whos working on black friday? update howd it go?

7am-4pm....Wal-Mart....FTL......welpz...atleast...imma stay till 11pm.....get that good ol' overtime............

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Originally Posted by kidUFC

4 day weekend for me
pimp.gif
me too
happy.gif
Seniors skip day wednesday FTW?

This is my 4th Black Friday at Best Buy.... they always tell me I'll get a 12 hour shift, never have I had longer than 10. This year is 10.5.

Even as a full timer now and last year it's only 10.5. Even though being there at 3AM is rough, its goes by fast as hell. Before you know it, it's 9 am, time for lunch. Get back and almost ready to leave.

It'll be nothing compared to working 6pm-6am 2 weeks ago Just loading up trucks. (We just moved to a new location.) And then working a few 12 hour shifts back to back.

This is my 4th Black Friday at Best Buy.... they always tell me I'll get a 12 hour shift, never have I had longer than 10. This year is 10.5.

Even as a full timer now and last year it's only 10.5. Even though being there at 3AM is rough, its goes by fast as hell. Before you know it, it's 9 am, time for lunch. Get back and almost ready to leave.

It'll be nothing compared to working 6pm-6am 2 weeks ago Just loading up trucks. (We just moved to a new location.) And then working a few 12 hour shifts back to back.

Normal all-day shift at a sushi restaurant. Hopefully everyone stays shopping all day so we can chill..

Normal all-day shift at a sushi restaurant. Hopefully everyone stays shopping all day so we can chill..

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I used to work at Best Buy and I worked a black friday (worked there for a little under a year) and that's definitely something I don't miss at all...I'm 23 and worked retail jobs every year from 18-22..This is my first Black Friday that I'm not working and it feels incredible
pimp.gif

Sleeping in the morning after Thanksgiving FTW 
happy.gif

tell me about it.   this is my second straight year not working retail after working it every year from 2002-08.  it feels good sleeping in the day after thanksgiving and enjoying your day. ill head out to the malls later in the day to do some shopping but that's about it.

to those working on friday, i know how it is, if you have cool coworkers and a decent supervisor it's not so bad though.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I used to work at Best Buy and I worked a black friday (worked there for a little under a year) and that's definitely something I don't miss at all...I'm 23 and worked retail jobs every year from 18-22..This is my first Black Friday that I'm not working and it feels incredible
pimp.gif

Sleeping in the morning after Thanksgiving FTW 
happy.gif

tell me about it.   this is my second straight year not working retail after working it every year from 2002-08.  it feels good sleeping in the day after thanksgiving and enjoying your day. ill head out to the malls later in the day to do some shopping but that's about it.

to those working on friday, i know how it is, if you have cool coworkers and a decent supervisor it's not so bad though.

I work in a retail department store. We're open at 6am but I got the 9am-4pm shift. Thank god b/c I hate closing after people have destroyed our store.

I work in a retail department store. We're open at 6am but I got the 9am-4pm shift. Thank god b/c I hate closing after people have destroyed our store.

im off from the 9-5 but im bartending that night. any of you from brooklyn wanna come by after your hellish black friday shifts for a drink, ill hook it up.

im off from the 9-5 but im bartending that night. any of you from brooklyn wanna come by after your hellish black friday shifts for a drink, ill hook it up.

Overnight shift at Tommy Hilfiger . These white ppl stay messing up my hard work , ouch if i only could

Overnight shift at Tommy Hilfiger . These white ppl stay messing up my hard work , ouch if i only could

i worked at finish line for the last two years and i got a new job and have black friday off. black friday sales ftw.

i worked at finish line for the last two years and i got a new job and have black friday off. black friday sales ftw.

Back
Top Bottom