Why are some NBA teams so consistently pathetic?? Vol Timberwolves and Warriors

Management and ownership has some to do with it, but i think talent is the bigger issue. It seems like there are just too many average players, I think they should cut the number of teams so that it's tougher to make it to the NBA, filter out all these nobodies. Then the overall talent would be better, teams would be filled with good/great players, equaling to better competition.

Or would the NBA lose too much money if they cut teams?

Ownership, coaching, management philosophy.

With the Warriors, the ownership change seems to have shifted the philosophy and things are looking up and there's reason for optimism. Gotta see what happens from there though.
Warriors weren't far away from becoming a contender after the We Believe year, after winning 48 games in 2008 and not making the playoffs, management basically pushed all the wrong buttons and $#!%!% things up completely. Luckily, at least they drafted Steph Curry in the process...

Originally Posted by wcghost

lack of defense + bad management + subpar coaching

i dont believe talent is the problem
This has been the Warriors problem for years. They've always had the talent....

Now the Kings on the other hand
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by wcghost

lack of defense + bad management + subpar coaching

i dont believe talent is the problem
This has been the Warriors problem for years. They've always had the talent....

Now the Kings on the other hand
30t6p3b.gif

Ownership, coaching, management philosophy.

With the Warriors, the ownership change seems to have shifted the philosophy and things are looking up and there's reason for optimism. Gotta see what happens from there though.
Warriors weren't far away from becoming a contender after the We Believe year, after winning 48 games in 2008 and not making the playoffs, management basically pushed all the wrong buttons and $#!%!% things up completely. Luckily, at least they drafted Steph Curry in the process...

The owners.... even somewhat successful franchises shoot themselves in the foot when the owners are overbearing (See Portland).

The owners.... even somewhat successful franchises shoot themselves in the foot when the owners are overbearing (See Portland).

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by MzD650

Serious Question.

In a league where more then half the teams make the playoffs every year and all it takes is to just be average, win about 40-45 games to get in, how do teams like the ones I just mention find a way to suck every year?

Is it management, crappy drafting, crappy ownership or what is it??

I'm being serious because when 16 teams in a 30 team league are eligible to qualify for the playoffs each year there's no excuse to be missing the playoffs 5-6 years in a row like it's acceptable.
As a Laker fan, you should know damn well it doesnt take 40 wins to make the playoffs in the West. 

ok but what about the east?  the standard there is so low that teams have gotten in with about 38 wins.   still though there's 15 teams in each conference and 8 playoff seeds available in each conference.  more teams are getting in then teams that are not getting in.  between some teams having a down year and declining and the crappy teams improving there's no excuse to be missing the playoffs more then 5 years in a row in my eyes.

What about the East?  You called out two Western conference teams.

Serious Question.

In a league where more then half the teams make the playoffs every year and all it takes is to just be average, win about 40-45 games to get in, how do teams like the ones I just mention find a way to suck every year?

Is it management, crappy drafting, crappy ownership or what is it??

I'm being serious because when 16 teams in a 30 team league are eligible to qualify for the playoffs each year there's no excuse to be missing the playoffs 5-6 years in a row like it's acceptable.
As a Laker fan, you should know damn well it doesnt take 40 wins to make the playoffs in the West. 

ok but what about the east?  the standard there is so low that teams have gotten in with about 38 wins.   still though there's 15 teams in each conference and 8 playoff seeds available in each conference.  more teams are getting in then teams that are not getting in.  between some teams having a down year and declining and the crappy teams improving there's no excuse to be missing the playoffs more then 5 years in a row in my eyes.

Originally Posted by dland24

Why is this thread specific to the NBA though?

Couldnt you say the same thing about the Royals and Pirates in baseball?

Couldnt you say the same thing about the Lions and Cardinals in football?
You didn't even put much thought into your post did you? 

Originally Posted by dland24

Why is this thread specific to the NBA though?

Couldnt you say the same thing about the Royals and Pirates in baseball?

Couldnt you say the same thing about the Lions and Cardinals in football?
You didn't even put much thought into your post did you? 

my thread title said why do some nba teams.  key word being some.  where did i say i was only referring to western conference teams?

my thread title said why do some nba teams.  key word being some.  where did i say i was only referring to western conference teams?

Team that don't play solid defense get cut for sure. Kevin Love can't fill the stat sheet in blocks for his whole team. Warriors play horrid defense. Toronto and Detroit do not have the spectacular talents needed to get an average amount of wins.

Team that don't play solid defense get cut for sure. Kevin Love can't fill the stat sheet in blocks for his whole team. Warriors play horrid defense. Toronto and Detroit do not have the spectacular talents needed to get an average amount of wins.

I woudn't say it's a style of play or anything like that. Like some people have already said; it's more on the ownership than anything else.

As a Knicks fan, I know this all too well.

I woudn't say it's a style of play or anything like that. Like some people have already said; it's more on the ownership than anything else.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

yep... poor management/ownership leads to bad teams... and you would think more wins = $ but that is not the case with the knicks... they been garbage a whole decade but are still profitable...so that would be my guess as to why teams are garbage some owners just care about the money

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

yep... poor management/ownership leads to bad teams... and you would think more wins = $ but that is not the case with the knicks... they been garbage a whole decade but are still profitable...so that would be my guess as to why teams are garbage some owners just care about the money

timberwolves = David Kahn

Warriors weren't bad... back in 07 they hit their peak... they broke that team up... but they have too many guys that don't play smart... period..

and they lack size in the west

timberwolves = David Kahn

Warriors weren't bad... back in 07 they hit their peak... they broke that team up... but they have too many guys that don't play smart... period..

and they lack size in the west

Back
Top Bottom