Why didn't they make it? vol. Troy Bell

If he got drafted in 08-10 he would've made a killing. So why didn't he pan out in the NBA? A small scoring guard could always carve a niche out in the league so why didn't TB make it?

Name all the small scoring guards drafted from 08-2010 who are making a killing?

If he couldn't cut it back in the earlier part of the decade, I dunno what you see of him that would imply he would have had an impact in today's NBA....

too small, couldn't create his own shot, couldn't dribble, and couldn't shoot....

eek.gif
@ some of those names on that list.
I always wondered where Hollis Price ended up, he was fun to watch back at OU.

Good to see my dude Bobby getting PT out there too.
pimp.gif

NBA is an exclusive club....If you aren't a "big man" think of the total spots in the NBA at the guard/small forward position. Then think of all the guys who play that position who come thru the ranks every year. There's going to be a load of good players who won't find room.

It sometimes is amazing though the amount of players you are convinced can do at least some damage in the NBA that never make it and you end up hearing about them 5 years later in Europe.

cant really do anything else but shoot and wasnt the best shooter either which = not good enough..

Posts like this come up like twice a month. There were so many undersized guards who were BEASTS in college, but couldn't pan out in the league. Either because they weren't true PG's or they were undersized 2's.

TB and Dahntay Jones were my two favorite players out of that class, and the Celtics drafted BOTH... I was up doing fist pumps and +#*$ and then it comes on...

Breaking News, we have a trade a trade between Boston and Memphis...

I WAS SO HEATED
laugh.gif
Worked out well cause we got Perk, but yeah..

Wheres Mateen Cleaves at?
nerd.gif

All these undersized combo guards who failed like Bell, Hatten, Flores, Clark, etc should make you appreciate how rare of a talent like Allen Iverson is. We'll never see anything like AI again in the NBA.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

All these undersized combo guards who failed like Bell, Hatten, Flores, Clark, etc should make you appreciate how rare of a talent like Allen Iverson is. We'll never see anything like AI again in the NBA.
Key!

t1_clark.jpg

Back
Top Bottom