Why aren't convicts being used in the US military?

Aside from the notion that training criminals is opening pandora's box,  I think this would be a great idea. Actual reformation through service beats sticking these guys in gen. pop and watching them become worse criminals than they were when they got convicted. For some benefits and a chance at freedom (not even a salary, just benefits) a lot of guys would actually be up for it. That would beat the hell outta having a draft as well.. Just saying..

Discuss.

Aside from the notion that training criminals is opening pandora's box,  I think this would be a great idea. Actual reformation through service beats sticking these guys in gen. pop and watching them become worse criminals than they were when they got convicted. For some benefits and a chance at freedom (not even a salary, just benefits) a lot of guys would actually be up for it. That would beat the hell outta having a draft as well.. Just saying..

Discuss.

They don't want prisoners to better themselves even if it would better the country.

Not a bad idea though yo

They don't want prisoners to better themselves even if it would better the country.

Not a bad idea though yo

this would be a huge liability, theres just too much that could go wrong.
but it would be nice if they could make it work. I do agree that letting them rot in the prison system rarely really reforms them tho

but it would be nice if they could make it work. I do agree that letting them rot in the prison system rarely really reforms them tho

Remember what happened in The Longest Yard during the first practice?

Imagine that with guns.

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by thegreatstallion

basically, too many -'s over +'s.. they might as well use the lower class..
oh wait. 

Originally Posted by thegreatstallion

basically, too many -'s over +'s.. they might as well use the lower class..
oh wait. 

Remember what happened in The Longest Yard during the first practice?

Imagine that with guns.

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom