Who's the NBA's next megastar in around 5 years?

And your A.I. love is inflating his legend a bit. Every time some one brings up Iverson when you point out how he was one of the worst volume shooters of all time, the deflection goes into the heart argument and the cultural impact. Not that analytics are the end all be all but they do take some of the emotion out of the analysis.

I've never used that argument. I see people use that "cultural impact" argument when they talk about influence and superstardom.

To me, AI in his prime was one of the 5-10 best players in the game. I understood he was a volume shooter. Part of it was because it was his nature, part of it was the iso ball era, and part of it was due to the personnel, early 00's team building and the offense.

But if you were alive and watched AI in his prime and thought he got carried to the finals and was overrated as a player....I can't take you seriously.

That's cool if you believe that at wavycrocket I agree to disagree .
I don't do that "no one else believes that " ... Just cause an opinion is un popular doesn't make it not true .i watched all those series as well . My take on it was a a teAm and that was custom made for a.is game went on a finals trip in a weak conference .
They played d , rebounded and gave the ball to a.i which is what he wanted . Sure iverson was the best offensive player but that sixers team was far from trash as people like to say it was

Overrated doesn't mean dude was trash . You can be a great player and overrated .

Last edited:
Who said he got carried? We said he didn't carry the team in the way you romanticized it. They had two other good players and a HOF coach that made it work. Hell he almost got traded that year cause Larry wasn't having his BS.

He's slightly overrated in the sense that he was never the best player in the league not even 1 year while he was playing as many of his fans have sworn he was. Was wildly inefficient even at a time even nobody really payed attention to analytics like now, and outside of that one run in 01 really didn't do anything in the playoffs until he got traded to Denver.

Who said he got carried? We said he didn't carry the team in the way you romanticized it. They had two other good players and a HOF coach that made it work. Hell he almost got traded that year cause Larry wasn't having his BS.

He's slightly overrated in the sense that he was never the best player in the league not even 1 year while he was playing as many of his fans have sworn he was. Was wildly inefficient even at a time even nobody really payed attention to analytics like now, and outside of that one run in 01 really didn't do anything in the playoffs until he got traded to Denver.

Lakersman just said Iverson is the most overrated player in NBA history.....that's how all this started. His quote below. That's nonsense. If your level headed, you can admit that.
pound for pound iverson is the most overrated player to play in the nba...... stats, accolades when the east was trash and its always " he carried the sixers" that one lucky year he had in 01 but when you look deeper into his team you realize the team defensively carried him and was far from the "trash" that people say it was to make iverson look better then he was.

Team was top defensive team and middle of the pack on offense . So if a basketball team is a great defensive team and mediocre offensive team who Carried who ?

Yes iverson is the most overrated in NBA history . Name someone more overrated then him ?

Last edited:
Team was top defensive team and middle of the pack on offense . So if a basketball team is a great defensive team and mediocre offensive team who Carried who ?

Yes iverson is the most overrated in NBA history . Name someone more overrated then him ?

MVP MVP

Case in point....

:smh:

Ok. Maybe that's a tad too much. I think Chris Paul has that title locked down.

Hell yea there's multiple dudes on here that say he's the 2nd best PG of all time B? ALL-TIME!!! A.I. ain't at that level of hyperbole.

I say nothing but facts they were a top defensive team . How mutumbo out rebounded everyone in the playoffs . Yet you all just spit the popular opinions

Hell yea there's multiple dudes on here that say he's the 2nd best PG of all time B? ALL-TIME!!! A.I. ain't at that level of hyperbole.
After thinking about I'll have to agree with you . Cp is more overrated then a.i . Might of been a overstatement but a.i is up there

No I'm just over the super hater stuff...you're still on.
hate naw. dont hate iverson. dislike how overrated he is ,
yes. i just call em how i see em.

i hate lebron. iverson was at least a real dude even if i wasnt a fan of his game. ......

Last edited:
pound for pound iverson is the most overrated player to play in the nba...... stats, accolades when the east was trash and its always " he carried the sixers" that one lucky year he had in 01 but when you look deeper into his team you realize the team defensively carried him and was far from the "trash" that people say it was to make iverson look better then he was.
Well, he's a career 26 ppg player.

He's a league MVP.

He's a 4x scoring champ. 

Finals appearance.

He's like a 13 time all star. 

in 04-05' he averaged 31 and 8 with 4 boards and 2 steals. The very next season (05'-06') he averaged 33 points and 7 assist. The year after that, he was averaging 31 a night before he got traded.

Where you rank him, who carried who, etc. that's preferece. What I just posted is flat out facts. I don't even know where you rank AI so I don't know how you're calling him overrated. The facts I just posted though, are out of this world. I mean I don't know, I can't call someone "overrated" who did that. But if you want to call that overrated go right ahead.

Last edited:
What's the reference point of Allen Iverson being overrated? Like is it his place in the top of all time? Top 2 guards ever? What are we talking about? He's overrated in reference to what?

Well, he's a career 26 ppg player.

He's a league MVP.

He's a 4x scoring champ. 

Finals appearance.

in 04-05' he averaged 31 and 8 with 4 boards and 2 steals. The very next season (05'-06') he averaged 33 points and 7 assist. The year after that, he was averaging 31 a night before he got traded.

Where you rank him, who carried who, etc. that's preferece. What I just posted is flat out facts. I don't even know where you rank AI so I don't know how you're calling him overrated. The facts I just posted though, are out of this world. I mean I don't know, I can't call someone "overrated" who did that.
hes like top a 6 or 7 sg to me... never said he wasnt a great player. great players can be overrated dont get why the concept is so hard to grasp. i think steve nash was overrated doesnt mean he wasnt a great player. regarded higher then they should , be in my opinion. 

Last edited:

hes like top 6 sg to me... never said he wasnt a great player. great players can be overrated dont get why the concept is so hard to grasp. i think steve nash was overrated doesnt mean he wasnt a great player. regarded higher then they should be in my opinion. 
Bro how is he overrated though? On what criteria? You're saying he's overrated without bringing actual reference points. Are we talking in respect to top two guards? Top all time?

Did you see someone in this thread call him the best 2 guard of all time or something to call him "overrated?" For one to be overrated, he has to be rated too highly on a certain scale, list, or something. You can't just say he's overrated. That doesn't make sense. 

laugh.gif
 this is so dumb to me man. You can't make a blanket statement like "Allen Iverson" is overrated without a reference point. Point blank period. 

Back
Top Bottom