Why do people like the Wire ?

Just finished season 1&2 one of the greatest shows of all times.

String was my favorite in the first season but now he's the most hated. I can't wait to see him get what he deserves.

Frank was my favorite in season two. Can't wait until Marlo is introduced.

Originally Posted by Eyrkel

Same reason people like the soprano's
grin.gif

I could watch Sopranos episodes over and over again. 

The wire was a good show, it just has no replay value for me. 

Originally Posted by Eyrkel

Same reason people like the soprano's
grin.gif

I could watch Sopranos episodes over and over again. 

The wire was a good show, it just has no replay value for me. 

Originally Posted by skylerof209

mostly cuz the black people
laugh.gif
(call me racist bt I think tht may have made it better imo)
watch the show on good episodes you will see. I know a few eps like from season 2 were dry but season 1 has to be the greatest of all time.

Spoiler [+]
kanye_shrug.png

The hell do black people have to do with this show being considered the greatest of All-Time???

Originally Posted by skylerof209

mostly cuz the black people
laugh.gif
(call me racist bt I think tht may have made it better imo)
watch the show on good episodes you will see. I know a few eps like from season 2 were dry but season 1 has to be the greatest of all time.

Spoiler [+]
kanye_shrug.png

The hell do black people have to do with this show being considered the greatest of All-Time???

OP's Avy is from a show that hasn't been remotely good the past 4 seasons though.
The Wire is the GOAT.  No opinion is needed, that's a fact.

OP's Avy is from a show that hasn't been remotely good the past 4 seasons though.
The Wire is the GOAT.  No opinion is needed, that's a fact.

Everyone jumped on the bandwagon in the last season. LOL when it aired on BET people acted like it was brand new. It was out years before then and nobody gave a crap about it.

I watched the first 2 seasons on HBO. There were to many characters and I couldnt remember who was who and why I should care who they are in the first season. Gave the second season a chance and thought it wasnt bad. The polacks plot line was way better then the first season Barskdale mess.

Anyway after the second season I moved on with my life and never heard of the show again till it aired on BET. Its overrated imo.

Sopranos and Oz are way better then the wire.

Everyone jumped on the bandwagon in the last season. LOL when it aired on BET people acted like it was brand new. It was out years before then and nobody gave a crap about it.

I watched the first 2 seasons on HBO. There were to many characters and I couldnt remember who was who and why I should care who they are in the first season. Gave the second season a chance and thought it wasnt bad. The polacks plot line was way better then the first season Barskdale mess.

Anyway after the second season I moved on with my life and never heard of the show again till it aired on BET. Its overrated imo.

Sopranos and Oz are way better then the wire.

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Why do people that don't like the show care why others do?
Why do people who do like it, get so defensive when others don't "get it"?

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Why do people that don't like the show care why others do?
Why do people who do like it, get so defensive when others don't "get it"?

I am not one to get defensive about it. I just don't see why someone who doesn't like
the show or "get it" would trouble themselves in trying to figure out why others do. It always seems
to be the ones that don't like the show challenging others to defend why they do like it, not the other way
around

I am not one to get defensive about it. I just don't see why someone who doesn't like
the show or "get it" would trouble themselves in trying to figure out why others do. It always seems
to be the ones that don't like the show challenging others to defend why they do like it, not the other way
around

^Because SOME of the reasons as to why people don't like the show are laughable.Don't sit up here and tell me "ummmmm... I watched the first 2 episodes and got bored.It's overrated".
laugh.gif
What kind of foolishness is that?

^Because SOME of the reasons as to why people don't like the show are laughable.Don't sit up here and tell me "ummmmm... I watched the first 2 episodes and got bored.It's overrated".
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

laugh.gif
exactly, I'm not gonna sit there and say a show sucks or is overrated unless I sat there and watched the entire series

I can understand saying it didn't keep your attention so you quit watching but to say the series is flat out it's overrated without seeing ALL of it is just stupid

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

laugh.gif
exactly, I'm not gonna sit there and say a show sucks or is overrated unless I sat there and watched the entire series

I can understand saying it didn't keep your attention so you quit watching but to say the series is flat out it's overrated without seeing ALL of it is just stupid

Back
Top Bottom