Why are some NBA teams so consistently pathetic?? Vol Timberwolves and Warriors

Serious Question.

In a league where more then half the teams make the playoffs every year and all it takes is to just be average, win about 40-45 games to get in, how do teams like the ones I just mention find a way to suck every year?

Is it management, crappy drafting, crappy ownership or what is it??

I'm being serious because when 16 teams in a 30 team league are eligible to qualify for the playoffs each year there's no excuse to be missing the playoffs 5-6 years in a row like it's acceptable.

Serious Question.

In a league where more then half the teams make the playoffs every year and all it takes is to just be average, win about 40-45 games to get in, how do teams like the ones I just mention find a way to suck every year?

I'm being serious because when 16 teams in a 30 team league are eligible to qualify for the playoffs each year there's no excuse to be missing the playoffs 5-6 years in a row like it's acceptable.

Management + ownership

Some of these teams arent trying to win, they are just trying to make money.

lack of defense + bad management + subpar coaching

i dont believe talent is the problem

lack of defense + bad management + subpar coaching

i dont believe talent is the problem

Management + ownership

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Management + ownership

QFT

they care more about $ then anything else

Management + ownership

QFT

Management + ownership

and it's sad. the league really needs to do something about it.  i feel bad in a case like the warriors situation. they actually got a fanbase that supports the team even though the organization doesn't support the fans back. a fanbase like that deserves a winner or a respectable product out there.

i know teams aren't going to win every year, but if ownership is making a legit effort to try and get better and improve it's much easier to stick with a team through the down years.

Management + ownership

and it's sad. the league really needs to do something about it.  i feel bad in a case like the warriors situation. they actually got a fanbase that supports the team even though the organization doesn't support the fans back. a fanbase like that deserves a winner or a respectable product out there.

i know teams aren't going to win every year, but if ownership is making a legit effort to try and get better and improve it's much easier to stick with a team through the down years.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Serious Question.

As a Laker fan, you should know damn well it doesnt take 40 wins to make the playoffs in the West. 

Serious Question.

As a Laker fan, you should know damn well it doesnt take 40 wins to make the playoffs in the West. 

Why is this thread specific to the NBA though?

Couldnt you say the same thing about the Royals and Pirates in baseball?

Couldnt you say the same thing about the Lions and Cardinals in football?

Originally Posted by MzD650

Serious Question.

ok but what about the east?  the standard there is so low that teams have gotten in with about 38 wins.   still though there's 15 teams in each conference and 8 playoff seeds available in each conference.  more teams are getting in then teams that are not getting in.  between some teams having a down year and declining and the crappy teams improving there's no excuse to be missing the playoffs more then 5 years in a row in my eyes.

Originally Posted by MzD650

Serious Question.

ok but what about the east?  the standard there is so low that teams have gotten in with about 38 wins.   still though there's 15 teams in each conference and 8 playoff seeds available in each conference.  more teams are getting in then teams that are not getting in.  between some teams having a down year and declining and the crappy teams improving there's no excuse to be missing the playoffs more then 5 years in a row in my eyes.

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Management + ownership

QFT

sad that they don't realize WINS=$$$
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Management + ownership

QFT

sad that they don't realize WINS=$$$
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

if u want ill include the nhl as it's somewhat similar to me.  30 team league where 16 teams get in. hell i'll throw the florida panthers in this as well since they haven't been to the playoffs since 2000

in baseball there's no salary cap and with only 4 teams in each league getting in  it's way harder to make the playoffs.

i'll give you the nfl to an extent but only 12 teams in a 32 team league make the playoffs and there's more parity in the nfl. hell the cardinals almost won a super bowl 2 years ago.

Originally Posted by dland24

if u want ill include the nhl as it's somewhat similar to me.  30 team league where 16 teams get in. hell i'll throw the florida panthers in this as well since they haven't been to the playoffs since 2000

in baseball there's no salary cap and with only 4 teams in each league getting in  it's way harder to make the playoffs.

i'll give you the nfl to an extent but only 12 teams in a 32 team league make the playoffs and there's more parity in the nfl. hell the cardinals almost won a super bowl 2 years ago.

Management and ownership has some to do with it, but i think talent is the bigger issue. It seems like there are just too many average players, I think they should cut the number of teams so that it's tougher to make it to the NBA, filter out all these nobodies. Then the overall talent would be better, teams would be filled with good/great players, equaling to better competition.

Or would the NBA lose too much money if they cut teams?

Back
Top Bottom