Who's is gonna watch the BET Awards now?

Originally Posted by TD The God

What part of the game IS THIS..... Tomorrow I start an online petition to end BET as a station

at least they play music unlike MTV which is 90% of the time on some ayooo stuff or playing shows that have nothing to do with music

you big dummy wrote:

Dave Chappelle is RIGHT yet again....
tired.gif

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

Word.

Highlights of this abomination show

- Ne-Yo (might as well call it the Ne-Yo award show. Dude came to prove his fanship to MJ)
- Beyonce's legs
- Jay Camel DOA Performance
- T-Pain's Big #%$ Chain
- Zoe Salana
- Alica Keys lookin all oiled up
- Ciara
- Soulja Boy, Keri Hilson, and New Edition never returning back to the stage

Biggest mysteries of the night
- The circumference of Amber Rose's massive Cowboys Stadium dome. Good lord Amber Rose's head rivals Jason Kidd's son.
- If Trey Songz can read
- Why Tia and Toya are breathing
- How MJ is the reason why LeBron plays basketball
- Joe Jackson in general

And I guess Beyonce was performing at the Italian BET Awards.

why Joe Jackson look like a Krogan from the game Mass Effect? (google Krogan)

joekrogan.jpg

-The Juice

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Candidate for post of the year[/color]

smh at all the shows they were advertising, the pay my bills game show, lilwaynes ex and that gorilla, frankie and whatever that other girl's name is, whowatches this crap, like honestly whats wrong with bet, it actually makes me mad
mad.gif

How come every advertisement was a liquor company?

Im glad i never watch tv, ill just tribute michael myself because they didnt do #@$*.

-what happened to Chris Breezy?
-what was so
pimp.gif
about that Jay performance
eyes.gif

-all u guys bashing the awards, what were you really expecting?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sloanboy

they could have found somebody better than new edition to do that jackson five song

probably, but I think they've probably done that routine before.
what was that drake weezy tribute to michael, bringing in them underaged kids?

Now I am a huge critic of BET but I must say this was a well put together awards show. Let me bring some objectivity to the discussion since hate seems to bethe "in" thing to do. First off bringing back New Edition to open up with a Jackson 5 song was a great introduction. Jamie Foxx was great throughoutthe whole show. He was the perfect person to host this awards show. No one would have done better than him. From his comedy to his singing to providingfluidity with the show.

BET for the first time in a long time highighted black people having success without having a ball or mic in their hands. I thought the snippet of of Baby Boywas extremely funny and showed that its not where you start its where you finish. Who would have thought that taraji and tyrese who starred in Baby Boy wouldone day be up for an Academy Award and tyrese be in Transformers. Seeing Guy as well as Keith Sweat was nice as well not to mention BBD. It is called the 2009BET Awards not the Michael Jackson Tribute Show. BET opened up with a Jackson 5 song, Ciara, Neyo as well as Jamie Foxx all did songs to pay tribute toMichael. I have never heard "Lady in my life" covered better than what Neyo did. What more did you want? Not to mention every award recipient gavethanks to mike as well as his family. BET also let Janet speak on behalf of the family. Even the CEO spoke highly of him and his family.

Tevin Campbell as well as J.Gill, Tyrese and Trey Songs covered classic O'jay songs. Tevin Campbell was that dude back in the early 90's. BET alsogave awards to wyclef and alicia keys for their humitarian work while also raising awareness to situations internationally. Maxwell did he thang as usual.
The downside to the show was Beyonce and K. Cole performances. I have no clue what song Beyonce did and don't nobody want to hear another depressing songfrom K.Cole & Monica. About the upcoming BET shows, why wouldn't BET market them during their biggest broadcast of the year? While Tiny & Toya maynot be my cup of tea I didn't see an outrage on this board when MTV began promoting 16 & pregnant. Sounds a little hypocritcal. McDonald'scommericals air on every station why is advertising on BET any different. Its not stereotypical. Everybody hear eats fast food black people included. Theediting was sketchy toward the end but nothing was said that would not be on FX or Comedy Central. Having children out there while YM peformed "EveryGirl" was not the best look either.

Alot of the criticism imo is coming from yall that can't even vote. You don't think NE or Tevin Campbell or Keith Sweat or Maxwell didn't deserveto be on the show, go do some research and get back to me. Imo a lot of people received the award show negatively b/c they were pessimistic to begin with. Ihear people on here saying they want to sign a petition to end BET. That should have started when shows like Hell Date and Hot Ghetto Mess was on.

At the end of day, as a black man that considers himself social aware and that repeated rips BET, I must say I was proud of what I seen tonight. Yallrepresented.

So I watched the Wayne, Drake, etc. performance on Youtube...BET should just sign off tonight. That was on par with a metal coat hanger abortion.

I agree the show was wack, but in fairness to BET, they had one, maybe two days to put together the tribute to MJ. Show was already planned out but with the MJnews, they had to change the whole show. I thought one of the better tributes to MJ was when artists before the commercial shared their memories and influenceof Michael.

Only highlights:

Jay performance
Drake by himself
Ne-Yo

Back
Top Bottom