Who's the NBA's next megastar in around 5 years?

Bro how is he overrated though? On what criteria? You're saying he's overrated without bringing actual reference points. Are we talking in respect to top two guards? Top all time?

Did you see someone in this thread call him the best 2 guard of all time or something to call him "overrated?" For one to be overrated, he has to be rated too highly on a certain scale, list, or something. You can't just say he's overrated. That doesn't make sense. 
 he didnt carry that sixers team. when people say he carried them thats overrating him and i already stated that. .  

laugh.gif
 this is so dumb to me man. You can't make a blanket statement like "Allen Iverson" is overrated without a reference point. Point blank period. 
i already did.

i said when people say he carried a trash team to the finals , thats overrating him because he didnt and i already posted stats  pertaining to that. 

Last edited:

he didnt carry that sixers team. when people say he carried them thats overrating him and i already stated that. .  

i already did. i said when people say he carried a trash team to the finals , thats overrating him because he didnt and i already posted facts pertaining to that. 
So he's overrated because you're saying he didn't carry the sixers team to the finals? Uhhh okay 
laugh.gif

He still put up 31 a night on a 56 win team, won the league mvp and was the best player on that finals team. Those are the facts. Who carried who is conjecture and subjective at best. 

So he's overrated because you're saying he didn't carry the sixers team to the finals? Uhhh okay 
laugh.gif

He still put up 31 a night on a 56 win team, won the league mvp and was the best player on that finals team. Those are the facts. Who carried who is conjecture and subjective at best. 
and the facts are he couldnt win. he never won anything

. facts are they

were a better defensive team then they were offensively. thats not subjective . those are facts. 
laugh.gif
..hes a volume shooter. more facts. 

dikembe outrebounded everyone by nearly x2 those playoffs. they were a gritty team. without mutombo to rebound iversons bricks he gets nowhere. 

Last edited:
Allen Iverson shot 42 percent that season..which isn't bad for back to the period.

Kobe shot 43 percent for the 2004 and 2005 seasons.

I just don't like the hype train phenomena the media and some fans are doing. When Lebron won his 1st championship with Miami, suddenly some people like Pat Riley, Charles Barkley says he would be the best ever to play this game. After he lost the finals in 2013, many made a u-turn and suddenly, Lebron is again rather a super talent but not a winner type. Then Stephen Curry was overall quite good but not exceptional in his first 4 years and suddenly after his MVP season and title, some suddenly say he might be at the same level of Michael Jordan...
Sorry, but you can only compare a player when they ended their career.
Players like Magic, Bird, MJ, Shaq, Iverson, Lebron were stars/super stars since their rookie seasons.
While Curry surely will have his spot as a future hall of famer, I doubt he would be rated higher than Kobe Bryant or Lebron James in the future, unless he repeats his MVP form for at least 5 more years and add some titles.
At the moment, Stephen Currys international popularity has not reached what T-Mac and Vince Carter achieved. And both actually didn't win a title im their career.

AI didn't win a ship but you can't take away what he did on the court.  He was a straight up beast...5'10'' 150-160 with no fear.  Not to mention when MJ retired...I'd say he was the icon for a lot of hoopers during that time.  How many people, not just basketball players, were walking around with tattoos and cornrows?? He was no MJ, but AI was NICE.

As far as Curry...he is playing out of his mind and is turning into the face of the NBA (squeakly clean image, winner, etc.)  However, if you line up all the stars in the league and start a team I might still pick LBJ, AD and KD before him.  It's no disrespect to Steph, but I just don't know if he could carry a team the way LBJ or some of these other greats have.  

**** the fan talk. He's regarded as a legend by his own peers and will be a 1st ballot hall of famer.

I think you could argue that he is the most popular athlete in the world right now...definitely in the USA.

Up there with Neymar, Messi, etc.

I don't even know what Neymar looks like

You're in a small minority worldwide...

Only Lebron and Kobe who have had established brands for over a decade can come close to comparing to the popularity of global megastars like those guys and Cristiano Ronaldo

Last edited:
Let some of these Steph slurpers tell it Steph> Jordan. Lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom