Why are we so PC?

am1x90xnike

Banned
It's gotten to a point where my boss at work felt uncomfortable saying 'the black guy' when we were watching a newscast with like a four white dude panel and one black dude. He used every other adjective to describe him. I feel like acting like there aren't clear differences between people and clear social norms and expectations is in a way setting us back. It's not good that we act as if race or there aren't differences between men and women. Sorry, I have certain expectations of the role of a wife, what people wear when they are in a professional setting I have certain Prejudgements about people of different races, I judge that a black dude has been discriminated against, I also 'judge' that a dude that looks hood is probably hood. I mean if ten white dudes punch you in the face, you better be on gaurd against the next white dude you see, it's called survival, it's called being an individual. While the laws should apply to everyone equally, the manners of society should not be to act as if there aren't clear differences and expectations.

Discuss.

It's gotten to a point where my boss at work felt uncomfortable saying 'the black guy' when we were watching a newscast with like a four white dude panel and one black dude. He used every other adjective to describe him. I feel like acting like there aren't clear differences between people and clear social norms and expectations is in a way setting us back. It's not good that we act as if race or there aren't differences between men and women. Sorry, I have certain expectations of the role of a wife, what people wear when they are in a professional setting I have certain Prejudgements about people of different races, I judge that a black dude has been discriminated against, I also 'judge' that a dude that looks hood is probably hood. I mean if ten white dudes punch you in the face, you better be on gaurd against the next white dude you see, it's called survival, it's called being an individual. While the laws should apply to everyone equally, the manners of society should not be to act as if there aren't clear differences and expectations.

Discuss.
It's because the last thing anyone wants to be is racist. Most people grew up in a house that either inherited racist parenting or practice it. Either case it's in the white community and they know it, but they make exceptions to "fit in" and not be "different" because American life is built off imagery. 

It's a lot of pressure to be under, which is people have these racial outburst that end up on TMZ. They can't maintain "the act" they put up in public to avoid being called racist. 

My thing is this, why act? Why not just say what you feel? And if you were raised in a racist home and want to change, be the change you want to see. Not just to "get through your day". Actually learn about other cultures and what offends them.

That way you won't have to be politically correct... I always hated that term and concept anyway. It's the true nature of a compromising and weak individual.

Last edited:
Imagine that you are a woman beater.

You love doing it. You would never actually stop beating your current wife/girlfriend/sister because she has no power and its a great way to exercise yours, especially when other aspects of your life make you feel like just another person.

You know it's wrong. You know that you are hurting this woman. You know that you are really awful for this, but at the same time what is she gonna do about it?

But you also know that if anyone found out that not only do you beat her, but you love it and do it all the time, that would be the end of any social standing you have.

So you act SUPER careful when you're in public. Even act in the opposite way, like guys who hit women are scum in your eyes.

Now imagine an entire population of people who are either in this situation, or are around this situation regularly and find it so awful that they are just as against it as the people who are putting up a front pretend to be.

Last edited:
Imagine that you are a woman beater.

You love doing it. You would never actually stop beating your current wife/girlfriend/sister because she has no power and its a great way to exercise yours, especially when other aspects of your life make you feel like just another person.

You know it's wrong. You know that you are hurting this woman. You know that you are really awful for this, but at the same time what is she gonna do about it?

But you also know that if anyone found out that not only do you beat her, but you love it and do it all the time, that would be the end of any social standing you have.

So you act SUPER careful when you're in public. Even act in the opposite way, like guys who hit women are scum in your eyes.

Now imagine an entire population of people who are either in this situation, or are around this situation regularly and find it so awful that they are just as against it as the people who are putting up a front pretend to be.
The difference her is that you are actually physically harming another person. Your act is actually against the law. Calling someone a ****** isn't against the law, it's agianst social norms, but not the law, so if you want to say it, say it and take whatever you have coming to you. I'd have more respect for you if you did that opposed to always holding it in and secretly wanting to say it. Law v Manners.
It's because the last thing anyone wants to be is racist. Most people grew up in a house that either inherited racist parenting or practice it. Either case it's in the white community and they know it, but they make exceptions to "fit in" and not be "different" because American life is built off imagery. 

It's a lot of pressure to be under, which is people have these racial outburst that end up on TMZ. They can't maintain "the act" they put up in public to avoid being called racist. 

My thing is this, why act? Why not just say what you feel? And if you were raised in a racist home and want to change, be the change you want to see. Not just to "get through your day". Actually learn about other cultures and what offends them.

That way you won't have to be politically correct... I always hated that term and concept anyway. It's the true nature of a compromising and weak individual.
Nomad, sometimes you seem wise beyond your maturity, this is one of those times.

I hate the concept of "political correctness". I feel like it's anti-american to walk on eggshells around people. There is a big world, and if everyone has to walk on eggshells, no one will ever truly be free.

The difference her is that you are actually physically harming another person. Your act is actually against the law. Calling someone a ****** isn't against the law, it's agianst social norms, but not the law, so if you want to say it, say it and take whatever you have coming to you. I'd have more respect for you if you did that opposed to always holding it in and secretly wanting to say it. Law v Manners.

Nomad, sometimes you seem wise beyond your maturity, this is one of those times.

I hate the concept of "political correctness". I feel like it's anti-american to walk on eggshells around people. There is a big world, and if everyone has to walk on eggshells, no one will ever truly be free.

isn't calling someone the N word a crime? hate crime no? you cant just go around slinging racial slurs

isn't calling someone the N word a crime? hate crime no? you cant just go around slinging racial slurs
No, it is not a crime. Depending on the circumstances, you may bring up an "Intentional infliction of emotional distress" civil claim, but the bar for that is really high, and may never raise to the necessary level. It's not a hate crime for an individual to call someone else a ******. If a corporation does it, or an agent for that corporation does it, acting in an official capacity does, then it may be. An individual citizen has the right to call anyone anything they want (barring an iied claim), it may not be the smartest thing to do, as it is a crime against your reputation, but the slur alone is not grounds for legal or civil action.

We have that first amendment, which includes the the freedom to express unpopular ideas.

I had to stop referring to the hot chicks as ******* around the office

it was totally a compliment

Discuss.

ibite27wmOWrkA.png

PC is a must at work though, there are laws in place, and I am sorry but I like my job. For instance, A coworker I am friends with is dating a girl from a different department. I met her the other day, and normally I would hug one of my boys girl, but I shook her hand. Work setting is just different, in the corporate world being fake is a must.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom