Why aren't people buying the Verizon iPhone?

Verizon Wireless (NYSE:VZ) sold "well over 1 million" iPhones during the smartphone's first few weeks of availability, according to new numbers from research and measurement firm comScore. The number is perhaps the first official, independent tally of sales of the device.

ComScore obtained the figure through its monthly surveys of Americans' wireless activities. The company surveyed 10,300 mobile phone owners during February, and the Verizon iPhone "showed up (in the results), and it showed up in a fierce way," said comScore analyst Mark Donovan. Donovan declined to provide a more specific sales figure. He also could not immediately provide comparison figures for AT&T Mobility's (NYSE:T) launch of the original iPhone in 2007 or the iPhone 4 last year.

Verizon began selling the Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPhone Feb. 11, an action that broke AT&T's exclusive grip on the device. Neither Apple nor Verizon has provided specific iPhone sales numbers, though Verizon said it sold more iPhones during the first two hours of the device's pre-order availability Feb. 3 than it sold on any other first day launch in its history.

A Verizon spokeswoman declined to comment on comScore's numbers, and an Apple representative did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Verizon reports its first-quarter results April 21, and Apple reports its first-quarter results April 20.

As for AT&T, carrier executives have said that the Verizon iPhone launch met AT&T's expectations, though they have not provided any further clarity.

Analysts have speculated that the launch of the iPhone by Verizon would cut into the first-quarter results of rivals Sprint Nextel (NYSE:S) and T-Mobile USA.

Read more: ComScore: Verizon sold 'well over 1M' iPhones during February - FierceWireless http://www.fiercewireless.com/story...ones-during-february/2011-04-07#ixzz1IwQo89ki
Subscribe: http://www.fiercewireless...eWireless-FierceWireless

lol... and for comparison purposes the original Droid is the best selling Android phone in Verizon history and it sold 1 million in 74 days.....and this is a over 7 month old phone.
roll.gif

Verizon Wireless (NYSE:VZ) sold "well over 1 million" iPhones during the smartphone's first few weeks of availability, according to new numbers from research and measurement firm comScore. The number is perhaps the first official, independent tally of sales of the device.

ComScore obtained the figure through its monthly surveys of Americans' wireless activities. The company surveyed 10,300 mobile phone owners during February, and the Verizon iPhone "showed up (in the results), and it showed up in a fierce way," said comScore analyst Mark Donovan. Donovan declined to provide a more specific sales figure. He also could not immediately provide comparison figures for AT&T Mobility's (NYSE:T) launch of the original iPhone in 2007 or the iPhone 4 last year.

Verizon began selling the Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPhone Feb. 11, an action that broke AT&T's exclusive grip on the device. Neither Apple nor Verizon has provided specific iPhone sales numbers, though Verizon said it sold more iPhones during the first two hours of the device's pre-order availability Feb. 3 than it sold on any other first day launch in its history.

A Verizon spokeswoman declined to comment on comScore's numbers, and an Apple representative did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Verizon reports its first-quarter results April 21, and Apple reports its first-quarter results April 20.

As for AT&T, carrier executives have said that the Verizon iPhone launch met AT&T's expectations, though they have not provided any further clarity.

Analysts have speculated that the launch of the iPhone by Verizon would cut into the first-quarter results of rivals Sprint Nextel (NYSE:S) and T-Mobile USA.

Read more: ComScore: Verizon sold 'well over 1M' iPhones during February - FierceWireless http://www.fiercewireless.com/story...ones-during-february/2011-04-07#ixzz1IwQo89ki

lol... and for comparison purposes the original Droid is the best selling Android phone in Verizon history and it sold 1 million in 74 days.....and this is a over 7 month old phone.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

roll.gif

No such thing as a Fanboy when it comes to fact and statistics. Numbers don't lie
pimp.gif

This thread is a bust... OP is a ghost and can't defend his claims.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

roll.gif

No such thing as a Fanboy when it comes to fact and statistics. Numbers don't lie
pimp.gif

This thread is a bust... OP is a ghost and can't defend his claims.

I want ONE but my new every 2 isn't up until Apr 2012. I have to pay retail so that's a NO thank you.

I want ONE but my new every 2 isn't up until Apr 2012. I have to pay retail so that's a NO thank you.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Android is an OS. The iPhone is a phone.

#fail

technically you're right, but at the same time it really comes down to the OS when comparing. it was only a matter of software when iphone finally got the ability to picture message (without jailbreaking) around the time of the iphone 3g i believe. i couldn't believe so many people bought a smartphone that didn't have this feature initially. watever. iphone 4 is a well made phone. took em long enough tho. everyone and their mom has one too. ill stick with android *shrug*

team droid
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Android is an OS. The iPhone is a phone.

#fail

technically you're right, but at the same time it really comes down to the OS when comparing. it was only a matter of software when iphone finally got the ability to picture message (without jailbreaking) around the time of the iphone 3g i believe. i couldn't believe so many people bought a smartphone that didn't have this feature initially. watever. iphone 4 is a well made phone. took em long enough tho. everyone and their mom has one too. ill stick with android *shrug*

team droid
pimp.gif

What's with this brand loyalty *+$+%*@%? Are you sponsored by these company's? Do they pay you to talk about how great their product is? No, they don't give a !$!$ about you.

I'm on Android because that's what works best for me at the moment. If the next Iphone suits me better I'll switch over in a heartbeat. I'm not a die hard anything. As a consumer I don't have to be tied to any brand and I never will be. Nor do I give a !$!$ about what anybody else is using.

What's with this brand loyalty *+$+%*@%? Are you sponsored by these company's? Do they pay you to talk about how great their product is? No, they don't give a !$!$ about you.

I'm on Android because that's what works best for me at the moment. If the next Iphone suits me better I'll switch over in a heartbeat. I'm not a die hard anything. As a consumer I don't have to be tied to any brand and I never will be. Nor do I give a !$!$ about what anybody else is using.

Has anyone traded their ATT iphone4 to verizon for another iphone 4 on verizon?

Thinking about making the jump. Too much off-network data usage FUUUU!!!
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom