Why are some NBA teams so consistently pathetic?? Vol Timberwolves and Warriors

T'Wolves aren't even that pathetic. They had a solid squad for a good 10 years with KG and rebuilding usually takes some time, especially when your roster's full of young players. Kahn's gotta get his head outta his *+%, though, and start making the right moves.

T'Wolves aren't even that pathetic. They had a solid squad for a good 10 years with KG and rebuilding usually takes some time, especially when your roster's full of young players. Kahn's gotta get his head outta his *+%, though, and start making the right moves.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

It amazes me how many bad gm's there are.

the revolving door policy in the NBA is puzzling.
for example nelson getting a job to coach the young warriors instead of an up and comer. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

It amazes me how many bad gm's there are.

the revolving door policy in the NBA is puzzling.
for example nelson getting a job to coach the young warriors instead of an up and comer. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

"Vol. Twolves?" .. smh step your NBA history game up..
they were actually revelant till they traded away KG..

you call losing in the first round in one sided fashion every year except 2004 being relevant?   they were trash before kg and became trash again after the 04 run to the conference finals.  they missed the playoffs the very next season and haven't been back since.

you call losing in the first round in one sided fashion every year except 2004 being relevant?   they were trash before kg and became trash again after the 04 run to the conference finals.  they missed the playoffs the very next season and haven't been back since.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Honestly, yes I would call that relevant. Just like I would call the nuggets relevant since they got melo

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Honestly, yes I would call that relevant. Just like I would call the nuggets relevant since they got melo

Originally Posted by scwoogie

timberwolves = David Kahn

30t6p3b.gif
  Not even. Whether you agree with what Kahn is doing right now, or not, he still is just getting started building "his" team. And right now it's actually looking real promising.

The Wolves problems stemmed from bad decisions by Kevin McHale. They got lucky by hitting it big with KG, but outside of that, Mchale was complete failure. Glen Taylor can be blamed as well. He wasn't willing to pay the big money to get KG some real help.

Meaning the answer is bad ownership and general management.

Originally Posted by scwoogie

timberwolves = David Kahn

30t6p3b.gif
  Not even. Whether you agree with what Kahn is doing right now, or not, he still is just getting started building "his" team. And right now it's actually looking real promising.

The Wolves problems stemmed from bad decisions by Kevin McHale. They got lucky by hitting it big with KG, but outside of that, Mchale was complete failure. Glen Taylor can be blamed as well. He wasn't willing to pay the big money to get KG some real help.

Meaning the answer is bad ownership and general management.

The owners are just about the money. >

Said this for years now, The NBA needs to get rid of these teams
30t6p3b.gif

They need to have that system that soccer has, If the team sucks make them go from the NBA to D-league or Second Division and have them work their way up again.

Trust me, It's the only way.

The owners are just about the money. >

Said this for years now, The NBA needs to get rid of these teams
30t6p3b.gif

They need to have that system that soccer has, If the team sucks make them go from the NBA to D-league or Second Division and have them work their way up again.

Trust me, It's the only way.

It starts with upper management and trickles down. Add to that, some teams aren't even trying to win. That's part of what is so upsetting about this lockout and "small market" owners, being lead by Dan Gilbert, complaining about the anticompetitiveness of the current cap system. They have a point, but these teams are still going to suck regardless of the system. And whatever cap structure you create, certain cities (NY, Boston, LA, Texas and Florida) are going to be more desirable because of their combination of city culture, team history, and current players. If there was a hard cap of 62 mil, and Bosh/Wade/LeBron wanted to do what they did this summer, it would still happen. Just instead of 14 mil each, they'd each take 9, and now instead of getting 5 and 4 between Haslem and Mike Miller, they get 3 and 2.5. People still aren't going to be tripping over themselves to get to Milwaukee, OKC, Minnesota, etc.

It starts with upper management and trickles down. Add to that, some teams aren't even trying to win. That's part of what is so upsetting about this lockout and "small market" owners, being lead by Dan Gilbert, complaining about the anticompetitiveness of the current cap system. They have a point, but these teams are still going to suck regardless of the system. And whatever cap structure you create, certain cities (NY, Boston, LA, Texas and Florida) are going to be more desirable because of their combination of city culture, team history, and current players. If there was a hard cap of 62 mil, and Bosh/Wade/LeBron wanted to do what they did this summer, it would still happen. Just instead of 14 mil each, they'd each take 9, and now instead of getting 5 and 4 between Haslem and Mike Miller, they get 3 and 2.5. People still aren't going to be tripping over themselves to get to Milwaukee, OKC, Minnesota, etc.

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

Originally Posted by wcghost

lack of defense + bad management + subpar coaching

i dont believe talent is the problem
This has been the Warriors problem for years. They've always had the talent....

Now the Kings on the other hand
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
 true

Back
Top Bottom