Why are so many teams passing on Vick?

I can understand the PR nightmare, in a sense, but there are teams including mine(Buffalo) that could use Vick as a backup, or even a starter.

To all the ******** fans that think Campbell is "that good", Vick would be a major upgrade.

Dog killing is too risky for a team PR

Most teams just playing it safe and sticking to Cocain, Weed, Attemped murder, & Rape.

The following teams should be interested

Vikings...
Browns...
Dolphins (best option imo)
and Tampa

I would love to see him play with the VICKings or Miami

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

I can understand the PR nightmare, in a sense, but there are teams including mine(Buffalo) that could use Vick as a backup, or even a starter.

To all the ******** fans that think Campbell is "that good", Vick would be a major upgrade.
laugh.gif
That's a joke....

Vick BEFORE he went to jail would be considered an upgrade....right now, I'd take Campbell 10 times out of 10 over Mike Vick.

Originally Posted by Q46totheE

laugh.gif
That's a joke....

Vick BEFORE he went to jail would be considered an upgrade....right now, I'd take Campbell 10 times out of 10 over Mike Vick.

Well then expect 8-8 seasons every year.

Campbell is a statue in the pocket, and holds the ball to long.

Teams that need help right away:

Vikings
Browns
Dolphins
Texans
Raiders
49ers
Rams

In a fan and owners perspective, how can you not want him on your team?

He gives the team a better chance to win as a fan, and he fills the seats as a owner.

From an owner and GM standpoint, you guys gotta realize that bringing this guy in will shake up your depth chart and locker roomsimmediately.

And if he starts to kill at practices and training camp, even more.

Only two teams who can "afford" to have their QBs on salty status with are the 49ers and Vikings.

Everyone else, not worth it. They either got big money draft picks who need all the QB media attention on THEM (even if they are getting no PT yet), guys whostill need to prove themselves, or steady vets.

From a PR, team synergy, or fiscal standpoint.

And after the Campbell situation last year when feelings got hurt, I think Zorn has told Synder to fall back on this one.

Just my take.

laugh.gif
That's a joke....

Vikings
Browns
Dolphins
Texans
Raiders
49ers
Rams

He gives the team a better chance to win as a fan, and he fills the seats as a owner.

Bro, we'd be WORSE off right now with Vick as the starting QB. You're talking about a guy who has had ZERO football activity in 2+ years....you mustbe smoking that Marion Barry good stuff if you honestly think Mike Vick can step right in and lead a team to .500 record or better. As of now, he's notbetter than Jason Campbell...I'm just not seeing it. He's going to be used as a gimmick, or in a slash role for the time being....after this season,we'll see if he can land a starting job. Nothing is going to be handed to Mike Vick because he's Mike Vick. This isn't 2006, so any job he'sgoing out for, he's going to have to earn and beat out the incumbent starter....

i mean, who's to say that while he was in JAIL for 2 years, with NOTHING to do, he wasn't throwing a ball and running drills? none of us know what hewas doing in the slammer. i am a skins fan(obviously) and i know we will not take him.

plus i think he is a PR nightmare. but at the same time, who would go to see him just because they never thought he would be back? i for one would

Bro, we'd be WORSE off right now with Vick as the starting QB. You're talking about a guy who has had ZERO football activity in 2+ years....you must be smoking that Marion Barry good stuff if you honestly think Mike Vick can step right in and lead a team to .500 record or better. As of now, he's not better than Jason Campbell...I'm just not seeing it. He's going to be used as a gimmick, or in a slash role for the time being....after this season, we'll see if he can land a starting job. Nothing is going to be handed to Mike Vick because he's Mike Vick. This isn't 2006, so any job he's going out for, he's going to have to earn and beat out the incumbent starter....

False. I guarantee that Vick has been handling balls, passing the leather, running up the a-holes, taking the snap, divingin the huddle, and even a little late night receiving during those 2 years.
laugh.gif

Vikings
Browns
Dolphins
Texans
Raiders
49ers
Rams

The Browns? Quinn is gonna get to start a full season at QB, what do they need him for with Anderson as a backup? Out of all the squads, I can seehim in Jacksonville.

