Why do fans fill out score sheets and wear headphones at MLB games?

I bet OKB is guilty of one of these....

I don't get why people rock the headset radios while at the games....I understand you may like the broadcast team, but %%%*....you might as well paint asign on your back saying "hi, I'm awkward and anti-social." Why not just enjoy the environment and leave the radio at home?

As far as the score sheet...what's the point of filling one out in the game if you aren't affiliated w. the teams playing? You got the score boardthat tells you what's going on, and the box score is updated as the game is being played. What's the point of shading in diamond, after diamond, afterdiamond, like you're filling out a scantron???

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

As far as the score sheet...what's the point of filling one out in the game if you aren't affiliated w. the teams playing? You got the score board that tells you what's going on, and the box score is updated as the game is being played. What's the point of shading in diamond, after diamond, after diamond, like you're filling out a scantron???

I've got an uncle that still does this...at home.

Prolly explains why dude lived at home with his parents until he was 30...

00000112366-SonySRFH4headsetradio-large.jpeg

laugh.gif

i've heard some people say that they like to keep the score and save the program to games they've went to...but, there's a website (i forget whatit's called) that you can get all this info from and fill it out after the game.

but yeah, it's mostly older guys, and guys like DLo's uncle.

headphones: listen to the game
scorecard: something fun to do during the game, makes you pay attention to it

I usually see the seniors doing this at the ballpark.

But the headset is to listen to the play by play and the scoresheet, well, baseball is a game of stats. For the older fans, I guess that's just how theywere brought up in watching and keeping track of the game live. Can't hate on that though.

When we were little, my brother used to keep track of player's stats during NBA games. After he'd make sure everything matched up...

He's a sports editor now. hahaha.

laugh.gif
Admittedly, I'm guilty of wearing headphones when I've been to games at the Ballpark by myself or with people I didn't really care to talkto... I don't wear the big bulky ones though... Small radio with iPod headphones is the way to go...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
Admittedly, I'm guilty of wearing headphones when I've been to games at the Ballpark by myself or with people I didn't really care to talk to... I don't wear the big bulky ones though... Small radio with iPod headphones is the way to go...
I wish there was a way to get a live stream to an IPOD, maybe when I get an IPHONE.

Rock one ear bud to hear the play by play, and still have the other ear open for conversation,
laugh.gif
. I like listening to play by play, the fact that I don't have an am/fmradio keeps me from listening to it when I go to games as a fan.

I can see why some people keep track of the play by play....just sitting there watching the game can be incrediblyyyyy boring.

Originally Posted by dlsilva21

When we were little, my brother used to keep track of player's stats during NBA games. After he'd make sure everything matched up...

thats actually a good story .
smokin.gif

To block out the sound of hostile fans barking at you when you try to catch a foul but then fail. Failing of catching a foul ball and your team failing to makethe World Series.
laugh.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I bet OKB is guilty of one of these....
Discussion baseball =/= watching baseball

People go to baseball games by themselves? The whole point is you can have conversations while the game is going on.

Why would I be filling out a sheet with hits, errors or all that other dumb !+%*, it's meaningless. Why would anyone want to do that, it's utterlypointless.
laugh.gif

If you are by yourself and don't feel like talking to random dudes I understand I guess but again, I don't go to baseball games alone.

Originally Posted by x1xJIGSAWx1x

Originally Posted by dlsilva21

thats actually a good story .
smokin.gif
Haha, yeah I never thought about it before. I hope he doesn't mind me mentioning it because he's on the board. He does a lot of lurking.

I was always into playing sports and he'd know my stats as soon as I stepped off the court. He has sooo many NBA game tapes. The Rockets championship tapestoo... I guess I never really thought about how it developed into his life.

He's doing his dream job, now he just has to move up accordingly.

They always be rocking those clunky *** Radio Shack headsets though with the duct tape. It'll be some Wh!tey Herzog looking chump in a Teamsters satin jacket and those all black velcro sneakers from Wal-Mart just sitting by himself with his old pilot headset on his head and hewanna grumble at you everytime you start cheering.

Back
Top Bottom