Why are so many people against Puerto Rico becoming a state?

Somebody asked this in the Presidential election thread but nobody answered.

I've seen multiple people on twitter today mad about the idea of Puerto Rico becoming the 51st state, I was trying to understand why but didn't really get a conclusive answer.

Insight anybody?

As far as I know, and from my experience, the opposition to full statehood has been largely voiced by Puerto-Ricans themselves.

And I am not talking about NY puerto-ricans (aka americanized ricans...:lol:) either, but rather native ricans who actually live on the island. I've met many via summer research programs.

Last edited:
Booooooooooooooooo

But oftopic question:

Why doesnt Haiti and DR become 1 country. I mean they are both basically hatian.

because they want independence and they've been fighting for it ever since they've been colonized. becoming a state would just give them more crumbs from the imperial table.

Booooooooooooooooo
But oftopic question:
Why doesnt Haiti and DR become 1 country. I mean they are both basically hatian.

TheDarkknightRisesBane12.gif

Because although many people won't admit it, they are still a little racist. Plus, we'd have to add another star to our precious flag

Because although many people won't admit it, they are still a little racist. Plus, we'd have to add another star to our precious flag

wait what?

what does that have to do with anything? whos racist towards what?

wait what?
what does that have to do with anything? whos racist towards what?

I think hes saying from an american standpoint, people that pretty much dont wanna anymore brown people( I know they arent brown) in the US wouldnt be for it.

Back
Top Bottom