Why aren't people buying the Verizon iPhone?

Has anyone traded their ATT iphone4 to verizon for another iphone 4 on verizon?

Thinking about making the jump. Too much off-network data usage FUUUU!!!
mad.gif

I can have the termination fee waived by ATT so I'm not worried about that. I just wanna know how it works.

I can have the termination fee waived by ATT so I'm not worried about that. I just wanna know how it works.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Verizon Wireless (NYSE:VZ)
sold "well over 1 million" iPhones during the smartphone's first few
weeks of availability, according to new numbers from research and
measurement firm comScore. The number is perhaps the first official,
independent tally of sales of the device.

ComScore
obtained the figure through its monthly surveys of Americans' wireless
activities. The company surveyed 10,300 mobile phone owners during
February, and the Verizon iPhone "showed up (in the results), and it
showed up in a fierce way," said comScore analyst Mark Donovan. Donovan
declined to provide a more specific sales figure. He also could not
immediately provide comparison figures for AT&T Mobility's (NYSE:T) launch of the original iPhone in 2007 or the iPhone 4 last year.

Verizon began selling the Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL)
iPhone Feb. 11, an action that broke AT&T's exclusive grip on the
device. Neither Apple nor Verizon has provided specific iPhone sales
numbers, though Verizon said it sold more iPhones during the first two
hours of the device's pre-order availability Feb. 3 than it sold on any
other first day launch in its history.

A Verizon spokeswoman declined to comment on comScore's numbers, and
an Apple representative did not immediately respond to a request for
comment.

Verizon reports its first-quarter results April 21, and Apple reports its first-quarter results April 20.

As for AT&T, carrier executives have said that the Verizon iPhone
launch met AT&T's expectations, though they have not provided any
further clarity.

Analysts have speculated that the launch of the iPhone by Verizon
would cut into the first-quarter results of rivals Sprint Nextel (NYSE:S) and T-Mobile USA.

Read more: ComScore: Verizon sold 'well over 1M' iPhones during February - FierceWireless http://www.fiercewireless.com/story...ones-during-february/2011-04-07#ixzz1IwQo89ki

Subscribe: http://www.fiercewireless...eWireless-FierceWireless
lol... and for comparison purposes the original Droid is the best selling Android phone in Verizon history and it sold 1 million in 74 days.....and this is a over 7 month old phone.
roll.gif
No such thing as a Fanboy when it comes to fact and statistics. Numbers don't lie
pimp.gif

This thread is a bust... OP is a ghost and can't defend his claims.

Dude this thread is old, i think boost has better things to do than worry about a 2 month old thread. #lame

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Verizon Wireless (NYSE:VZ)
sold "well over 1 million" iPhones during the smartphone's first few
weeks of availability, according to new numbers from research and
measurement firm comScore. The number is perhaps the first official,
independent tally of sales of the device.

ComScore
obtained the figure through its monthly surveys of Americans' wireless
activities. The company surveyed 10,300 mobile phone owners during
February, and the Verizon iPhone "showed up (in the results), and it
showed up in a fierce way," said comScore analyst Mark Donovan. Donovan
declined to provide a more specific sales figure. He also could not
immediately provide comparison figures for AT&T Mobility's (NYSE:T) launch of the original iPhone in 2007 or the iPhone 4 last year.

Verizon began selling the Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL)
iPhone Feb. 11, an action that broke AT&T's exclusive grip on the
device. Neither Apple nor Verizon has provided specific iPhone sales
numbers, though Verizon said it sold more iPhones during the first two
hours of the device's pre-order availability Feb. 3 than it sold on any
other first day launch in its history.

A Verizon spokeswoman declined to comment on comScore's numbers, and
an Apple representative did not immediately respond to a request for
comment.

Verizon reports its first-quarter results April 21, and Apple reports its first-quarter results April 20.

As for AT&T, carrier executives have said that the Verizon iPhone
launch met AT&T's expectations, though they have not provided any
further clarity.

Analysts have speculated that the launch of the iPhone by Verizon
would cut into the first-quarter results of rivals Sprint Nextel (NYSE:S) and T-Mobile USA.

Read more: ComScore: Verizon sold 'well over 1M' iPhones during February - FierceWireless http://www.fiercewireless.com/story...ones-during-february/2011-04-07#ixzz1IwQo89ki

Subscribe: http://www.fiercewireless...eWireless-FierceWireless
lol... and for comparison purposes the original Droid is the best selling Android phone in Verizon history and it sold 1 million in 74 days.....and this is a over 7 month old phone.
roll.gif
No such thing as a Fanboy when it comes to fact and statistics. Numbers don't lie
pimp.gif

This thread is a bust... OP is a ghost and can't defend his claims.

Dude this thread is old, i think boost has better things to do than worry about a 2 month old thread. #lame

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by kangaroobombs

.....info
Apparently I'm using too much data off of the ATT network so they are gonna block my data service when I'm not in their coverage area. The message I got said that less than 1% of users fall into my category so they'll waive the termination fee if I decide to leave.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by kangaroobombs

.....info
Apparently I'm using too much data off of the ATT network so they are gonna block my data service when I'm not in their coverage area. The message I got said that less than 1% of users fall into my category so they'll waive the termination fee if I decide to leave.
grin.gif

article_label_fileunder.gif
Cellphones
[h4]Verizon reports 'strong' Q1 earnings: $27 billion revenue, 2.2 million iPhone activations[/h4]
By Donald Melanson posted Apr 21st 2011 10:27AM

post_icon_pr.gif

Yesterday was AT&T's turn, and today it's Verizon revealing its earnings for the first quarter of 2011. The company has reported $27 billion in consolidated revenue from its wireless and wireline businesses, which is up 5.3 percent year over year (on a non-GAAP basis), while profits rose to $1.4 billion. Fueling that growth was 1.8 million net additions to its wireless customer base, which now totals 88.4 million customers (and 104 million connections). It also saw 207,000 net additions to its FiOS internet business and 192,000 net additions to FiOS TV, which bring those total customer bases to 4.3 million and 3.7 million, respectively. As for that little iPhone 4 launch, Verizon says it's resulted in 2.2 million activations -- that's quite a bit less that AT&T's 3.6 million iPhone activations for the same quarter, as you've no doubt noticed, although it does also have the benefit of a much cheaper iPhone 3GS in addition to the iPhone 4. Verizon also said that demand was "strong" for its new LTE devices (including 260,000 HTC Thunderbolt activations), and that deployment of its LTE network remains on track, with it expected to be available in more than 175 markets by the end of the year -- in fact, that's actually up a bit from the 147 figure we last heard. Head on past the break for the company's full earnings report.

article_label_fileunder.gif
Cellphones
[h4]Verizon reports 'strong' Q1 earnings: $27 billion revenue, 2.2 million iPhone activations[/h4]
By Donald Melanson posted Apr 21st 2011 10:27AM

post_icon_pr.gif

Yesterday was AT&T's turn, and today it's Verizon revealing its earnings for the first quarter of 2011. The company has reported $27 billion in consolidated revenue from its wireless and wireline businesses, which is up 5.3 percent year over year (on a non-GAAP basis), while profits rose to $1.4 billion. Fueling that growth was 1.8 million net additions to its wireless customer base, which now totals 88.4 million customers (and 104 million connections). It also saw 207,000 net additions to its FiOS internet business and 192,000 net additions to FiOS TV, which bring those total customer bases to 4.3 million and 3.7 million, respectively. As for that little iPhone 4 launch, Verizon says it's resulted in 2.2 million activations -- that's quite a bit less that AT&T's 3.6 million iPhone activations for the same quarter, as you've no doubt noticed, although it does also have the benefit of a much cheaper iPhone 3GS in addition to the iPhone 4. Verizon also said that demand was "strong" for its new LTE devices (including 260,000 HTC Thunderbolt activations), and that deployment of its LTE network remains on track, with it expected to be available in more than 175 markets by the end of the year -- in fact, that's actually up a bit from the 147 figure we last heard. Head on past the break for the company's full earnings report.

The second my contract ends, ill definitely consider going the Verizon route...i need that unlimited Data

The second my contract ends, ill definitely consider going the Verizon route...i need that unlimited Data

Back
Top Bottom