adult human.

Read here to see how strong they are http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2009/02/how_strong_is_a_chimpanzee.html

A 165 lbs chimp pulled 847 lbs........with 1 arm.

A female at 135 lbs pulled 1,260 lbs.......with 1 arm.

Can't even imagine a SBG's strengh.

Did you even read the article?

:lol:

The 5-7 times number was tested in the 1920s

SCIENCE
THE STATE OF THE UNIVERSE.
FEB. 25 2009 3:43 PM
How Strong Is a Chimpanzee?
The bone-crushing power of the apes has been greatly exaggerated.

By John Hawks
Travis the Chimp in an Old Navy commercial. Click image to expand.
Travis the Chimp in an Old Navy commercial
After last week's chimpanzee attack in Connecticut, in which an animal named Travis tore off the face of a middle-aged woman, primate experts interviewed by the media repeated an old statistic: Chimpanzees are five to eight times stronger than people. The literature—or at least 19th-century literature—concurs: Edgar Allan Poe's fictional orangutan was able to hurl bodies and pull off scalps. Edgar Rice Burroughs' fictional anthropoid apes were likewise possessed of remarkable strength. Even Jules Verne's gentle ape, Jupiter, had the muscle to drag a stuck wagon from the mire.

Pulled scalps? Unstuck wagons? No doubt, chimpanzees are different from us. Their climbing lifestyle accentuates the need for arm strength. A chimp on four legs can easily outrun a world-class human sprinter. But it sounds extreme to suggest that humans are only an eighth as strong as chimpanzees. Consider that a large human can bench-press 250 pounds. If the "five to eight times" figure were true, that would make a large chimpanzee capable of bench-pressing 1 ton. It's just the sort of factoid the zoo staff might tell you to keep you from knocking on the glass.

Advertisement

The suspicious claim seems to have originated in a flapper-era study conducted by a biologist named John Bauman. Poe's story of the scalp-pulling orangutan struck Bauman as being "grotesquely impossible." In 1923, he noted that every expert in the field believed apes were vastly stronger than humans—yet none had ever tried to prove it. So he packed up a device used to measure pull strength, called a dynamometer, and set out for the Bronx Zoo.

The apes were less-than-willing participants in the study. They were more apt to tear apart the shiny dynamometer than pull on it, and, unless the ape had a "distinctly vicious disposition," she was unlikely to approach the experimental task with much vigor. Bauman managed to rig his device outside the cage, feeding in a rope for the apes to work on. Then, amazingly, one of the Bronx chimpanzees—a former circus ape named Suzette—managed to pull 1,260 pounds.

Bauman took his study on the road, attempting tests at the Philadelphia Zoo and making inquiries as far afield as Chicago and Cincinnati. In 1926, he returned to the Bronx Zoo, successfully testing the largest chimpanzee then in captivity. That animal, named Boma, pulled 847 pounds one-handed.

How did that compare with humans? As a college teacher in South Dakota, Bauman did what any good scientist would do: He recruited the football team as research subjects. He found that not one of his "husky lads" could pull more than 500 pounds with both hands, and only one had a one-handed pull above 200. What's more, the football players were free to use the dynamometer as they wished, while the chimpanzees had been forced to pull the apparatus from a clumsy posture in their cages. It appeared that chimpanzees really could be more than five times stronger than humans.

Thus the number entered the anthropology textbooks and made its way into the talking points of recent primatologists like Jane Goodall and Sue Savage-Rumbaugh.

But the "five times" figure was refuted 20 years after Bauman's experiments. In 1943, Glen Finch of the Yale primate laboratory rigged an apparatus to test the arm strength of eight captive chimpanzees. An adult male chimp, he found, pulled about the same weight as an adult man. Once he'd corrected the measurement for their smaller body sizes, chimpanzees did turn out to be stronger than humans—but not by a factor of five or anything close to it.

Repeated tests in the 1960s confirmed this basic picture. A chimpanzee had, pound for pound, as much as twice the strength of a human when it came to pulling weights. The apes beat us in leg strength, too, despite our reliance on our legs for locomotion. A 2006 study found that bonobos can jump one-third higher than top-level human athletes, and bonobo legs generate as much force as humans nearly two times heavier.

We're still left to wonder how Bauman managed to be so far off in his calculations. The biologist himself thought that his subjects' agitation contributed to their exceptional pulls—like an adrenaline-charged mother lifting a bus off her newborn. Later scientists tended to focus on his clumsy measurement procedure.

View media item 1222138
Calm down , bro.

It wasnt even bait.(Polar bears have white Fur)

If you can even actually think of a legit way to turn this into a race thread, you are smarter than me.

Gorillas are built to kill, humans are built to read books.

BUT

The bible says humans rule over all animals so ......

Back
Top Bottom