Who's the NBA's next megastar in around 5 years?

I'm confused at Steph not being a megastar. 52.8% of his shots in the 2015 playoffs were 3pt FG's and he shot 42% from three - and didn't win NBA Finals MVP because it's called NBA Finals MVP and not NBA Playoffs MVP.

In the 2015 regular season:

- He was No. 2 in FGM, and not in the Top 20 for 2-Pt FGA.

- He was 1st in FT% (91.4)

- He was 6th in PPG, 6th in APG, and 4th in SPG, 3rd in PER, 15th in defensive win shares (he's not somebody who should be known for his defense, but he's come a LONG way since his frail-framed rookie season in that regard).

Since you're not in favor of him being Top 5-15 in every category imaginable for a guard, my guess is you think being mixed is an advantage. :lol:

Pretty sure he's talking about appeal as a marketable athlete, and not what you said at all.

Pretty sure he's talking about appeal as a marketable athlete, and not what you said at all.

Steph? Nah. He just won a title and grandmothers don't know him. He will be lucky to EVER see another finals, so this might be his peak. Might be, I don't know, but it COULD be his peak.

Last edited:
Curry has alot the prerequisites required to a be megastar already....winning championships....winning MVPs.....plays in a large market....very likable.....someone fans can identify with..... national TV ads.

Last edited:
I'm confused at Steph not being a megastar. 52.8% of his shots in the 2015 playoffs were 3pt FG's and he shot 42% from three - and didn't win NBA Finals MVP because it's called NBA Finals MVP and not NBA Playoffs MVP.

In the 2015 regular season:

- He was No. 2 in FGM, and not in the Top 20 for 2-Pt FGA.

- He was 1st in FT% (91.4)

- He was 6th in PPG, 6th in APG, and 4th in SPG, 3rd in PER, 15th in defensive win shares (he's not somebody who should be known for his defense, but he's come a LONG way since his frail-framed rookie season in that regard). All of these stats aren't out of nowhere. Go back to the 2013-14 season, and see where he ranks on the very same leader boards.

Since you're not in favor of him being Top 5-15 in every category imaginable for a guard, my guess is you think being mixed is an advantage. :lol:

Has little to do with whether he'll become a megastar. Superstar basketball player? He's already that. But "mega"star? Well that kind of transcends the basketball aspect of things and in that regard, he hasn't shown some of the things that I would think is necessary to become a megastar.

But he's already won, everyone loves him, fair skin, relative average size, extremely marketable, I could see it happening with him

Last edited:
Blake
Steph

I'm sure im missing a few potentially but when I think of future megastars they are the first to come to mind.

My point was marketability comes with success. He won't see this much success ever again in his career. We can bet on it if you want

So you were talking about marketability after all?
I was.

I am saying to be a megastar you have toi

Win

Be a great player

Be popular

Steph is a great player

He won as much this year as he ever will be

He is popular

Because he already won a ring, and is not a MEGAstar, I can't see how he would become a megastar at any point. Because I don't see his team winning another ring.

So you were talking about marketability after all?
I was.

I am saying to be a megastar you have toi

Win

Be a great player

Be popular

Steph is a great player

He won as much this year as he ever will be

He is popular

Because he already won a ring, and is not a MEGAstar, I can't see how he would become a megastar at any point. Because I don't see his team winning another ring.
its about winning multiple rings

1 ring = possible fluke

if you can repeat then you're a superstar

1 ring = possible fluke

I wouldn't consider Tim Duncan a megastar by any stretch though.

Superstar just means you are one of the best players in the NBA. He is that. Sure

Transcending sport, nah. Not popularity wise

1 ring = possible fluke

I wouldn't consider Tim Duncan a megastar by any stretch though.

Superstar just means you are one of the best players in the NBA. He is that. Sure

Transcending sport, nah. Not popularity wise
well yeah its about all the other factors you brought up as well

tim duncan is for the most part a boring player and a boring personality playing for a boring small market team

my counter to your reasoning behind steph being a mega star now is that if he truly was a mega star he would be able to maintain last year's production and hype for another 3-4 years. Personally I think that he will continue to improve and become a mega star but im not crowing him yet. 

Blake...hell nah winning is the number one requisite and he's never going to do that as long as he's with the Clippers. 

This guy 
laugh.gif
 okay

Grandmothers know who Steph curry is.

Hell mines even knows who his daughter is now

Last edited:
The Warriors dominated last season and they have the same exact young core coming back there's no reason to believe they aren't the overwhelming favorites to win the NBA championship.

The Warriors dominated last season and they have the same exact young core coming back there's no reason to believe they aren't the overwhelming favorites to win the NBA championship.
There actually is. They aren't the betting favorite at all; the amount of health they were able to have relative to the competition is not likely to duplicate itself again either. 

laugh.gif
 at Jemele thinking Steph is bi-racial. 

Last edited:
There seems like a few good reasons the Warriors aren't the overwhelming favorites to win the title again this year.

another reason why steph is not a megastar, no one thinks he's the best player in the league 

You don't have to be the best player in the league to be a superstar or someone whose reach is beyond basketball. Just one of the best. Chris Paul is definitely a name people know. Carmelo, Blake, Wade.

Last edited:
You don't have to be the best player in the league to be a superstar or someone whose reach is beyond basketball. Just one of the best. Chris Paul is definitely a name people know. Carmelo, Blake, Wade.
Superstar and Megastar are different tiers, Steph ain't there yet KD should be next in line but he can't decide who he wants to be. 

I'd say KD is already considered a megastar. His personal brand and on court success can't really go any higher than it is. He's the biggest star in the game outside of Lebron.

Back
Top Bottom