Only two teams who can "afford" to have their QBs on salty status with are the 49ers and Vikings.

You got a point there. Which is another reason why I hope the 49ers pick Vick up, I mean we don't really have a true QB right now anyway so it reallywouldn't matter to me if anyone on the team got salty or not, they would just have to deal with it.

And after the Campbell situation last year when feelings got hurt, I think Zorn has told Synder to fall back on this one.

Not entirely true. Truth be told as many Skins fans say that Campbell is on the hot seat this year which he is, Zorn aint too far behind in Synder eyes
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

If skins dont make the playoffs this year.

Campbell is 100% gone.

Zorn will be right behind him.. if Shanahan or Cowher are interested in coaching.

Eddie you are a fool sir, lol. But seriously I could only see him in two places miami in the wildcat or in oakland because they'll take anyone. Cowboysmight take him and place him on special teams or as a wideout since roy williams wont be showinng up this season. If the skins take him i will be highly upset

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

If skins dont make the playoffs this year.

Campbell is 100% gone.

Zorn will be right behind him.. if Shanahan or Cowher are interested in coaching.
I'd been tellling Skins fans this for the longest on here.

Originally Posted by eddiebauer757

Most teams just playing it safe and sticking to Cocain, Weed, Attemped murder, & Rape.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
but I think that's the main hurdle that whoever picks him will have to overcome. I doubt he loses ALL his physical ability in just two years.He's not a locker room problem. The key is to find one of those IDGAF Owners who will take the negative press. People will come to see the games just tosee how he performs after being away for 2 years.

I'm willing to bet that "PR nightmare" is the last concern on the list. In sports, there is no such thing as PR nightmare when a player isperforming. The hesitance stems strictly from his non-football activity. Teams don't know what he has and to some degree they don't know what they havejust yet.

Instead of having to convince a list of teams, all it really takes is one.

After an offseason in which the ******** tried to trade for Jay Cutler(notes), then tried to move up in the draft to get Mark Sanchez(notes), Campbell is still Washington's starting QB. Andstepping out for the opening practice of training camp, Campbell said, "The first thing I see is a 'DC WANTS VICK' sign. I started laughing tomyself about it." …

dcwantsvick.jpg

-Yahoo! Sports

Why do people still think this guy is it? I could careless about the dog killing...he was a below average throwing QB his one strength was running, you thinkafter 2 years of jail he will be able to pull off the moves he had? You cant run wind sprints in a 4x8 cell.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

After an offseason in which the ******** tried to trade for Jay Cutler(notes), then tried to move up in the draft to get Mark Sanchez(notes), Campbell is still Washington's starting QB. And stepping out for the opening practice of training camp, Campbell said, "The first thing I see is a 'DC WANTS VICK' sign. I started laughing to myself about it." …

dcwantsvick.jpg

-Yahoo! Sports

Here's a great illustration of some ******** fans that know what they're talking about.

white people too?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

Why do people still think this guy is it? I could careless about the dog killing...he was a below average throwing QB his one strength was running, you think after 2 years of jail he will be able to pull off the moves he had? You cant run wind sprints in a 4x8 cell.

below average throwing? nonsense sir. your familiarity with #7 clearly stems from sportscenter highlights and NFL.com stats page. not saying he's peytonmanning by any means but when not dodging linebackers and defensive lineman due to a O-line that was weaker than wet paper towels, dude was pretty effective atgetting the ball to such All Pro receivers as Mike Jenkins and Roddy White (whether they could catch them or not is another story...)

Well he's on probation, wants too much $, he's overrated, he can't throw (worst comp. % in NFL), a major distraction, he's not a good qb iswhat I'm saying. I hope he signs with the cfl or afl. I do like him so I'm not a hater he's just not... Idk how else to put it

Back
Top Bottom