Why did the Altitude 13’s fall so hard this time around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That pair was so hard to get your hands on in 2005. It makes me sad that one of my favorite sneakers felt no love this last retro.

I bought two pairs <3

Resellers. You answered it yourself, it was so hard to get in 05, it's so easy to get now. Things are different and if it's "sitting" then they're bricks and no one wants them. If they aren't limited no one wants then. It's not about the looks, history, or how iconic the shoe is. Now a days its " what do they go for?"....."how many pairs did the store get?"....so there you have it, reason why they fell off and get no love. Only love they are getting now is on the clearance and sales rack.

People dont want to wear claude hoppers in 2018 anymore.

13.jpg

They probably produced a lot more this time around. I personally didn't bite because I'm not a fan of lime green.

A lot of factors goes into it. Too many releases to keep up with, produced more (not limited), they're black and green, people still have past retros, etc.

Love this color way to death, but wasn't mad returning the pair I paid retail for to buy a $120 / pair instead.

I personally think its because they switched the suede to leather, ill shoe, the 14 is harder tho imho

That pair was so hard to get your hands on in 2005. It makes me sad that one of my favorite sneakers felt no love this last retro.
I hear you! Top 3 shoe for me. Became one of my grails as soon as I started this sneaker thing back in 2007. I had to pass on the 2010 version because of the mesh.

I personally thought they were real great in pictures but underwhelming in person. The mudguard looked childish, and the leather was cheap. It looks like it was made for the outlets. Other than a few others, the OG colors are the best on 13s.

13s aren’t as popular as they were over a decade ago, as evidenced by the black/reds sitting. I think the only r cent gr that didn’t sit were the hyper Royal 13s?

It shouldn't matter that they didn't sell out quickly or were discounted. I believe some people put care too much about stuff being exclusive or selling out so they can just say they secured a pair. If you really like the shoe it shouldn't matter what other people think.

The aj2 Chicago Og lows were sitting too, does that make them a bad shoe?

For years, the majority og sneaker consumers are looking for the hype which is often created by social media and limited amount being produced.

I don't care if the youngsters wear their Huraches or Yeezys.
I love my air jordans. Period.

It shouldn't matter that they didn't sell out quickly or were discounted. I believe some people put care too much about stuff being exclusive or selling out so they can just say they secured a pair. If you really like the shoe it shouldn't matter what other people think.

your right, but its always good to analyze why ish went left time this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom